PDA

View Full Version : Sunbrite F-series LED ... reviews?

jords
11-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Has anyone on here used Sunbrite F-series LED units? They are priced pretty decent, but I have yet to come across multiple REAL reviews. They claim the whole unit (like a 48" one for $1000 or so) is so powerful it can be used for even SPS..... So just wondering what everyone's take is for it? Or should I stick with getting the AI units? I like the neat feature with the Sunbrite F-series to control it wirelessly without buying more stuff for it. And have decided against the Radions due to price/reliability ratio (IMO).

oyf709
11-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Do you know the true spec on the 48" fixture? like how many LEDs etc?
Cuz I know some 216W with CREE XP-G and XP-E with sun rise sun set and is for up to 60" tank. It also gives around 216 PAR at 36" deep and only cost about $680. Is that Wifi that important and worth like extra $300 to you? Of course it also depend on how many LEDs that Sunbrite gives you.

jords
11-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Here's the specs for all the lighting, straight from the website. Not sure about PAR ratings, have yet to find them anywhere. I'll be looking specifically at the 48" fixture for my (hopefully soon) new 120g. I'm an old-school T5HO guy, so LEDs are a little overwhelming for me. haha

http://www.sunbritecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/text.jpg

oyf709
11-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Ya so it is about 20W more than the LED I am looking at but $300.00 more. I am not sure it is worth it even with WIFI. a lot of those are just gimmicks. You never see a T5 or metal halide needed to have WIFI control or computer illustrate the lighting effect etc and yet they have been the main stream lighting option for probly 90% of the population.

badAZZlars
11-12-2012, 12:08 AM
The sunbrite units are great for sps. Ideal for 24" and shallower sps tanks. I was very happy with my unit on my 125 gallon tank. It's currently now on my 30" deep 260 gallon and is a bit weak for that depth so I plan on maybe adding another unit in the future. I'm sure you would be happy with your purchase if you decide to get one.

jords
11-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Ya so it is about 20W more than the LED I am looking at but $300.00 more. I am not sure it is worth it even with WIFI. a lot of those are just gimmicks. You never see a T5 or metal halide needed to have WIFI control or computer illustrate the lighting effect etc and yet they have been the main stream lighting option for probly 90% of the population.

Well that's one of the reasons I want to go LED. Other than wayyyy less power usage and less heat. But I like the idea of being able to make the custom colors, and effects. Doesn't need to be WIFI or smartphone capable or anything, but at least if I can plug a cord/card into the computer and set the timers for it, etc etc right through the unit, instead of running timers and stuff.

But for a price reduction of $300, I bet I could scrap the bells and whistles.