PDA

View Full Version : Iphone app for tank log

Calgarynewtankguy
11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
has anyone used any of the iPhone apps for their tank logs? I was looking at a few of them and just wanted some input as to which work and which don't?

kien
11-08-2012, 05:01 PM
has anyone used any of the iPhone apps for their tank logs? I was looking at a few of them and just wanted some input as to which work and which don't?

Yes! I use the iPhone 'Notes' app all the time. Have been using it since day one!

lastlight
11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah I use the same app for tracking my params. It also serves as my flashlight when getting to my bed at night without waking the kids - very versatile.

AquaticFinatic
11-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Aquarium I.d is a good one. Oops I guess I should have read it better. This ones for info not logging.

badAZZlars
11-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Aquaplanner is excellent. You can setup alerts for maintenance, track and graph your parameters, and keep track of livestock.

toxic111
11-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Aquaplanner is excellent. You can setup alerts for maintenance, track and graph your parameters, and keep track of livestock.

That is the one I use... love it

MMAX
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Is there anything out there for Android users?

kien
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Is there anything out there for Android users?

Yes, there is the iPhone.

Spyd
11-09-2012, 12:24 PM

LOL. I just started using the Aquaplanner Pro App as well. It seems pretty good. A little tedious to get started but I think it will come in handy with alerts and charts of your perameters.

mseepman
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM

Haha, he probably meant apps for people who want to use a phone however they want to, not how someone else tells them to. :razz:

Aquattro
11-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Haha, he probably meant apps for people who want to use a phone however they want to, not how someone else tells them to. :razz:

Well, ya, of course that's what he meant. :)

Snaz
11-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I use Google Drive with a spreadsheet to keep track of my tank, it is simple and available by any device connected to the Internet.

I used to use an iPhone to hold down the cup on my skimmer but I didn't like how it made the skimmer look cheap. Replaced it with a rock... best upgrade ever!

... Android ftw

daniella3d
11-10-2012, 12:35 AM
geeezzz...I used to do that with an android... it did make my skimmer look cheap.

Now the iphone, much much better, once it is jailbreaked.

back to serious stuff...anything better than aquaplanner? it looks flimsy and since I am used to exquisite interface and beautiful design with the iphone, this app. throw me off.

I use Google Drive with a spreadsheet to keep track of my tank, it is simple and available by any device connected to the Internet.

I used to use an iPhone to hold down the cup on my skimmer but I didn't like how it made the skimmer look cheap. Replaced it with a rock... best upgrade ever!

... Android ftw

daplatapus
11-10-2012, 03:35 AM
For android I use "My aquarium logger". Does a decent job, can have multiple tanks, pics of livestock, enter parameters and graph them. Pretty decent app

Calgarynewtankguy
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
I laugh at the direction this thread went :)

I am going to try out AquaPlanner for now and see how it works out

ElGuappo
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I used to use an iPhone to hold down the cup on my skimmer but I didn't like how it made the skimmer look cheap. Replaced it with a rock... best upgrade ever.

Love it.
Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Seriak
11-12-2012, 09:11 PM

You do know it's made by Apple right?

Medic5125
11-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I have used a number of diffrent apps, i really like ReefTankPro for ipad or iphone, it works for beginners and "tanknuts", well worth the money..