PDA

View Full Version : mixing eductor where to buy them, info on them?

shift_47
04-23-2004, 03:07 AM
Where do you get them? These skimmers look great and even better cheap to make. I would like to know where people purchase these mixing eductor.
information would be great please

EmilyB
04-23-2004, 04:19 AM
LETHBRIDGE ! :eek: :cool:

Sorry, I grew up there...just shocked to see a Lethbridge reefer. Anyway welcome from me, I didn't see your first posts. :mrgreen:

I don't know what you are talking, about so sorry, can't help. Is there actually a SW store in Lethbridge now?

Canadian Man
04-23-2004, 04:40 AM
LETHBRIDGE ! :eek: :cool:

Sorry, I grew up there...just shocked to see a Lethbridge reefer. Anyway welcome from me, I didn't see your first posts. :mrgreen:
?

Well that explaines it all Deb :razz:

EmilyB
04-23-2004, 04:51 AM

Wind in the brain you figure???? :razz: :lol:

Canadian Man
04-23-2004, 03:26 PM

Wind in the brain you figure???? :razz: :lol:

That's what I was thinking :lol:

Aquattro
04-23-2004, 04:50 PM
Where do you get them? These skimmers look great and even better cheap to make. I would like to know where people purchase these mixing eductor.
information would be great please

OK, let's get back on track here......

shift_47
04-23-2004, 06:53 PM
wind in the brain that happens to alot of us in lethbrige. You know what they say lethbridge blows but it really sucks to live here.
Well no we dont have a sw store, i get all my stuff from calgary and edm, jl aquatics and the hat. It really sucks to not have a local store to get stuff, and sucks even more to be one of 3 who have a reef tank in this city of 60 0000 no much trading going on. well i don need info on the eductors anymore got it and am going to build a eductor skimmer in may will post pics after. And willl post pics under the pic form tonight of my tank for all to see.

thanks for you help

Gujustud
04-23-2004, 08:12 PM
lethbridge! I was born there!

IslandReefer
04-25-2004, 02:43 PM
I thought eductors weree used to improve the velocity of water at the output, and I had not heard of them being used in a skimmer. Could you please post some of the info you found?
ie models and tech info?
Thanks

StirCrazy
04-25-2004, 03:47 PM
I thought eductors weree used to improve the velocity of water at the output, and I had not heard of them being used in a skimmer. Could you please post some of the info you found?
ie models and tech info?
Thanks

the term educator encompasses a lot of designs and purposes.

generally "mixing educators" are open educators that you see people using in there tanks as returns and how you are thinking.

Beckett's, Kent turbo venturies ect.. are also educators but they are used to introduce air to the water instead of just increasing water flow.

Steve

IslandReefer
04-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I guess it is just definition of terms then.
On the other hand do you know any suppliers of open eductors.
Thanks again Steve

shift_47
04-27-2004, 11:52 PM
you dont have to buy them you just make them i found out you can buy one but thee like 50us you can build them for about 2$ cdn.
These things look great they can increase the flow buy large amounts out of returns and closed loops.

here are some links
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23330
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?s=8119534b3719325819d8174d55a82d3a&threadid=16504&perpage=20&highlight=eductor&pagenumber=1
i am going to build this skimmer soon and will keep you posted

shift_47
04-27-2004, 11:55 PM
another thing i have never seen a tunzle stream but i bet i works on the same principles. Also i wonder if they hookes this thing to a jet boat if it would work the same way or if because it was moving throw the water it wouldnt work same for a sea doo just hook it up where the thrust comes out?

IslandReefer
04-28-2004, 12:07 AM
The tunze PHs are supposed to give high flow that is less linear therefore better for corals etc.. Everyone raves about them. There are several DIY mods to other PH using model powerboat propellers (search reefs.org etc.). But I think I'll save my money for the real deal.

StirCrazy
04-28-2004, 12:10 AM
another thing i have never seen a tunzle stream but i bet i works on the same principles.

the streams are not and eductor principle in any way, they are simply a propeller (instead of a impeller) that has a guard around it.

Steve

BCOrchidGuy
04-28-2004, 01:52 AM
although it's not pretty I made one by using a PVC union fitting and the spinner from a model airplane. I used a 1 1/4 inch union and a 1 1/2 inch spinner. I used some acrylic that I cut to hold the spinner about 1/2 inch away from the union. I also used the acrylic to take up the difference between the powerhead outlet and the inside of the 1 1/4 in Union. I'll try to take some pictures in the next day or two.

Doug