PDA

View Full Version : Ai Vega's in my new cabinet

steevesftw
10-30-2012, 05:31 AM
Hello just wanted to post some pics of my ai vega's in my new cabinet. Installed three vega's on a 72x24x18 tank. I used the Ai ext rails two 12 inch and hung them with the hanging kit. They have only been on for two days so i dont really have much to say about them. But i will say that my lps really likes them. Im running them in coral acclimation mode at 50%.

Mike-fish
10-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Looks like a nice setup. How do you like having by the looks of it front access only or does the top of it open up as well. Im currently building a stand and canopy for my 270g

steevesftw
10-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Thanks Mike. Yes it is only accessible from the front, I really don't mind it at all. To tell you the truth I originally planned on doing a double piano hinge so I could open the top as well but was worried about clearance from the ceiling. All I need to do now is finish the bottom but ill probably wait tell spring/summer as the girlfriend didn't like the smell of stain and urethane in the house lol. What kind of wood you thinking of going with? I used 1/2 inch oak. When and if I ever do it again I would definitely go with 3/4 the half is just a little to flimsy.

martinmcnally
10-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Looks awesome Steve. Just one thing you might want to have some air venting in and out of that hood somehow like a fan on the top or something, otherwise it might get a little toasty in there.

Mike-fish
10-30-2012, 07:55 PM
I am planing 3/4 oak ply. With an opening front and top as the tank is 36" wide.

steevesftw
10-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks martin, fans are going in tonight :) 3/4 is the way to go Mike. What lights you going to be running?

Mike-fish
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Currently the plan is my old school 400w mhs unless my radion has proven its self by the time I bring this beast in then the plan would be 2 or 3 radions