PDA

View Full Version : Bad,Bad fish

Coralgurl
10-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Did some cleaning in the tank today, scrapped all the algae off the glass and wow, does it look good. While I'm doing this, my daughter says, oh, the sailfin was nipping at your brain coral earlier today. Nah, couldn't be, but sure enough, I watched him and he's going to town on it. I really didn't want to move the brain to the other tank as the 180 doesn't have a lot for corals and this one was doing awesome. But he won't stop, so rearranged things in the 55 and moved the coral over. Bad bad bad fish :twised:. Does this mean I'm going to have problems with him going forward??

reefwars
10-28-2012, 11:47 PM
what no way , he was such a good guy in my tank:(

Coralgurl
10-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Not kidding! I saw him do it, then had to go out, came back and he was relentless. He's eating lots when I feed (daily) and just dropped a nori sheet in yesterday so I don't think it's because hes hungry. I have other lps so will just keep an eye on him.

reefwars
10-28-2012, 11:51 PM
that sucks,what a bad fish lol

return policy from the seller???? lol

Coralgurl
10-28-2012, 11:53 PM
The brain had moved itself to the corner of the tank so I had to move it to clean the glass. It was really puffed up but it does that so wasn't concerned. It's now all retracted, hoping the damage is minimal.

Coralgurl
10-28-2012, 11:55 PM
that sucks,what a bad fish lol

return policy from the seller???? lol

I'll see how he behaves, if he needs to go, I'll let you know. He's great with all the other fish, had my hippo tang in a pout for a few days, but is all good now! Didn't think they were coral nippers tho:cry:

marie
10-29-2012, 12:07 AM
My yellow tang took a liking to my brain coral......I had no idea it was the tang until it was too late to save the coral