PDA

View Full Version : Two pumps together.

AGY
10-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Can I set two water blaster pumps 2000 & 5000 side by side? Without damaging them or reducing performance because the magnets?

Any advice will be appreciated :lol:

The Grizz
10-27-2012, 05:37 AM
I don't see why not, the magnets in each pump a polar opposites and the outer mag will not attract another outer mag. Test it out dry, set side by side & see if you can feel any resistance.

FragIt Dan
10-27-2012, 05:46 AM
I would not assume so, but maybe. Magnetic fields decay with distance exponentially, so putting them directly beside each other (touching) might cause influence on each other. This could theoretically pull one of the motors or impellers aside causing premature wear. IF this happens, it is hard to say how much additional wear this might cause. You could perhaps start the one pump up while holding the other and see if there is any jarring in the pump you're holding. I would think any influence would cause a pull on the other pumps components that would wear them out too quickly, but that is really just a guess.

Dan

The Grizz
10-27-2012, 05:57 AM
I had 2 ocean runner 2500 & 2 marine land 1200 running in my sump all with in the same chamber for well over a year with zero issues, still have them but not in the sump anymore.

AGY
10-27-2012, 07:46 PM
I would not assume so, but maybe. Magnetic fields decay with distance exponentially, so putting them directly beside each other (touching) might cause influence on each other. This could theoretically pull one of the motors or impellers aside causing premature wear. IF this happens, it is hard to say how much additional wear this might cause. You could perhaps start the one pump up while holding the other and see if there is any jarring in the pump you're holding. I would think any influence would cause a pull on the other pumps components that would wear them out too quickly, but that is really just a guess.

Dan

Dan thanks! that is my concern as well. Depending on how, where and how close pleace the pumps from each other the 2000 gets very loud. I am guessing Magnetic fields. what I did was place a filter pad between them and now the noice is gone> however just want to be sure [I] am not going to wreck my pumps.

regards.

AGY
10-27-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't see why not, the magnets in each pump a polar opposites and the outer mag will not attract another outer mag. Test it out dry, set side by side & see if you can feel any resistance.

I will give it a try Thanks

subman
10-27-2012, 08:54 PM
I have my two returns side by side a well with no side effects. I figured the pumps are shielded enough to negate any problems.