PDA

View Full Version : Apex controller question

windcoast reefs
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Hey I noticed that apex came out with the apex jr, it looks very similar to the neptune energy bar 4 or 8. Now my question, can the apex energy bar 8 be used as a stand alone controller through a Ethernet port? Now my other question, does the energy bar 8 have a built in ethernet port like the apex jr? Or am I reading things wrong online?

Aquattro
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Reading wrong. The power bar is just an extension of the controller, it is controlled by it, whether the full or Jr.

windcoast reefs
10-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Good to know! Thanks for the clarification!

Aquattro
10-30-2012, 11:07 PM
When looking at the Jr. vs Lite vs. Full, be aware of what you plan to run, now and in the future.

windcoast reefs
10-30-2012, 11:13 PM
When looking at the Jr. vs Lite vs. Full, be aware of what you plan to run, now and in the future.

Yeah I figure I'll end up with the lite system, it looks like its has quite a bit of functionality.

Aquattro
10-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah I figure I'll end up with the lite system, it looks like its has quite a bit of functionality.

Ya, it's a reasonable system, I think it just doesn't do pH? I think Neptune has a table to compare them on their site.

windcoast reefs
10-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Ya, it's a reasonable system, I think it just doesn't do pH? I think Neptune has a table to compare them on their site.

Yeah I think your right, I've got a ph controller, so it may not be nessecary.

daplatapus
10-30-2012, 11:25 PM
The difference between the Lite and full is Orp and variable ports. Variable ports can be added to the Lite with the VDM module