PDA

View Full Version : Lockrookies ID thread

lockrookie
10-28-2012, 03:19 AM
I have a few corals that I do not know the names of/ type just got them cause well just cause so every once in awhile I hope to post a pic here in hopes I can get an ID and actually learn that which I care for. Others can post their pics to if they like as I get an ID I'm making a file with their names just to give me more of a coral knowledge in my brain rather than looking like a fool cause I don't know.

This is the first pic of sps is like to get an ID for thanks. I will have more to come as I catch them in the light

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/lockrookie/180g%20tank/image.jpg

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

Aquattro
10-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Well, nobody is putting their hand up, so I'm gonna say a green acro. :)

lockrookie
10-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Well thank you for the reply I wasn't sure if it was a birds nest. I got the colony for 20 bucks. And it looks great and has coloured up nicely I have a few other pieces I'm unsure about but I hope to read up on each one

Aquattro
10-28-2012, 05:21 AM
No, not a birdsnest. It's acropora. Not sure type though.

dreef
10-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Some kind of stag i'm guessing,but it's no bird Jeff...i can give you a nice sized colony if you'd like one.

lockrookie
10-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Some kind of stag i'm guessing,but it's no bird Jeff...i can give you a nice sized colony if you'd like one.

Let me know what ya want for it I'm always interested since the 180 is lacking coral

dreef
10-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Nothing for you Jeff :) it was a freebie frag from fragalot quite awhile ago.It probably 4x5 by now,and it's not acropora so i'm not interested in it.

lockrookie
10-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Nothing for you Jeff :) it was a freebie frag from fragalot quite awhile ago.It probably 4x5 by now,and it's not acropora so i'm not interested in it.

Shroom?

dreef
10-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm everywhere man..but incognito on different forums..never know what i'm up too :)

lockrookie
10-28-2012, 11:21 PM
It's the acropora that tipped it off lol I'm boring and keep the same name or I may confuse myself. Let me know next time your in town and ill purchase other frags you may have at the same time

lockrookie
10-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Ok here is the next piece I have not sure if its a superman montipora or what you can't see it in the pics but its red polyp with blue base

The person I purchased it from didn't know and I got it for 10 bucks

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/lockrookie/180g%20tank/image-1.jpg

lockrookie
10-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Bum pity on pic número 2

dreef
10-30-2012, 02:53 AM
It could be superman,usually it's the colors you listed.I can give you some rainbow if you like,got lots.Down the road i will have some seasons greetings,got a frag from burc..it's sick.

lockrookie
10-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Tank is empty needs filling starting with the spa then Lps and adding some softies here and there

lockrookie
10-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Sps*

Aquattro
10-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Tank is empty needs filling starting with the spa then Lps and adding some softies here and there

I wouldn't mix and match, tougher to manage.

lockrookie
10-30-2012, 03:25 AM
I've always had a little of everything just being a bit more selective on the softies and Lps no more Kenya trees or the like from me, I have some mushrooms my toadstool and my huge red zoa rock
Then my frogspawn and hammers Duncan's all of which was in the 90. I'm hoping if I plan placement everything can co exist.. I like to many things just to have one and no way in hell my wife will let me make another big tank

Aquattro
10-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Just make sure you run carbon, softies release toxins to inhibit growth of other corals.

dreef
10-30-2012, 04:12 AM
I don't run any carbon Brad,have at least 90% sps and a mix.The worlds biggest pink bubble :) couple of leathers,a few hammers,hairy and assorted shrooms and ricordias.Big gorg and a patch of zoas,two torches,gsp covering the lockline return,and i'm sure i missed some.I like livin on the edge :)

lockrookie
10-30-2012, 04:40 AM
I have a carbon reactor that is yet to be set up it was given to a lady reefer from an order with Elias and then given to me just needed a pump which I now have just haven't gotten to install it yet no worries and I have to recharge the calcium reactor dang co2 ran out.