PDA

View Full Version : Ecotech radion rebate... But only for US owners?

Rice Reef
11-03-2012, 05:30 AM
For all Radion owners... I have found this on the Ecotech website and they are offering a rebate to all radion owners a rebate of $75 for each light.

http://ecotechmarine.com/radion-xr30w-g2-launch-rebate/

The catch... You have to have your receipt... and only for the US...

Does anyone know if there are any similar offers for Radion owners in Canada?
Hope the Canadian Radion Distributors can shed some light on this...

Borderjumper
11-03-2012, 06:06 AM
It's only for lights purchased in the month of October 2012.:twised:

Rice Reef
11-03-2012, 06:15 AM
It's only for lights purchased in the month of October 2012.:twised:

You're right! Darn!:sad:

windcoast reefs
11-03-2012, 06:30 AM
It always seems that the best deals are just over the border! To bad it didn't apply in Canada!

HaZRaTTy
11-03-2012, 07:32 AM
Seen a post earlier from -subman- mentioning that he was selling his radions, due to vegas, then changing to selling his vegas and keeping his radions due to them dropping the MSRP on the Radions.

I'm thinking it was quite a price drop as well just judging from his statment in prices. They might have dropped them to be equal or close to the vegas??

Stones
11-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I had just read yesterday the MSRP for the gen1 Radion is now going to be $599 and the gen2 Radion will be $649 in the US. Not sure how much different the prices will north of the border.

subman
11-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Micheal from aqua digital had a thread saying that a couple days ago but now I can't find it

Borderjumper
11-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I had just read yesterday the MSRP for the gen1 Radion is now going to be $599 and the gen2 Radion will be $649 in the US. Not sure how much different the prices will north of the border.

This really does not impress me at all.. Basically devalues the lights we paid in excess of 749.00 by $200.

mark
11-03-2012, 07:28 PM
This really does not impress me at all.. Basically devalues the lights we paid in excess of 749.00 by $200.

going to make a difference to what to expect in the Buy&Sell section

subman
11-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I took mine off sale because of it

intarsiabox
11-03-2012, 08:37 PM

Stores in the US have already lowered their prices to the new MSRP, looks like Canadian stores are still trying to hang onto the old prices so far. Should be dropping soon I would think.

Rice Reef
11-03-2012, 08:53 PM
For anyone planning to buy a gen 1 Radion in Canada you may as well hold onto your money and wait for the Gen2. I have just received an email from E otech and the rebate is only for US owners and no rebate for Canadian Radion owners...

Rice Reef
11-03-2012, 09:03 PM

going to make a difference to what to expect in the Buy&Sell section

My concern is if I do upgrade to the gen2 I will have to pay an additional $130 for each light... Great deal if you are planning to buy now... For an additional $50 you get the gen 2 Radion and would still be at least $150 + cheaper than when I bought mine a yr ago. If I do upgrade to gen2 it would cost be overall $300 dollars more for each light when comparing to buying a gen2 now. Hope they will consider giving existing owners a break on the upgrade...

Borderjumper
11-03-2012, 09:14 PM
My concern is if I do upgrade to the gen2 I will have to pay an additional $130 for each light... Great deal if you are planning to buy now... For an additional $50 you get the gen 2 Radion and would still be at least $150 + cheaper than when I bought mine a yr ago. If I do upgrade to gen2 it would cost be overall $300 dollars more for each light when comparing to buying a gen2 now. Hope they will consider giving existing owners a break on the upgrade...

If you do upgrade I will buy your old ones.. Hmm $599 new.. Used would be worth about $300.. Shltty:sad:

Rice Reef
11-03-2012, 09:19 PM
If you do upgrade I will buy your old ones.. Hmm $599 new.. Used would be worth about $300.. Shltty:sad:

Hahaha! Guess that is what it will sell for on the used equipment forum... One can sell a used mp40 for more than a used Radion... :lol:

Fortunately, to upgrade there will be a kit which will cost $130 for each light so I won't need to sell my existing lights.

Good time for Brad to change his Sols to Radions...

Proteus
11-03-2012, 09:33 PM
My understanding is that you send in your gen 1 they send you a gen 2. This is what I read on reef builders. Since the light is identical other than diodes themselves they want to salvage all the gen 1. Plus it stops people from sevicing the units themselves. If you have the tir upgrade its $130 upgrade and $150 without already having lenses

Rice Reef
11-03-2012, 09:40 PM
My understanding is that you send in your gen 1 they send you a gen 2. This is what I read on reef builders. Since the light is identical other than diodes themselves they want to salvage all the gen 1. Plus it stops people from sevicing the units themselves. If you have the tir upgrade its $130 upgrade and $150 without already having lenses

Well that is a pooper... While we send the light in to the cdn distributor, in turn sending it to Ecotech corals will suffer and would have died by the time the lights are returned....:neutral:

Proteus
11-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Well that is a pooper... While we send the light in to the cdn distributor, in turn sending it to Ecotech corals will suffer and would have died by the time the lights are returned....:neutral:

Yeah it would make more sense just to be able to take it to store and trade the light hand in hand.

Rice Reef
11-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah it would make more sense just to be able to take it to store and trade the light hand in hand.

FYI email from Jon at Ecotech...

EMPLOYEE

Jon C. (Official Rep) 3 hours ago
Hi Wayne,

At this time, the rebate incentive is available for customers in the USA only.

Upgrades to the G2/Pro will be available in the future via your local distributor.

Borderjumper
11-04-2012, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=Rice Reef;760673]FYI email from Jon at Ecotech...

EMPLOYEE

Jon C. (Official Rep) 3 hours ago
Hi Wayne,

At this time, the rebate incentive is available for customers in the USA only.

Upgrades to the G2/Pro will be available in the future via your local distributor.[/

Hmmmm wonder if our local LFS'S are considered our local distributor?

Jakegr
11-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Looks like Kessil has also dropped the price of their A150 to $225.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
This pricing change was expected wasn't it? This is what happens with almost every new high tech product - i.e. Apple iPhones.

First adopters get bleeped to be first adopters, and as soon as there is more competition at lower prices and new versions coming out, those early versions drop precipitously in price/value. With all the new LED lights coming on the market, this is happening faster and more dramatically than with most products in the past, but this is one of the disadvantageous of being a first adopter, n'est pa?

Probably a good idea NOT to look at the new pricing schemes and simply enjoy your Radions. They are still as good as they were when you made the initial purchase decision. There will always be newer versions out for every high tech toy, so its a no-win situation to think too deeply about how much you paid back in the day versus how much the new versions are going for now and what new features it has. Enjoy your existing Radions & Kessils that you bought in the last year or so and don't stress too much about the new pricing policies. Not too much you can do about it anyways, so sit back and enjoy what you have. They're still awesome lights and a major upgrade from what you had previously.

Just my $.02.

Anthony

Coralgurl
11-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I agree 100% with the above post. I guess I thought the connectivity of the gen 1 was being upgraded and it would be a simple update. I guess that is what irritates me, they are upgradable but not to the extent I thought.

I'm not trading or selling mine, they work fine....albeit a few user issues :lol: and I'm seeing good growth.

Rice Reef
11-04-2012, 05:07 PM
This pricing change was expected wasn't it? This is what happens with almost every new high tech product - i.e. Apple iPhones.

First adopters get bleeped to be first adopters, and as soon as there is more competition at lower prices and new versions coming out, those early versions drop precipitously in price/value. With all the new LED lights coming on the market, this is happening faster and more dramatically than with most products in the past, but this is one of the disadvantageous of being a first adopter, n'est pa?

Probably a good idea NOT to look at the new pricing schemes and simply enjoy your Radions. They are still as good as they were when you made the initial purchase decision. There will always be newer versions out for every high tech toy, so its a no-win situation to think too deeply about how much you paid back in the day versus how much the new versions are going for now and what new features it has. Enjoy your existing Radions & Kessils that you bought in the last year or so and don't stress too much about the new pricing policies. Not too much you can do about it anyways, so sit back and enjoy what you have. They're still awesome lights and a major upgrade from what you had previously.

Just my $.02.

Anthony

Touché. I totally agree and it is a lesson to all that had purchased a radion or any equipment for all that matters. I glad I have no intention of selling or trading mine but it still burns me that in order to upgrade I will end up eventually paying another $130+ which makes the difference of about 35%+.
You win some and then you lose some... for me it means that I will have to be more patience when comes to buying any future equipment at any LFS. I'm glad that I am not selling and if I plan to upgrade my tank at least I can get used Radions at fire sale prices. So it is not that bad after all.

Will be listening to how Ecotech and the Cdn distributor will be handling the upgrade requests on the lights.