PDA

View Full Version : Queen Angel fish for SPS and/or LPS reef tanks?

Rice Reef
11-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Hi all, saw a very pretty Queen Angel fish at the Lfs today and would like to make it a new addition to my tank. My only concern is if whether this fish will be eating the corals in my tank housing 90% SPS. The other 10% are zoas and palys, a orange hammer, bubble coral, a rainbow symphillia, Duncan coral and a couple blastos. I can part with the LPS and softies but not the SPS so I am hoping other reefers can share their experience (s) with me before spending money.

Thanks,
Wayne

RuGlu6
11-11-2012, 03:38 AM
Most likely it will go for LPS first.

Aquattro
11-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Wayne, I had two. One went for nothing but the clam, the other went for everything but the clam. And a 90 is a bit small for a large angel..

kien
11-11-2012, 05:46 AM
My angel loves zoas! So far she is leaving my clams and LPS alone. She likes to peck at SPS occasionally but she doesn't appear to be destroying any SPS.. So far. I cringe every time I see her nip at one of my pieces tho. :-/

Rice Reef
11-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Wayne, I had two. One went for nothing but the clam, the other went for everything but the clam. And a 90 is a bit small for a large angel..

My angel loves zoas! So far she is leaving my clams and LPS alone. She likes to peck at SPS occasionally but she doesn't appear to be destroying any SPS.. So far. I cringe every time I see her nip at one of my pieces tho. :-/

Sounds like I should avoid her. Really pretty though... I don't usually get all attached to any fish but this one is special. The angel is an adult but small, prob no more than 3 inch in length so I figured that just may be there is a chance I could buy her for the 120. :sad:
Thanks all for your thoughts...

don.ald
11-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Wayne, just setup a new tank!
Problem solved.
R.

Aquattro
11-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Wayne, just setup a new tank!
Problem solved.
R.
He does have the perfect wall for a 8' tank! :)