PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever order from j and l?

Fish R Friends , Not Food
10-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Looking to order a carnation coral from the online store but worried it will die on the trip , how has everyones orders turned out?

badass69
10-29-2012, 12:24 AM
We have ordered from J&L in the past and had no issues...we live in Alberta. We also fly coral in from Toronto to Edmonton (4-5 hour flight) quite frequently and have never had any issues. They pack Coral to live outside of the tank for 24-48 hours so I think you will be fine.

Mike-fish
10-29-2012, 12:27 AM
I have brought stuff in from them with no issues they shipped my stuff out on a westjet flight and I picked it up from the air port worked great

10-29-2012, 12:28 AM
At the moment I Only know local stores and j&l , any other online stores that ship to Alberta?

Mike-fish
10-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Coral master is based in calgary and is a sponsor on here I haven't done any business with him yet I know he ships. There's also frag a lot that ships here so like him some don't.

subman
10-29-2012, 03:56 AM
where in Alberta are you?
check with Ken at Blue world in Edmonton as well he will get whatever you want and ship it to you as well.

Northernseacorals
10-29-2012, 04:15 AM
J&L very good to deal with; fabulous live animal packaging.

Word to the wise :wink: Dendronephthya ( Carnation Coral ) has a super high mortality rate in captivity

They are super beautiful; however rarely survive a long time.

10-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I know ken I haven't asked but do you think he woul be able to order stuff in special? I knOw he did that on deadest but like anyother day do you think he would?

10-29-2012, 09:28 PM
And yes I'm aware :/ I would order a few other things too but I still don't know I'd il add the carnation to the shipment

subman
10-30-2012, 01:33 AM
You tell Ken what Your looking for he will do his best to get it for you.

hydrofire
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
J&L are good, cheap, and make your order over $100 and its free shipping. I like shopping from my house, dont have to deal with sales people, and its to your door!

craigwmiller
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM
I've ordered several times from J&L. (just this week in fact, ordered Monday afternoon, arrived Wednesday morning)

I would (and will) order from them again.

BowedFloor
08-26-2013, 11:22 PM
I've ordered 3 times from J&L. Always super happy with them.

Most recently UPS decided to drop my package from what had to be a considerable height. Blew out the side of the cardboard box, broke the styrofoam container that held my frozen fish food, and popped the safety seals on my pellet food. (Personally I hate UPS and think they are the worst shipping company ever)

Anyway, the mysis side of my frozen food was a complete loss. The foil seperated from the plastic, and it was all lost.

I contacted J&L and after a couple pictures, they offered me either a full refund on the lost product, or free replacement on the same day as the incident.

Can't complain about that. They always get my orders out quickly, and are very easy to work with.

Will definitely buy from J&L again.