PDA

View Full Version : Coral snow

windcoast reefs
11-01-2012, 10:45 PM
So I've just picked up some coral snow by korallen-zucht. I was really hesitant at trying any of the zeo system. But what a surprise! I dosed early yesterday and did another dose today, and it really dies make a huge difference. The tank was much clearer, and the corals looked really good! Anyways just thought I would share!

I'm thinking of maybe trying a few more of there products, any suggestions on what to start with?

riceboy
11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
coral vitalizer and pohls xtra,

thats all i use with coral snow

windcoast reefs
11-01-2012, 10:50 PM
coral vitalizer and pohls xtra,

thats all i use with coral snow

Good to know! Those were the 2 that I figured I would use.

christyf5
11-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Good to know! Those were the 2 that I figured I would use.

yep those are the same I used. Coral snow is pretty awesome, I wish someone carried it locally here.

riceboy
11-01-2012, 11:09 PM
yep those are the same I used. Coral snow is pretty awesome, I wish someone carried it locally here.

Concept delivers and u can get a giant bottle lol

windcoast reefs
11-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Concept delivers and u can get a giant bottle lol

I was gonna say online you can get some pretty good prices with shipping! But I'm lucky that one of the LFS always has the same prices as j and l.

christyf5
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I was gonna say online you can get some pretty good prices with shipping! But I'm lucky that one of the LFS always has the same prices as j and l.

which one is that?

Reef Supplies
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
It's a great product! It truly helps with the house cleaning, sort of like turbo charging your skimmer.

I would not dose it daily unless you're combining it with ZeoBak to fight cyano. We dose it 2 - 3 times per week.

Ray

windcoast reefs
11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
It's a great product! It truly helps with the house cleaning, sort of like turbo charging your skimmer.

I would not dose it daily unless you're combining it with ZeoBak to fight cyano. We dose it 2 - 3 times per week.

Ray

Why not daily?

Reef Supplies
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Just a suggestion, it's worked for us and I believe that none of their products should be dosed daily. ZeoVit is one of those things that everyone has different regimens for their tanks. Too much of a good thing is not good.

We run our shop tank (and my home tank) 100% Zeovit and nothing is dosed daily. Everything gets alternated. We dose Zeovit daily but nothing back to back, most products get does 3 x per week.

The only products that almost all Zeo users use are Zeolites (reactor), Zeostart, ZeoBak and ZeoFood7, these are used for the reduction of nutrients. Most everything else in their line is designed to tweak coloration and growth, so you can "fine-tune" your colors.

Here is a great guide that will help you get started http://www.korallen-zucht.de/files/zeoguide_english_1_03.pdf

Ray

windcoast reefs
11-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the info! Dosing that much everyday seemed like allot to me!

blacknife
11-02-2012, 12:52 AM
The zeo forums don't usually recommend zeo food 7 either as its not used till you are at Ulns and then you end up using other food sources. The staff there are always quick to answer questions, even if they have been asked a million times before. I run just the basics. Reactor, twice daily start and twice weekly b AK. I have some of the other products but have had a few mishaps this summer that keep the nutrients up. Basically if the tank still grows problem algae don't add more fuel to the fire.