PDA

View Full Version : Wtb phosphate reactor...

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Am in need of a phosphate reactor for a 75 gallon cube asap plz
Pm me a price and a pic if possible
Also plz keep local within calgary area

jords
11-08-2012, 02:52 AM
JL Aquatics has the TLF phosphate reactor on sale right now. Here's a link to the whole package (which includes all the tubing and pump, media, etc)

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/tf-reactor2/Two+Little+Fishies+Phosban+Reactor+150+Package.htm l

I bought one of these, works amazing. And it's at a great price. I know you wanted cheap and local, but they would only take a couple days to get out to you. And if you order over $100, they'll do free shipping too.

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 04:57 AM
JL Aquatics has the TLF phosphate reactor on sale right now. Here's a link to the whole package (which includes all the tubing and pump, media, etc)

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/tf-reactor2/Two+Little+Fishies+Phosban+Reactor+150+Package.htm l

I bought one of these, works amazing. And it's at a great price. I know you wanted cheap and local, but they would only take a couple days to get out to you. And if you order over $100, they'll do free shipping too.

Wow that is cheap hey good too know not hard too spend a other 30$ either:biggrin:

jords
11-08-2012, 12:42 PM
In this hobby, definitely not. I finally picked up my frag tools while I was at it! :biggrin:

Ginu
11-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I am also running the same reactor from J&L and it does a good job

So +1 to the TLF reactor package form J&L

Nano
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Keep your eyes peeled, I recently picked up 2 used for $10 each

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Wow 10$ is a killer price I have been looking now for quiet some time I'm at the point of buying new its cheaper then used who would have thought lol

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 02:23 PM
In this hobby, definitely not. I finally picked up my frag tools while I was at it! :biggrin:
:biggrin: that's funny cause that's what I was gunna pick up come coral glue and disks lol

jords
11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
IMO, JL offers great deals. However, that may be a little biased for me - all we have is 1 saltwater fish/supply store here, and although they don't price things that stupid, the selection isn't really that broad, unless they special order it for you, which then is cheaper to find it elsewhere online.

As for the TLF reactor -- it also works amazing with carbon! So once you get the phosphates down with it, and learn to control them with reduced feeding, etc, maybe look into putting carbon in it? I was contemplating buying the "pro" package so I had one for each, but I just don't have that space on my current tank. However, anyone know if there'd be a problem putting both phosphate remover AND carbon in the same reactor?

reefwars
11-08-2012, 03:15 PM
imo carbon is useless unless you have a highly stocked softie tank with lots of leathers, or a sps dominant tank loaded with sps to close together.

i would run gfo always and forget about carbon, nutrient export is more important of the two.

jords
11-08-2012, 03:20 PM
imo carbon is useless unless you have a highly stocked softie tank with lots of leathers, or a sps dominant tank loaded with sps to close together.

i would run gfo always and forget about carbon, nutrient export is more important of the two.

+1 to that! I have always been told that carbon is vital ... but thinking about that, I'm pretty sure those people only had SPS in their tanks. I got 1 pink finger leather, and that's it for SPS at this point. Guess I won't bother with carbon then! :razz:

reefwars
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
+1 to that! I have always been told that carbon is vital ... but thinking about that, I'm pretty sure those people only had SPS in their tanks. I got 1 pink finger leather, and that's it for SPS at this point. Guess I won't bother with carbon then! :razz:

make your own choices based on what you keep , the finger leather is a softie and not a sps , sps are hard corals with small polyps.

carbon is right for some people and not needed for others.

yes both carbon and gfo can be ran together but gfo tumbles slowly so carbon would be more effective by its self on its on flow.

jords
11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Hmm. Good to know! Thanks! I'm new to the world of corals still. hehe

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Hmm. Good to know! Thanks! I'm new to the world of corals still. hehe

Jus ask reefwars anything he is a great guy very knowledgeable :biggrin: how's helped me a ton...
by the way this one is for you denny we need too meet up at concept so I center get some plumbing parts..still intreasted in coming out and helping with the sump lol??

Ginu
11-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I was actually wondering myself the same question in regards to running both Phosban and Carbon in the same reactor and emailed TLF and they replied with this:

"
To: Cristian Albu <longin.albu@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2012 12:41:01 PM
Subject: Re: PhosBan 150

Dear Christian,

For a 34 gallon tank you only need one reactor, not two.

You can mix the carbon and PhosBan in the same reactor. We recommend our HydroCarbon2 for this purpose because it does not leach any phosphate.

Your proposed pump arrangement is not good. This is best done with the reactor hanging on the back. If you tried it the way you proposed it would be difficult to service the reactor and you would have a high probability of a leak. I believe you can fit the reactor in the chamber where the denitrator is optionally located. I don't know whether the back area cover can accommodate the reactor fittings however.

Sincerely,

Tech Support
"

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the reactor reefwars...and the info I was woundering too next time I see you we will discuss more...ur at shop friday for me too get reactor:wink:

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Oh p.s no worries on taking over thread with valuable information and got reactor out of it it too double bonus lol:biggrin:

jords
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh p.s no worries on taking over thread with valuable information and got reactor out of it it too double bonus lol:biggrin:

WIN! :biggrin:

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 10:16 PM
WIN! :biggrin:

:biggrin: huge win lol

MMAX
11-08-2012, 11:10 PM
Couldn't pass up J&L's deal on these. Got a pro package headed my way.

nanoreefnewbie
11-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Couldn't pass up J&L's deal on these. Got a pro package headed my way.

LOL It's a Awsome deal don't blame you