PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Fragalot Order #2?

Littlefishy
11-12-2012, 08:50 PM
Hey all,

I have been approached by a couple of members who missed out on the Calgary Fragalot Order that just went through. Not sure what the timeline or dates were like on that shipment. I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who was interested in getting in on another Calgary order, or perhaps anyone who just ordered needed anything else. I have organized 2 of these orders in the past with quite good success and have been in touch with Burc lots (he is always excellent to deal with in my personal experience). If there is enough interest I will entertain the idea of a Calgary order in the near future. This is not the best time of year for livestock shipments so please take that into consideration. I am also going to plead with Burc to update his site, which was not done in time for the last order. Please let me know if you are interested or have any questions!

Thanks!

Nano
11-12-2012, 09:06 PM
This would be a good time, seems he has lots of nice stuff as we just ordered from him. Even my order was all sps and everything made it looking great.
Also received a bunch of maxi minis and rock flowers, zoas etc. Everything looks great.

Just throwing that out for anyone skeptical of doing sps. He is using heat packs right now due to weather being cold. And I think that is what made the difference.

He more then likely won't update the site, but rather will email you a list of what he currently has with pictures and pricing.

sphelps
11-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm in for some SPS if they have been coming in fairly well recently.

Littlefishy
11-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Anyone else have any feedback on the previous order? Sounds encouraging and yes he said he could send along an email with updates. I will keep everyone in the loop.

molotov
11-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Anyone else have any feedback on the previous order? Sounds encouraging and yes he said he could send along an email with updates. I will keep everyone in the loop.

I organized the last order. Burc was EXCELLENT to deal with. He answered emails usually within 5 minutes. I was at one point even emailing him early on a Sunday morning and his responses were under five minutes.

We were delayed one day on shipping because he had a bad batch of heat packs. I can tell you it was worth the one day wait in order for us to receive our order alive.

We did have a couple of guys who had a couple of DOA's but for an order of that size I would expect a couple. One guys order was missed for which Burc is handling personally to make it right. We did have some pieces show up that weren't what people ordered but again with an order as big as we had it wasn't a big deal. We've sent the discrepancies to Burc and just waiting for his response.

Overall he was amazing to deal with. We got our order one day later although I'm sure it would have arrived earlier if it were not for his heat pack issue. I would not hesitate to order from Burc again. Outstanding service and the frags are all top notch.

Littlefishy
11-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Anyone interested in this order?

mrhasan
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Yah the last order was awesome :)

If this group order is going through, I will thrown in some bucks to get some montis; couldn't just get enough out of the last order :P

P.S. Burc is awesome to deal with as long as you are awesome to deal with ;) He personally told me he doesn't bother if people don't co-operate :P

mrhasan
11-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I will be more than happy to grab the current list and email it to people who are interested :) Burc always keeps me updated with recent stocks so will not be a problem for me to get hold of the list.

After all, I was able to grab it while many people were busy complaining or trying to find the updated list ;)

Littlefishy
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
He sends me the lists too, just thinking it would be easier if he updated the site. Yes, he is great to work with. Send emails out to those who just ordered if you would please, thanks!

mrhasan
11-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Sent :)

Well I requested him to update it but he said that most of the stocks comes in and gets sold right away and hence he doesn't update it.

born
11-12-2012, 11:34 PM
I'd probably be interested, missed out on the last couple and was kinda sceptical about it, but what's 20$ here or there. If I could get the list that'd be much appreciated too.

Littlefishy
11-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Yea I don't blame Burc, lots of stuff is always going through.

I sent him an email so when I hear from him I will send out the list. Anyone who is interested start sending me your emails!

reefwars
11-13-2012, 12:11 AM
if the site gets updated ill grab a few if not then im out again lol :P

Always_Learning
11-13-2012, 12:20 AM
I'm in for $100. Just let me know who to pay and when.

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 12:21 AM
if the site gets updated ill grab a few if not then im out again lol :P

Oh Denny you are going to be disappointing again I guess ;) Try taking a risk! I thought you are a risk-lover :mrgreen:

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm in for $100. Just let me know who to pay and when.

If you sent a budget, you will always cross it ;) So its better to not set anything and just order :P

Example: my budget started from 30 and ended at 95 LOL

reefwars
11-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Oh Denny you are going to be disappointing again I guess ;) Try taking a risk! I thought you are a risk-lover :mrgreen:

youll learn in time with burc its all risk , i simply want to reduce the amount of risk. from my understanding i had someone over in the last order and his whole order was doa and stuff not what he ordered....sounds like the same ol burc to me so ill hold out for the website is all as i really dont NEED anything lol:)

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Hmm... the first time I ordered my budget was $50... I spent $375... :sad:

Denny I just asked and Burc said he would send me an email with new pics... Is that a no go for you?

As soon as I gauge the interest I can determine dates.

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 12:41 AM
youll learn in time with burc its all risk , i simply want to reduce the amount of risk. from my understanding i had someone over in the last order and his whole order was doa and stuff not what he ordered....sounds like the same ol burc to me so ill hold out for the website is all as i really dont NEED anything lol:)

I know one's order was totally missing but didn't know about a whole DOA order. I got a blue tenius which died overnight but is recovering but it was a freebie :P

Yah I will agree, reading all the comments, and seeing how many orders he carries out every week, there's always risk.

At the end, I just say, everyone can never give a service as good as Greg (Snappy). :)

reefwars
11-13-2012, 12:49 AM

Denny I just asked and Burc said he would send me an email with new pics... Is that a no go for you?

can we get a list with prices i hate all the back and forth id like to be able to just see a pic and a price then i can easily say yay or nay. him sending pics without a name or price doesnt interest me but if he sends you a list of names,pics and prices ill be in.

i can be in for as much as 500 or as little as 10 depending on what he sends you hehe:)

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 12:51 AM
can we get a list with prices i hate all the back and forth id like to be able to just see a pic and a price then i can easily say yay or nay. him sending pics without a name or price doesnt interest me but if he sends you a list of names,pics and prices ill be in.

i can be in for as much as 500 or as little as 10 depending on what he sends you hehe:)

He will be sending pictures with name. I can help you with the prices since he doesn't include it in the pictures; just the referencing name. I bugged him a lot to find out the prices ;)

reefwars
11-13-2012, 12:52 AM
I know one's order was totally missing but didn't know about a whole DOA order. I got a blue tenius which died overnight but is recovering but it was a freebie :P

Yah I will agree, reading all the comments, and seeing how many orders he carries out every week, there's always risk.

At the end, I just say, everyone can never give a service as good as Greg (Snappy). :)

well this person wont order again i can almost guarantee that i gave warninga last time without a site udate its a mix match of orders, we always have large orders ours have done well because we make burc meet us half way which is only fair , if you do it as a rush it fails, patience is the key to burc;)

ps ....your freebie dyig is still a doa none the less i can give out dead freebies all day whats that say??

reefwars
11-13-2012, 12:53 AM
He will be sending pictures with name. I can help you with the prices since he doesn't include it in the pictures; just the referencing name. I bugged him a lot to find out the prices ;)

i dont need other customers to help me with pricing if the "seller" cant send prices then im out.

im actually out anyways i just figured id see if things have changed but i guess not lol

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 12:57 AM
well this person wont order again i can almost guarantee that i gave warninga last time without a site udate its a mix match of orders, we always have large orders ours have done well because we make burc meet us half way which is only fair , if you do it as a rush it fails, patience is the key to burc;)

ps ....your freebie dyig is still a doa none the less i can give out dead freebies all day whats that say??

Yap I can't agree more that patience is the key to Burc :)

Well it wasn't dead on arrival but was beaten up pretty bad and took the night to die. If you give me a dead freebie, I will complain because its you ;) But since that sps was DOA, I won't complain since I kept my expectation low, hearing everything about Burc so wasn't disappointed at the end. But I know you won't do it so if you do it, I will be disappointed ;)

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 12:59 AM
i dont need other customers to help me with pricing if the "seller" cant send prices then im out.

im actually out anyways i just figured id see if things have changed but i guess not lol

Come on Denny give it a shot. If you are in, I will be more confident :mrgreen: Maybe you can try to revive the DOAs also with your skills ;)

molotov
11-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey Denny, not sure what you heard or who you heard it from but no one on our order had their order come in DOA. I know because I unpacked everyone's order. One guy was missing his entire order but Burc is making good with that.

His response to me with regards to his website was that it is almost impossible to keep it up to date. A lot of the new stuff that he gets in is gone so quick he'd be spending all his time updating his website. So instead of keeping the website up to date he sends out the updated lists on what he has. He says it's way more efficient that way and his customers have the opportunity to get the latest and greatest. kinda makes sense to me. Personally I'd rather have him focus on my order than spending all his time updating a website.

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Denny I am the one communicating with Burc in regards to this specific order.

I have a present for you... Burc said he would update his site for us by the end of the day!!! I will keep an eye out and let everyone know when the update is live. Great success!

Seth81
11-13-2012, 03:11 PM

Send me the list too please.

Yeah on the last order some stuff was messed up, but I did get some great stuff that I've never be able to find here in Calgary.

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Denny I am the one communicating with Burc in regards to this specific order.

I have a present for you... Burc said he would update his site for us by the end of the day!!! I will keep an eye out and let everyone know when the update is live. Great success!

Ya Burc told me that too. Merry Christmas Denny ;)

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Ya Burc told me that too. Merry Christmas Denny ;)

Are you ordering anything on this order?

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Are you ordering anything on this order?

Yap :D

donlite
11-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Can you fill me in on what this guy sells and prices.

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Yap :D

Sweet, you are addicted like the rest of us. Send me your order when you whittle it down (if you can, I know I must enforce restraint).

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Can you fill me in on what this guy sells and prices.

Check out the fragalot website.

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Sweet, you are addicted like the rest of us. Send me your order when you whittle it down (if you can, I know I must enforce restraint).

I am not addicted...I am impatient ;)

Yah I will as soon as I get hold of the updates :)

Why not set a deadline early?

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Trying to see how many people are interested.

nanoreefnewbie
11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I might be intreasted..what's the website with prices and pics

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I might be intreasted..what's the website with prices and pics

Not yet updated. Will post once it gets updated :)

nanoreefnewbie
11-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Not yet updated. Will post once it gets updated :)

Does anyone have a general list of what he carries..mostly looking for polys zoas mushrooms easy stuff but add some colour:biggrin:

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Does anyone have a general list of what he carries..mostly looking for polys zoas mushrooms easy stuff but add some colour:biggrin:

Not sure about the current stock. But you should be able to get some of those :)

nanoreefnewbie
11-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Sweet well ill wait on a update then too make choices...even tho website isn't updated..what is the Site...??:mrgreen:

nanoreefnewbie
11-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Sweet well ill wait on a update then too make choices...even tho website isn't updated..what is the Site...??:mrgreen:

Thank you mrhansen:biggrin:
Jus off first glance count me in:wink: he has alot of nice stuff I'm intreasted in a few of the zoa colony lol could we put in a order for snails and a few cleaner shrimp??:biggrin:

mrhasan
11-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Thank you mrhansen:biggrin:
Jus off first glance count me in:wink: he has alot of nice stuff I'm intreasted in a few of the zoa colony lol could we put in a order for snails and a few cleaner shrimp??:biggrin:

It would be your call :)

nanoreefnewbie
11-13-2012, 10:26 PM
It would be your call :)

Really sweet I despritaly need too add some more clean up crew...do cleaner shrimp eat hair algea??my tank is starting too grow some..is hair algea bad for a reef tank??Srry too sorta hijack thread..jus woundering if I would be wasting money

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Really sweet I despritaly need too add some more clean up crew...do cleaner shrimp eat hair algea??my tank is starting too grow some..is hair algea bad for a reef tank??Srry too sorta hijack thread..jus woundering if I would be wasting money

Cleaner shrimp will not touch it. I recommend Halloween or Cone shell hermits for hair algae.

Littlefishy
11-13-2012, 10:42 PM
When you have your list PM it to me with corresponding prices and total price. Please include your full real name and email.

nanoreefnewbie
11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
When you have your list PM it to me with corresponding prices and total price. Please include your full real name and email.

Is the webpage updated

iubond
11-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Can I get that list please :question:

Littlefishy
11-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Can I get that list please :question:

No list, it is just on the website.

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 02:26 AM
No list, it is just on the website.

Has the website been updated??

iubond
11-14-2012, 02:31 AM
What was the web page? Sorey, I am new here:redface:

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 02:35 AM
What was the web page? Sorey, I am new here:redface:
Www.fragalot.ca:biggrin:

born
11-14-2012, 03:00 AM
It says on the home page scrolled to the bottom under "recent news: New frags have been added." But not sure if thats actually recent or not

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 03:03 AM
It says on the home page scrolled to the bottom under "recent news: New frags have been added." But not sure if thats actually recent or not

That's an old news I am guessing :)

Phil
11-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Hey guys I'm dooing a Edmonton order and I got a email from Burk not long ago saying he's still workin on a site update and was hopeing to have it up by midnight hope that helps yas.

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Hey guys I'm dooing a Edmonton order and I got a email from Burk not long ago saying he's still workin on a site update and was hopeing to have it up by midnight hope that helps yas.

Yap got that update. Thanks for the info :D We all are looking forward to it :)

Phil
11-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Just been updated guys

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Alright folks. Mushroom and LPS are updated. Zoa and SPS will be updated tomorrow. :)

iubond
11-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Hwy huys, how can I place an order?

Littlefishy
11-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Hwy huys, how can I place an order?

Send me your full name, email, what you want with the price per item and total price.

Littlefishy
11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
I will PM a full set of instructions to those interested by noon.

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 03:46 PM
FYI, littlefishy is the host of this order. So she is the boss of this order and she will be responsible for everything including the procedure :D She will clear all the confusions and how to order by noon :)

Littlefishy
11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
FYI, littlefishy is the host of this order. So he is the boss of this order and he will be responsible for everything including the procedure :D He will clear all the confusions and how to order by noon :)

She :)

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
OPS! Sorry :$

Corrected :)

born
11-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Im still waiting for the sps to be updated but if I can get in on those instructions please

iubond
11-14-2012, 05:14 PM
sorry thought it was a reply to PM

Total $120

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
The forum rule doesn't allow to publicize any sort of stock list and price. Please don't post any posts like this. Moderators might block this thread :)

My name is Yuri. email: iubond@gmail.com

molotov
11-14-2012, 05:35 PM
I will PM a full set of instructions to those interested by noon.

Can you please include me in this list as well. Thanks :biggrin:

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Can you please include me in this list as well. Thanks :biggrin:

Welcome aboard Mark. Did you cancel your tours for this order? ;)

Littlefishy
11-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Just PM'd out the instructions...

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Just PM'd out the instructions...

Got it :) Very well placed I must say; experience counts ;

Leach29
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Pm me to please

Littlefishy
11-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Got it :) Very well placed I must say; experience counts ;

Thank you :)

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Pm me to please

Yea jeff get in on this lol:biggrin:

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Looks like the last order wasn't just enough for some of us ;)

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Has Web Page been updated fully..the more I look I can get 300$ spent easy but don't want too add 20 things at once...everyone together..TANK CRASH:biggrin:...might have too slow down on the impulse buys lol:redface:

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Has Web Page been updated fully..the more I look I can get 300$ spent easy but don't want too add 20 things at once...everyone together..TANK CRASH:biggrin:...might have too slow down on the impulse buys lol:redface:

You are more than welcome to add as many thing as you want (its your money after all ;)). But if I see another post of you giving up and trying sell stuffs, you are doomed :twised:

The website is not fully updated yet. Only mushroom + lps have been updated. should be done by tonight I am expecting.

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
You are more than welcome to add as many thing as you want (its your money after all ;)). But if I see another post of you giving up and trying sell stuffs, you are doomed :twised:

The website is not fully updated yet. Only mushroom + lps have been updated. should be done by tonight I am expecting.

LOL well it is my money but I ain't trying too waste it gotta be smart about it..even tho it is a stable healthy system 20 +coral mushrooms and shrimp and snails...that's setting my self up for failure..it probably would crash wouldn't be able too handle a huge bio load all at once right??my logic is correct ??:question:

mrhasan
11-14-2012, 06:44 PM
LOL well it is my money but I ain't trying too waste it gotta be smart about it..even tho it is a stable healthy system 20 +coral mushrooms and shrimp and snails...that's setting my self up for failure..it probably would crash wouldn't be able too handle a huge bio load all at once right??my logic is correct ??:question:

As long as the tank is fully cycled; it should be fine. Then again there's no guarantee ;) But coral don't add much bioload for a system to crash unless you put like 100 corals in a 10 gallon or something.

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 07:23 PM
As long as the tank is fully cycled; it should be fine. Then again there's no guarantee ;) But coral don't add much bioload for a system to crash unless you put like 100 corals in a 10 gallon or something.

OH okay bring on the impulse buys:redface::biggrin:

Littlefishy
11-14-2012, 07:34 PM
I would caution against that. I have been warned to be careful on stocking after a fragalot order from some very experienced reefers. I actually had someone hold half of my order for a week once so I could do it in two stages.

reefwars
11-14-2012, 08:15 PM

no offense but you should probably pay for your tank before going nuts on livestock no??

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 11:26 PM
no offense but you should probably pay for your tank before going nuts on livestock no??

Yes I have already thought of this denny no worries.. This friday we will meet up again with more cash no worries denny

nanoreefnewbie
11-14-2012, 11:30 PM
Should get sump goin too before too much livestock

mrhasan
11-15-2012, 02:42 AM
Zoa page has been updated.

Treebeard
11-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Still waiting here too!!

Yes I have already thought of this denny no worries.. This friday we will meet up again with more cash no worries denny

nanoreefnewbie
11-15-2012, 04:21 AM
Still waiting here too!!

Wow people having a bad day I'll see you tommorrow I've already pm,ed you...

nanoreefnewbie
11-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Still waiting here too!!

Also you have my full clean up crew value is way higher then the 50$ I owed you for a few days..its all good though we will square up tommorrow evening after another 12 hrs work day...:biggrin:
P.s
since you lost motivation too find the rest of my clean up crew no problems keep them for me been late

mrhasan
11-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Also you have my full clean up crew value is way higher then the 50$ I owed you for a few days..its all good though we will square up tommorrow evening after another 12 hrs work day...:biggrin:

PMs please :) People might get confused :razz:

nanoreefnewbie
11-15-2012, 04:35 AM
PMs please :) People might get confused :razz:

THANK YOU...... PERSONAL MESSAGES.........its been on here forever people just HAVE too go public with crap...

Thank for making apoint of pointing that out mrhansen...:lol:

Treebeard
11-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Apparently you also confused my private message with the public message. Take a deep breath dude.

nanoreefnewbie
11-15-2012, 04:46 AM
Apparently you also confused my private message with the public message. Take a deep breath dude.

I'm already very calm very tired...good night reid see you tommorrow:wink:

mrhasan
11-15-2012, 05:27 AM
I hope thats the end. Please no more irrelevant issue :)

Littlefishy
11-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Haha we do all get emailed when someone posts here!

The full site has been updated :) ready and awaiting your orders!

born
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Even the sps has been updated?

Littlefishy
11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes but for instance, it works on my computer but not my phone.

mrhasan
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Clear all the cache. I had the same problem and that solved it. Sometimes, websites acts weird and fetches the outdated infos :P

Funny www

born
11-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Yup that worked thanks.

Littlefishy
11-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Hey I have been having a couple of orders come in, keep em' coming!

mrhasan
11-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Bump! Just in case someone missed this thread :)

Littlefishy
11-21-2012, 01:38 AM
If you do have an order, the sooner you send it to me the better. This way I can confirm your stock now and reserve it for our order. If everyone waits until the cut-off this Saturday you may have some of your items unavailable. PM me

Littlefishy
11-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Order closes Saturday at midnight.

dreef
11-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Sorry to intrude on your thread :) I just recieved an order from Burc today.I was nothing but happy with what me and my good buddy recieved.A total of 21 acroporas,and a few lps 100% alive no doa's.I payed for a double sized frag of an amazing pink milli...it was like a 1/3 of a colony,nothing but good to say.

mrhasan
11-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Sorry to intrude on your thread :) I just recieved an order from Burc today.I was nothing but happy with what me and my good buddy recieved.A total of 21 acroporas,and a few lps 100% alive no doa's.I payed for a double frag of an amazing pink milli...it's like a 1/3 of a colony,nothing but good to say.

Awesome! Thanks for the update :D

mrhasan
11-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Last bump from me before the bell rings :D

reefwars
12-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Well how did the order go?? I imagine good as always lol ;)

SteveConn
12-03-2012, 07:51 AM
SPS sent to me from Burc were usually 60-70% DOA with temps on arrival too cold. LPS were always fine, but not always as advertised

Littlefishy
12-04-2012, 01:33 AM
Just before the rumor mill gets out of control, I will clear things up. There was an issue with our order but I would like to stress that it was EXCLUSIVELY on FedEx's part and not any fault of Burc's. Burc tried his best to fix it when we found out initially, and now he is working very hard to clear up FedEx's mistake.