PDA

View Full Version : i am a killer! lol

littleboyblue16
04-24-2004, 05:25 AM
yeah i am a killer, i was looking at my tank one night in the dark and seen this crap, and i took a big pointy fork and kill him oopsie! haha i got worried becuase you never know what those damn things can do! it was a nice red too! lol i should of put him in a jar lol

anyways, i set my tank up in winter and now i knoticed that now sun hit the tank -smacks forhead- and now i am getting massave RED algea like really bad i can like take it and peel it off perfectly lol, nasty, i have turbo snails but those guys cant keep up! any fish i could get to help, i was thinking a tang, but i only got a 20gal remember! lol so yeah horrable!

thanks for any help

Matt

StirCrazy
04-24-2004, 07:11 AM
, i was looking at my tank one night in the dark and seen this crap, and i took a big pointy fork and kill him oopsie! haha i got worried becuase you never know what those damn things can do! it was a nice red too! lol i should of put him in a jar lol

Matt

:eek: most people just flush Crap! :mrgreen:

Steve

ruck'n'reefer
04-24-2004, 03:11 PM
:rofl: That was funny Steve!!! I try not to get any in the tank in the first place. And I sure wouldn't stick a fork in it!!

Beverly
04-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Matt,

Sounds like you've got a bad case of cyanobacteria :eek:

There are several things that will help get rid of it, the most basic of which is more frequent maintenance.

WWM has a whole bunch of articles on basic marine maintenance:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/maintenance/index.htm

HTH :smile:

Reef_kid
04-24-2004, 07:16 PM
i had a horrible case of cyano bacteria and i was scared to treat my tank with any meds. so i did some research on the chemicals out there that attack cyano bacteria.. i found that the best that i tryed was the
poly-ox red slime remover was the most effective on the tank.
it was gone is about 2 weeks you just have to be patiant!!!
it dose make nitrates go up a bit because of die off of the bacteria but run your protien skimmer and do water changes and it willl be fine
i have been free of cyano for about 8 months :biggrin:
hope it works out for you
cheers
dave

littleboyblue16
04-25-2004, 02:20 AM
thanks everyone for the help,
you know killing that crab with a fork was very fun really, good stress releaver!

One_Divided
04-25-2004, 02:58 AM
DUDE, READ YOUR POSTS OVER BEFORE SUBMITING THEM! hahahah :lol:

littleboyblue16
04-26-2004, 02:14 AM
meh i can type the way i want to, and if i type to fast, so what!