PDA

View Full Version : South Island frag swap / BBQ Sun December 2

KevinK
11-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I think it is about 2 years now that I did the frag swap with BBQ at our old house.

recalling the coments, everyone had fun, lots of frags and lots of things to eat.

so we want to do it over (exept I dont have manny frags myselve this year, as our new tank is fairly empty) -- needs to get som frags

so I call on all fraggers to show up and bring what you have.

as last time, I will have buns, hot dogs and some little things to put on the bbq, and kind of pot lock, bring your own stuff as well to put on.

rain or sun, the bbq is under a big canopy, so that cant hold us back to put it on.

I do have to check with Karina what day, but had in mind around the 24/25th

I will later put on a map with directions and so, but at least lets get this started

ohh, and I will have to put a wish list up for stuff I'm locking for in m tank.

kevin

FragIt Dan
11-03-2012, 05:10 AM
I was just thinking of this yesterday!!! Great timing :). I'm in, and have some nice stuff that has been growing away for the last few months. Can't wait to see how my frags are doing in your tank!

Dan

windcoast reefs
11-03-2012, 06:39 AM
I might be in to, depend on the day and what I have going on.

KevinK
11-03-2012, 03:09 PM
I was just thinking of this yesterday!!! Great timing :). I'm in, and have some nice stuff that has been growing away for the last few months. Can't wait to see how my frags are doing in your tank!

Dan
Frags ar doing ok, thy ar nice grown onto the rock, but up into the tank still has to happen.

Still have lots of space!

KevinK
11-03-2012, 03:16 PM
I might be in to, depend on the day and what I have going on.

In com. With karina, Sunday the 2th December would work best for us, as she has a flex day on Monday.

Time wise, it douse not matter to us, but may be one of the following

1) from 1 to 3 /4 pm
2) from 3 to 5/6 pm

Don't forget to bring something to toss on the BBQ !!!!!!!!

Duker
11-03-2012, 07:54 PM

Dan Sweet DAn, i hope you can bring one og those frags in your avator, the one i got from u at Brads frag swap in the spring fell off the place i glued it and went MIA.
Cheers Ronnie

Duker
11-03-2012, 07:57 PM
In com. With karina, Sunday the 2th December would work best for us, as she has a flex day on Monday.

Time wise, it douse not matter to us, but may be one of the following

1) from 1 to 3 /4 pm
2) from 3 to 5/6 pm

Don't forget to bring something to toss on the BBQ !!!!!!!!

Hey Kevin, what part of town do you live? I work till 4:30, but i will totally come by after. I will bring frags too if your house is by my house (then i can grab my frags from my house on the way to ur house). if not i will bring $$$.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Cheers Ronnie

KevinK
11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Hey Kevin, what part of town do you live? I work till 4:30, but i will totally come by after. I will bring frags too if your house is by my house (then i can grab my frags from my house on the way to ur house). if not i will bring $$$.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Cheers Ronnie

we live now in shawnigan lake, on the east side (side of the highway) so not to far out.

I will put up a road print out later on.

with you after 4:30, shal we make the swap from 4 to 6 ?,
ore gust from 3 to 5, and you gust pop in a bit late

Duker
11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
we live now in shawnigan lake, on the east side (side of the highway) so not to far out.

I will put up a road print out later on.

with you after 4:30, shal we make the swap from 4 to 6 ?,
ore gust from 3 to 5, and you gust pop in a bit late

By all means do not schedule it around me, 3-5 probably would suit everyone else better, i can just come late. But thanks.
Cheers Ronnie

FragIt Dan
11-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Sure thing Ronnie, I will post some pics of a few frags over the next little while to take requests. I have your name on one of the ones from my avatar though :).

Sweet DAn, i hope you can bring one og those frags in your avator, the one i got from u at Brads frag swap in the spring fell off the place i glued it and went MIA.
Cheers Ronnie

Dan

Duker
11-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks Dan, sure hope more people can make it. Have u spoken to christy about it? Will she be car pooling down with u?

FragIt Dan
11-11-2012, 05:35 PM
I haven't spoken to her yet, I will be chatting with a few people about it so there might be a couple of car loads :). Hopefully bring some new people into the CanReef crowd!

Dan

KevinK
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
The more, the better I would say

christyf5
11-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Sorry guys, I'll be missing this one :neutral:

FragIt Dan
11-13-2012, 05:56 AM

:( too bad, that'll be two in a row you miss... maybe you'll have to host the next one to make it up ;)

Duker
11-16-2012, 07:00 PM

Awww to bad, u will be missed thats for sure!:lol:

Aquattro
11-16-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm out too, out of town.

FragIt Dan
11-17-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm out too, out of town.

We'll miss you too Brad ;). C'mon guys, I think Brad was feeling a little left out...

Aquattro
11-17-2012, 03:18 AM
I'll be over raiding, er, viewing Rich's tank, I'll survive :)

FragIt Dan
11-17-2012, 03:28 AM

Done that myself so you won't get any more sympathy from me :)! I have a pretty sweet red dragon from Rich that is getting some great red and green contrast in it. I am on his wait list for that Setosa of his too. Enjoy the candy in his frag tank,

Rice Reef
11-17-2012, 08:21 AM

Brad, when r u heading over?

Aquattro
11-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Brad, when r u heading over?

Going over Friday night, visiting Rich and then heading to Abbottsford for racing Saturday..
Probably not in a position to grab anything, but I can put my name on stuff for next time :)

Duker
11-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Nice...take some video, i'd love to see his tank one day. I am sending you good frag finding vibes!!! Have fun, but yes of course we will miss you Brad.

Duker
11-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice...take some video, i'd love to see his tank one day. I am sending you good frag finding vibes!!! Have fun, but yes of course we will miss you Brad.

You hitting oceanic corals as well??????

Aquattro
11-18-2012, 12:03 AM
You hitting oceanic corals as well??????

No, I won't have time, it's more a dog weekend than frags. Not sure I'll grab anything while I'm there, have to see how time works out.

Duker
11-18-2012, 07:31 PM
No, I won't have time, it's more a dog weekend than frags. Not sure I'll grab anything while I'm there, have to see how time works out.

Good luck with the fly ball!! R

KevinK
11-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Gust a bump up.

Whom is coming ?

I will have burgers and hot dogs, if you want something Ellis from the BBQ, you have to bring it, and we can toss it on.

Address is : 2569 Lavinia rd, shawnigan lake, you can find it on google
# 250 220 0239

Rice Reef
11-29-2012, 04:41 AM
Gust a bump up.

Whom is coming ?

I will have burgers and hot dogs, if you want something Ellis from the BBQ, you have to bring it, and we can toss it on.

Address is : 2569 Lavinia rd, shawnigan lake, you can find it on google
# 250 220 0239

Hi Kevin, too bad I will be missing this one. Enjoy the BBQ, everyone and have a great time!

Nasoblond
11-30-2012, 06:27 AM
Hi Kevin...is your frag swap still on this Sunday Dec 2nd? I am going to be up in Duncan and may come over if I get time on my way back to Victoria....
Thanks
Claudio

KevinK
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Hi Kevin...is your frag swap still on this Sunday Dec 2nd? I am going to be up in Duncan and may come over if I get time on my way back to Victoria....
Thanks
Claudio

Hi Claudio,

So far it is still on, I mean my door is always open, but so far, not manny can attend, and it seems that only 2 ar coming.

As not many ar coming (compared to last time when we had a packed full house) we ar debating what to do.

Or little one wants to put the x- mass tree up, and I have lots to do.

I'm not going to specially shop to get food in, as mentioned, I have burgers and hot dogs.

Not blaming anyone, but it is to bad that we can not fill up the house, and only 2 ar coming, I can also not move it a week, because than others might not be able to come

Duker
11-30-2012, 05:42 PM
so whats the final decsion?? It is christams season and there is always lots to do, r u still going to have it? I agree, tho if only 2 of us are planning to come, maybe sometime in the new year is better??? And then we will all have our christmas money to spend too ;0)
Cheers Ronnie

KevinK
11-30-2012, 06:20 PM
so whats the final decsion?? It is christams season and there is always lots to do, r u still going to have it? I agree, tho if only 2 of us are planning to come, maybe sometime in the new year is better??? And then we will all have our christmas money to spend too ;0)
Cheers Ronnie

lets wayt untill tonight, if by saturday no more than 5 commit to come, than it might be better to move it untill Januarry.

this douse not mean the door is closed, it is alway open, but to expect lots of frags, when only 2 are comming, is a bit to much to expect.

so if by saturday morning 11 AM there ar less than 5 comitting to com, than I sugest to skip the frag swap part, and if somone still wants to come for a burger and a dring, than that is ok and you are more than welcome to.

Duker
12-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Well Kevin, i guess there haven't been any more people commit so i will pass as well; think i will go christmas shopping with everyone else too! But i'm in for the next one for sure! Thanks and in the new year the timing will be better.
Cheers Ronnie

Nasoblond
12-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi Kevin,

I was only going to stop in if my time permits leaving Duncan. So I did not want to say yes for sure...but I will come over in the new year if you decide to move it to the new year......Cheers...Claudio

KevinK
12-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Ok, as it seems that everyone has sumething up, I herewith pospone the frag swap until later ( January) perhaps.

The door is still open tomorrow, but gust don't expect to much frags, as it seems no one has time.

To bad for now, but at leas I offered the open house stile frag swap.

Kevin

FragIt Dan
12-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Hey Kevin,
Thanks for trying to put this together! I haven't been on Canreef the last couple of days or I would have confirmed with you. I will still be up for a visit in January... just means my frags will be that much bigger for everyone :). Thanks again and I'll stay tuned for more info,
Dan