PDA

View Full Version : Fragalot order Calgary

strauss
10-23-2012, 09:02 PM
I really want some ric's and acans and fragalot has a bunch pretty cheap. I've ordered before and was pleased with it. Has to happen in the next few weeks before weather gets crazy-ier. Anyone else want to place and save shipping?

Brandon

mrhasan
10-23-2012, 09:11 PM
I really want some ric's and acans and fragalot has a bunch pretty cheap. I've ordered before and was pleased with it. Has to happen in the next few weeks before weather gets crazy-ier. Anyone else want to place and save shipping?

Brandon

I am in :) But with the current condition of the weather, I doubt whether people would risk it; particularly in Calgary.

eli@fijireefrock.com
10-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Don't mean to jump in...but I do have few heads of ricordeas on hand.as for LPS only mother colonies and planning on fraging in the next week.
Cheers

Doug
10-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Moving to the local forum.

Enigma
10-24-2012, 01:27 AM
I'd be willing to add a couple of things to the order to test the waters, but the weather does concern me a bit. I think the delivery would have to be timed very well.

Also, is he willing to do "Saturday hold for pickup?" I ordered from Fragbox last week, and I really appreciated that he was willing ship on Friday for it to be held for pickup on Saturday. It cost a little more, but it saved my corals from bouncing around in a delivery truck. I think that is even a bigger concern with the weather.

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 01:30 AM
I'd be willing to add a couple of things to the order to test the waters, but the weather does concern me a bit. I think the delivery would have to be timed very well.

Also, is he willing to do "Saturday hold for pickup?" I ordered from Fragbox last week, and I really appreciated that he was willing ship on Friday for it to be held for pickup on Saturday. It cost a little more, but it saved my corals from bouncing around in a delivery truck. I think that is even a bigger concern with the weather.

Yah I not just a bit concerned but extremely concerned about the weather. Winter has come way too soon, especially in Calgary. Maybe mother nature is trying to make up her lack of winter last year :D

Alongside, fragalot does have some very tempting stuffs with very tempting price but doesn't have the best rep of shipping, particularly the correct stuffs. The weather might make it worse don't you think? But if some people are willing to risk it, I am in too :)

soapy
10-24-2012, 01:37 AM
I'll go along for the ride. Let me know when you want to have picks in by.

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Till now:

1. Strauss
2. Shelly
3. Soapy
4. Raied

strauss
10-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Saturday pick up is an option and im all for it considering. Just a review from last time. I ordered 6 frags last time and had a plug of zoa's melt but then again my red acan has trippled in size over 3 months. As a general rule sps does not always ship well but the lps and everything else tends to ship well in my experience.

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Saturday pick up is an option and im all for it considering. Just a review from last time. I ordered 6 frags last time and had a plug of zoa's melt but then again my red acan has trippled in size over 3 months. As a general rule sps does not always ship well but the lps and everything else tends to ship well in my experience.

I was thinking of ordering a SPS, few rics and few zoas. Maybe an acan. My budget is around $40-$50. :)

I am more like chipping in :D

strauss
10-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Sounds great. I didnt mean to shy you away from ordering sps. Have at it, I only had bad luck is all. The acans I received were/are awesome. Last time, whoever was in, just paid Burc for their order and a master order list was sent to him so he knew who had what and who had paid instead of one of us having to deal with others cash. I like this way best if it works for everyone else.

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 03:49 AM
Sounds great. I didnt mean to shy you away from ordering sps. Have at it, I only had bad luck is all. The acans I received were/are awesome. Last time, whoever was in, just paid Burc for their order and a master order list was sent to him so he knew who had what and who had paid instead of one of us having to deal with others cash. I like this way best if it works for everyone else.

I am fine with any set of rule that everyone agrees :)

dreef
10-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Burc also has a bunch of amazing maxi mini's..shame my filefish thinks their a meal.We in the prairies will test out the cold waters this friday when our group order arrives.And some jerk bought a whole colony of one of the most amazing Euphyllia species corals i have ever seen.Yeah...you know who you are :D

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Burc also has a bunch of amazing maxi mini's..shame my filefish thinks their a meal.We in the prairies will test out the cold waters this friday when our group order arrives.And some jerk bought a whole colony of one of the most amazing Euphyllia species corals i have ever seen.Yeah...you know who you are :D

Yah saw those maxis. Total eye candy! For me, I already got a 5" purple and 4" red so I am holding on maxis for now :P

kaboom
10-24-2012, 04:50 AM
If he has the pieces I want I could be down for almost $100.

Trevor82
10-24-2012, 05:17 AM
I'd be down for $50. I can't remember, what do we need for free shipping? $300?

Trevor

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 05:21 AM
I think we should start listing the things we are ordering.

And someone should take the lead. Since Brandon and Shelly has the experience of dealing with fragalot, one of them should take the charge :)

reefwars
10-24-2012, 06:59 AM
if it wasnt the same site since 1967 then i would prob grab some too. if he ever decides to update it then maybe...maybe.... id be in:P

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 07:00 AM
if it wasnt the same site since 1967 then i would prob grab some too. if he ever decides to update it then maybe...maybe.... id be in:P

Haha. Maybe we can ask for a list of what he has right now? I though the webpage is updated :\

reefwars
10-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Haha. Maybe we can ask for a list of what he has right now? I though the webpage is updated :\

it was updated....in 1967 lol

since before summer anyways , the last order went to hell because he wouldnt update his site, i actually talked to erin a little while back about doing another one but shes had no luck lately in communications with him.

we actually placed some large orders the last couple times, its a shame the communication isnt there.

maybe......maybe lol

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 07:12 AM

since before summer anyways , the last order went to hell because he wouldnt update his site, i actually talked to erin a little while back about doing another one but shes had no luck lately in communications with him.

we actually placed some large orders the last couple times, its a shame the communication isnt there.

maybe......maybe lol

Did this hobby even exists in 1967? LOL

I guess we should try to contact the guy and see if he is prompt and maybe then we can proceed. I wouldn't want my money to go to someone who is not even there to respond promptly to carry out his own business; no one would :twised:

Money pit
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
If he updates his website, I'll be in for $50-$100 depending on whats available.

jorjef
10-24-2012, 11:51 AM

You're welcome lol:biggrin:

Enigma
10-24-2012, 11:55 AM
I think we should start listing the things we are ordering.

And someone should take the lead. Since Brandon and Shelly has the experience of dealing with fragalot, one of them should take the charge :)

I've never ordered from Fragalot before. I've ordered from Fragbox. :)

Enigma
10-24-2012, 11:59 AM

maybe......maybe lol

Not good. I guess I should state that I'm in if Burke is in a cooperative and communicative mood.

dreef
10-24-2012, 03:02 PM
I had to throw that comment in there Jeff :) you know i mean nothing mean or bad by it.I'm nothing but polite in my emails to Burc.I sent 10 emails to him yesterday,most were answered within a few minutes.

Coralgurl
10-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I'd be in for an order as well if the site is updated. If this does happen, can a date be set to have the orders in and then a delivery date? And if I missed the post sorry but who is taking the lead on this, who will accept the order etc?

Enigma
10-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I emailed Burc, and he indicated that he would provide a list of new arrivals.

strauss
10-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I have no issues doing this. I can get in contact with Burc and set this up/try and get an accurate stock list. I would think we should shoot for at least a week or 2 from now as it is supposed to warm up to around 10 degrees which is much better than now, and we should spend the extra 15$ for a saturday delivery. I have about 120 gallons of water with sump and tank combined so potentially I could hold stuff to be picked up depending on how large our order is. I live right by U of C in the nw so it's not exactly central but not bad either.

Enigma
10-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I have no issues doing this. I can get in contact with Burc and set this up/try and get an accurate stock list. I would think we should shoot for at least a week or 2 from now as it is supposed to warm up to around 10 degrees which is much better than now, and we should spend the extra 15$ for a saturday delivery. I have about 120 gallons of water with sump and tank combined so potentially I could hold stuff to be picked up depending on how large our order is. I live right by U of C in the nw so it's not exactly central but not bad either.

If he sends me a list I'll send it to you. :lol:

Parking is good by your place. :)

kien
10-24-2012, 04:45 PM
You can count me in for some Maxi Minis! Love those little buggers and have been wanting to set up a nano with a bunch of them and some inverts. I'm going to call it the Maxi Pad!

soapy
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Why not just post the list to this thread?

If he sends me a list I'll send it to you. :lol:

Parking is good by your place. :)

reefwars
10-24-2012, 04:59 PM
I emailed Burc, and he indicated that he would provide a list of new arrivals.

for me thats not good enough...im out

sorry guys

Enigma
10-24-2012, 05:01 PM

Traditionally (from what I've seen from other group buys) the list hasn't been posted to the thread. I don't know why, but as I don't know exactly how these things usually work I don't want to step on any toes or do anything incorrectly. It may have to do with the fact that Fragalot is not a Canreef sponsor, and his wares shouldn't be advertised on the forum.

reefwars
10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
we never post the list as we all order individually , he sends it all as a group . the person spearheading basically provides the address to be shipped,everyone pays and orders themselves....eveyone does their own order.

usually theres a site too lol

Coralgurl
10-24-2012, 05:06 PM
You can count me in for some Maxi Minis! Love those little buggers and have been wanting to set up a nano with a bunch of them and some inverts. I'm going to call it the Maxi Pad!

:rofl:

Aquattro
10-24-2012, 05:13 PM

This vendor is not a site sponsor, and in fact, is barely tolerated here. He doesn't get to post a list.

strauss
10-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kien

Ahahahah, awesome. Are you sure Denny? I'd e more than happy to drop your order to you and have another look at your awesome nano.
Do we want to say the 1st of November which is a Thursday that way Burc can send it out Friday for pickup Saturday? I'll make sure to be home all day if everyone is ok with me holding their goodies. When I get home I can finalize things by double checking this will all work with Burc. Typically you place your order with Burc and pay him. I or Shelley maybe, if shes cool
With that, would contact you asking you what you are ordering to compile a master list then send it out to Burc. If he is out of something he notifies on ordering it via email.

reefwars
10-24-2012, 05:32 PM
how do i order if theres no site?? pics are great but i dont buy stuff that doesnt have a price lol if he updates the site ill be in if not ill pass.

this is the problem we had last time , half the list is pre sold and its too much complication....and trust me....with burc you need it to be easy with no confusion or you get nothing you ordered.

i guarantee you without the site everyones orders are gonna be mixed up.

this is coming from experience with burc, ask him to update the site with prices if yo guys want a good order.

Coralgurl
10-24-2012, 05:42 PM
Pics and prices are posted. I just want to know the site is up to date, not put in an order to find out its sold out.

Seth81
10-24-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm in for $50 - $100. Please send me the list too.

Enigma
10-24-2012, 05:44 PM
I or Shelley maybe, if shes cool
With that, would contact you asking you what you are ordering to compile a master list then send it out to Burc.

I'm not overly reliable this time of year due to the government deadlines for oil and gas exploration in access restricted areas that I'm dealing with. The first rush is for October 15th. The second rush is for November 30th. I couldn't be relied on to be 100% focussed and on the ball until the first week of December.

how do i order if theres no site?? pics are great but i dont buy stuff that doesnt have a price lol if he updates the site ill be in if not ill pass.

this is the problem we had last time , half the list is pre sold and its too much complication....and trust me....with burc you need it to be easy with no confusion or you get nothing you ordered.

i guarantee you without the site everyones orders are gonna be mixed up.

this is coming from experience with burc, ask him to update the site with prices if yo guys want a good order.

I think your warning is something worth strongly considering.

Leah
10-24-2012, 05:51 PM

You came back...and then you go and post this. :boom:

reefwars
10-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Pics and prices are posted. I just want to know the site is up to date, not put in an order to find out its sold out.

its not up to date its been like that since spring , i doubt most of that is still available:)

Coasting
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Last I checked with Burc, he still has lots of whats left on the website itself. The problem is with the new stuff he gets, people buy it all within a few days of him getting it.

reefwars
10-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I think your warning is something worth strongly considering.[/quote]

especially this time of year too where its cold , burcs not always theeasiest to deal with about returs or mix ups.

guys i love fragalots stuff , some of my best stuff over the years has come from him but it needs to be simple.

ask him to update the site and once its updated you will continue on with the group order, if theres a site you have some idea of what your ordering and proof it was advertised as such.

generally larger orders with lots of publicity get better results...he tends to ignore the quiet orders.

if he does update the site , i would be in for some things as he always has good stuff, i could even accept and have the facility to house the order plus im off during the days.

another tip:

dont pay untill you get confirmation of your order
dont order sps or nps corals

basically order stuff thats soft and can get tossed around or go long in transit.

zoos, lps and softies are usually the better.

if youve never ordered from fragalot before expect a substitution on some things...its his way of repeat business:)

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 06:03 PM

The location would be very convenient for me too. My place is like 10mins walk from UofC :D

reefwars
10-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Last I checked with Burc, he still has lots of whats left on the website itself. The problem is with the new stuff he gets, people buy it all within a few days of him getting it.

thats doesnt mean nothing to me no offenese, but him saying he has lots of whats left could mean anything...i already ordered off the exact site last time so unless its a new site im not interested at all.

i dont know about you but ive been dealing with burc since i started reefing(hes our best option in newfoundland) and i could tell you success stories or horror stories for any given year lol

burcs a nice guy hes not out to rip people off but there isnt alot of room for error and it does tend to happen....

reefwars
10-24-2012, 06:08 PM
use your bathtub for holding the corals thats what we do , fill your tub and throw in a heater and your good to go , some corals could stay there for days and its not needed space.

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm not overly reliable this time of year due to the government deadlines for oil and gas exploration in access restricted areas that I'm dealing with. The first rush is for October 15th. The second rush is for November 30th. I couldn't be relied on to be 100% focussed and on the ball until the first week of December.

I think your warning is something worth strongly considering.

I guess I can take up the master listing part. I am good with creating lists :mrgreen:

Leach29
10-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I would be in for $50-$100 also if his site gets updated.

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 06:58 PM
I think we are already in free shipping zone; given that he updates the site :mrgreen:

I will see what can be done to get the site updated. :)

kien
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
You came back...and then you go and post this. :boom:

What?? What did I say?!

I think that it is important for those who have not dealt with Burc in the past to know and understand the risks associated with dealing with him. A lot of people speak from personal experience so the accounts are true. Once you know and understand the risks, it is up to the individual to decide if it is worth it to them. I have dealt with Burc on a few occasions, both good and bad. I know the risks yet I am willing to have a go at it with the group in the hopes of scoring some inexpensive 'nems for my Maxi Pad!

Seth81
10-24-2012, 08:43 PM
What?? What did I say?!

I think that it is important for those who have not dealt with Burc in the past to know and understand the risks associated with dealing with him. A lot of people speak from personal experience so the accounts are true. Once you know and understand the risks, it is up to the individual to decide if it is worth it to them. I have dealt with Burc on a few occasions, both good and bad. I know the risks yet I am willing to have a go at it with the group in the hopes of scoring some inexpensive 'nems for my Maxi Pad!

Yeah I did a big order with him and he shorted me and substituted, never returned phone calls or emails. But I did get some pieces I have never seen in stores or available online. So I am goinging to this fully expecting that I will get somewhat screwed over.

mrhasan
10-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah I did a big order with him and he shorted me and substituted, never returned phone calls or emails. But I did get some pieces I have never seen in stores or available online. So I am goinging to this fully expecting that I will get somewhat screwed over.

This is the reason I am going to select $10 frags. Even if he sends substitutes, there won't be anything which has less value than my choice; it will either be more or be of equal value :P

Seriak
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
It's like buying a pack of hockey cards. You buy a pack and hope you get the card you need, but sometimes you get duplicates of what you already have. So you buy another pack of hockey cards over and over hoping that one day it will have the one card you have been looking for.

soapy
10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
This vendor is not a site sponsor, and in fact, is barely tolerated here. He doesn't get to post a list.

Oops my bad, I forgot about that, sorry.

lockrookie
10-24-2012, 09:59 PM
use your bathtub for holding the corals thats what we do , fill your tub and throw in a heater and your good to go , some corals could stay there for days and its not needed space.

Um dude I hope you have a second tub or things can get ripe in a few days....just sayin lol

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

molotov
10-24-2012, 11:01 PM
If Denny spearheaded the order I'd be in for two or three hundred. My concern is with this many people in on an order of this size, how will I know I'm getting the corals I ordered. Some show up all browned out, and some are unidentifiable after shipping.

What if three people order the same piece and one is DOA? Then who's out the dead coral?

Also if we're placing this big of an order I'm sure Burc would throw in a few extra pieces. Who would get those? I mean he's probably looking at an order over a grand so I"m sure he'll spend the time to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. I guess if Denny can organize it I wouldn't have a problem with him getting the kickbacks. I've bought quite a few pieces off Denny and I trust my order of $200-$300 in his hands for sure. He's probably the most capable of unpacking/caring for the corals and holding them for sure!!!!!

I dunno....Denny what do you think?

Coasting
10-24-2012, 11:09 PM
If Denny spearheaded the order I'd be in for two or three hundred. My concern is with this many people in on an order of this size, how will I know I'm getting the corals I ordered. Some show up all browned out, and some are unidentifiable after shipping.

What if three people order the same piece and one is DOA? Then who's out the dead coral?

Also if we're placing this big of an order I'm sure Burc would throw in a few extra pieces. Who would get those? I mean he's probably looking at an order over a grand so I"m sure he'll spend the time to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. I guess if Denny can organize it I wouldn't have a problem with him getting the kickbacks. I've bought quite a few pieces off Denny and I trust my order of $200-$300 in his hands for sure. He's probably the most capable of unpacking/caring for the corals and holding them for sure!!!!!

I dunno....Denny what do you think?

He doesnt stick 100 coral in a bag and send it off like that. Each coral is bagged on its own, and all the coral belonging to 1 persons order gets put in a bag with their name. So the box will have numerous bags that have names on them.

strauss
10-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Well I did not expect there to be such a large response to this. I tend to agree this is getting very large and the sheer size of the order thus far will most likely outweigh what Burc has in stock. There are a few concerns at who gets freebee's or the doa's. I would love to have denny around when the order comes in as he is by far the most knowledgeable and capable of figuring out whats what. I would have no issues using these freebee's to compensate denny for his time.
I also think that we should put together a master list now and send it to Burc and see if he even has what everyone wants. If he does not then obviously most of us would not be ordering. If he does and responds in a timely fashion then we're more or less good to go and we already have a master list to go off of when everything arrives. He also packs orders together so its really a matter of deciding who's order is who's. Again, I have no issue even grabbing the package from the airport as I am close and could wait for it (ill study while I wait). Regardless ill be double checking with Burc to make sure he has what I want before I do anything. I just suggest we do the same as a group.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 12:17 AM
He doesnt stick 100 coral in a bag and send it off like that. Each coral is bagged on its own, and all the coral belonging to 1 persons order gets put in a bag with their name. So the box will have numerous bags that have names on them.

I have heard that he doesn't write names or anything on the bag.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Well I did not expect there to be such a large response to this. I tend to agree this is getting very large and the sheer size of the order thus far will most likely outweigh what Burc has in stock. There are a few concerns at who gets freebee's or the doa's. I would love to have denny around when the order comes in as he is by far the most knowledgeable and capable of figuring out whats what. I would have no issues using these freebee's to compensate denny for his time.
I also think that we should put together a master list now and send it to Burc and see if he even has what everyone wants. If he does not then obviously most of us would not be ordering. If he does and responds in a timely fashion then we're more or less good to go and we already have a master list to go off of when everything arrives. He also packs orders together so its really a matter of deciding who's order is who's. Again, I have no issue even grabbing the package from the airport as I am close and could wait for it (ill study while I wait). Regardless ill be double checking with Burc to make sure he has what I want before I do anything. I just suggest we do the same as a group.

I have sent him an email requesting to update the site. No reply yet. Let's see.

dreef
10-25-2012, 12:24 AM
He will write the persons name on the bag containing there order...that's all.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 12:28 AM
He will write the persons name on the bag containing there order...that's all.

Oh. That's would be good enough I guess.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 01:19 AM
Update:

Burc replied to my email with an opening sorry statement for late reply. That was, I would say, nice of him.

Secondly, about website updates, he said that most of the things always go away before he can update and hence causes lots of confusion among people - the reason that he doesn't update the website with new stuffs. Maybe people mostly do local pickups? Maybe his business is better that way? I don't know but that's what he said and I thought of not arguing since I heard that nice emails gets nice replies form him.

About new stuffs, he said he made 10 new pieces of super nice acros this morning. I said a pic would help fellow reefers to choose and he said he will send it tomorrow evening after the things heal.

So far, I am happy with his replies.

Lets hear some thoughts. Role the dice people :)

Money pit
10-25-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm out. I see it the same as Denny, I've dealt with Burc in the past and swore never again. I was hoping with a group buy, the size of the order would make it a priority. But if he won't update his site, then I wont take the chance.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Seems like people are slowly calling it off.

I guess we can do a Denny group buy ;) I am pretty sure he is willing to ship free of charge anywhere within Calgary :)

reefwars
10-25-2012, 04:15 AM
hey guys , if you guys want i dont mind dealing with the order and getting it shipped over here ive dealt with burc and recieved many orders from him.

in all honesty the more poeple and money the better it will be , i usually go in for 300-500 but without the site updated i will only grab a few single frags.

heres what you do :

email burc for the list and pics/prices

choose your main list of corals you want to order.

also add a substitue you want in case he out of stock on the item you want.

example:

1 x red flaming zoa
1 x blue ice super zoa
1 x jesus christ paly

substritutions:

1 x orange palys
1 x purple nurple

burc will conform your order, once its confirmed send him payment.

if you pay by emoney transfer there is no tax

once everyone is paid we make a date.

i do not recommend saturday delivery.....most shipping places slack on saturdays....best to do early in the week that ways if theres problms its a regualar business day and full staff to hunt down our package.

the bags will show up and bagged by customer:

so if theres 5 people we will get five bags...the bags are marked with your name on them.

if you guys want me to accept the delivery i can hold the pieces for pick up for anytime people are available, i will not hold bags overnight and reccommend people pick them up as early as possibe after its arrived.

ps.......... there are never free frags lol maybe if your lucky burc will throw a freebie in your bag but he never adds a bag of extra frags.

if there are any doa's its to be reported to burc immediately and your refund will be sent on the following order(could be a week or a year)

hope this clears stuff up a bit.

lmk

cheers!!

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Awesome Denny. I am pretty sure people will feel safe if you are in charge of this whole "operation" :)

Anyway, Bruce told me he will send me the pics of some new stuffs (acros) and asked me to send him the list that we are willing to get. He will double check it to see if its available and will let me know.

So should we start? :)

hey guys , if you guys want i dont mind dealing with the order and getting it shipped over here ive dealt with burc and recieved many orders from him.

in all honesty the more poeple and money the better it will be , i usually go in for 300-500 but without the site updated i will only grab a few single frags.

heres what you do :

email burc for the list and pics/prices

choose your main list of corals you want to order.

also add a substitue you want in case he out of stock on the item you want.

example:

1 x red flaming zoa
1 x blue ice super zoa
1 x jesus christ paly

substritutions:

1 x orange palys
1 x purple nurple

burc will conform your order, once its confirmed send him payment.

if you pay by emoney transfer there is no tax

once everyone is paid we make a date.

i do not recommend saturday delivery.....most shipping places slack on saturdays....best to do early in the week that ways if theres problms its a regualar business day and full staff to hunt down our package.

the bags will show up and bagged by customer:

so if theres 5 people we will get five bags...the bags are marked with your name on them.

if you guys want me to accept the delivery i can hold the pieces for pick up for anytime people are available, i will not hold bags overnight and reccommend people pick them up as early as possibe after its arrived.

ps.......... there are never free frags lol maybe if your lucky burc will throw a freebie in your bag but he never adds a bag of extra frags.

if there are any doa's its to be reported to burc immediately and your refund will be sent on the following order(could be a week or a year)

hope this clears stuff up a bit.

lmk

cheers!!

reefwars
10-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Awesome Denny. I am pretty sure people will feel safe if you are in charge of this whole "operation" :)

Anyway, Bruce told me he will send me the pics of some new stuffs (acros) and asked me to send him the list that we are willing to get. He will double check it to see if its available and will let me know.

So should we start? :)

absolutely , heres what we do ill add your name to the post so we all know whos in, once your name is added to the post just send burc an email with the list you want to order , he will work with you all individually about your orders.

we have to make a cut off date a week before the shipping date.

theres no way we would get it here for the first so unless theres any objections lets do cut off for the first and order shipped for the following week, if that ok with everyone??

whe you email burc tell him you are a part of the calgry group order.

once you have a confirmation that he has your list send him payment.

once its all paid we ship the following week:)

reefwars
10-25-2012, 04:28 AM
1) reefwars
2)mr hassan
3) strauss

i know you 2 are in for sure so who else wants in??

ill add your name to the post above:)

cheers!!

any questions just shoot and ill see if i can help you out:)

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 04:34 AM
1) reefwars
2)mr hassan
3) strauss

cheers!!

Now that Denny's name is up on the top, I am expecting a great turn out :mrgreen:

About the initial list, should everyone send their individual list or should someone compile the total list and send it to him?

Coralgurl
10-25-2012, 04:47 AM
I'm out. No site update then I'm not risking anything. Good luck everyone!

Trevor82
10-25-2012, 04:51 AM
1) reefwars
2)mr hassan
3) strauss
4) Trevor82

cheers!!

I'm in for 50-100 bucks.

lockrookie
10-25-2012, 04:54 AM
If its any consultation I'm part of a local order ill let you know how it pans out.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 04:54 AM
If its any consultation I'm part of a local order ill let you know how it pans out.

That's would be awesome :)

Seth81
10-25-2012, 05:10 AM
1) reefwars
2)mr hassan
3) strauss
4) Trevor82
5) Seth81

cheers!!

*Rolls dice*

lockrookie
10-25-2012, 05:16 AM
It will be here Friday

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 05:17 AM
It will be here Friday

Great! will be waiting for your review :)

lockrookie
10-25-2012, 05:55 AM
Don't hope to much I have little faith. Due to past experience but was suckered in to peer pressure.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Don't hope to much I have little faith. Due to past experience but was suckered in to peer pressure.

Haha. No pressure :)

Leach29
10-25-2012, 03:19 PM
I am in Denny

kien
10-25-2012, 03:49 PM
I still want my Maxis so you guys just tell me when to pull the trigger.

Enigma
10-25-2012, 03:52 PM
I've decided how I'm going to approach this if we go ahead with it. So I'm good to go, and the only room for disappointment in my order could be DOAs. I'll be in for $100.

mrhasan
10-25-2012, 07:32 PM
I've decided how I'm going to approach this if we go ahead with it. So I'm good to go, and the only room for disappointment in my order could be DOAs. I'll be in for $100.

Welcome aboard Shelley :D

molotov
10-25-2012, 07:33 PM
Denny, I'm in!

Seth81
10-26-2012, 01:38 AM
So....

1) reefwars
2) mr hassan
3) strauss
4) Trevor82
5) Seth81
6) Leach29
7) Enigma
8) molotov

Did we ever get a list of new arrivals?

mrhasan
10-26-2012, 01:40 AM
So....

1) reefwars
2) mr hassan
3) strauss
4) Trevor82
5) Seth81
6) Leach29
7) Enigma
8) molotov
9) kien

Did we ever get a list of new arrivals?

I have sent Burc an email but he hasn't replied yet. He told me yesterday that he will send me a pic today. All he said was he has around 10 eye candy acros that are not listed in the site.

molotov
10-26-2012, 03:25 AM
I also sent him an email this afternoon. No reply yet but that's ok. There's a lot of interest so I'm sure he's doing his due diligence to make sure everyone is happy. I'm willing to wait a couple more days for a list.

molotov
10-26-2012, 03:28 AM
A lot of people are quick to hang him out to dry. I'm willing to give him a chance as well as benefit of the doubt.

mrhasan
10-26-2012, 03:36 AM
A lot of people are quick to hang him out to dry. I'm willing to give him a chance as well as benefit of the doubt.

Yah maybe he is busy with other matters.

I am now waiting for Denny to reply to this thread and let us know what we should do now.

9 people in so we should be good to go and set a deadline now.

lockrookie
10-26-2012, 03:37 AM
No a lot of ppl have been burnt for a lot of money google Fragalot or search on here. Bit yet we are still drawn to cheap frags.. And pray its not a nightmare lately it's been decent but that can change

mrhasan
10-26-2012, 03:39 AM
No a lot of ppl have been burnt for a lot of money google Fragalot or search on here. Bit yet we are still drawn to cheap frags.. And pray its not a nightmare lately it's been decent but that can change

Well sometimes, we just have to loose something to gain something. Maybe Burc is not good with shipment and that's why his frags are priced accordingly. I think the main problem is that you have to be real nice to deal with him.

I always set my expectations accordingly. Everyone can't be like Greg (Snappy) after all :)

lockrookie
10-26-2012, 03:45 AM
If your not ordering spa your chances are higher of survival

mrhasan
10-26-2012, 03:46 AM
If your not ordering spa your chances are higher of survival

Yah that's wat Denny said too. Hopefully people won't put a big chuck on SPS in their order. I have just selected one blue acro since blue is missing from my tank :P

dreef
10-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Acropora is all i have ever ordered from Burc,usually 1/2 of them make it alive.But my frags are almost always bigger than 1 inch and multiple branches,he's always very generous with me.I talked with Stones briefly this morning,he used a real styro cooler this time,everything was warm and alive :) Just have to wait till the bus comes in at 7pm tonight..can't wait !

lockrookie
10-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Just got the order in out of the 7 pieces 1 doa for sure and one questionable all pieces seem to be what I ordered wont know till color up ill post pics on my tank build when I get a chance

Thx

dreef
10-27-2012, 03:13 AM
All good on my end and most are soakin in the sump in interseptor.The ultra and seasons greetings monti's are very nice.Got a 2 headed frag of another hybrid torch,hammer that jeff didn't buy or know about :P ordered 3 acroporas,and recieved 4 ..the one milli is off the hook sexy !!

mrhasan
10-27-2012, 04:11 AM
Just got the order in out of the 7 pieces 1 doa for sure and one questionable all pieces seem to be what I ordered wont know till color up ill post pics on my tank build when I get a chance

Thx

Great to hear that :)

Could you discover any possible reason for the DOA?

mrhasan
10-27-2012, 04:12 AM
All good on my end and most are soakin in the sump in interseptor.The ultra and seasons greetings monti's are very nice.Got a 2 headed frag of another hybrid torch,hammer that jeff didn't buy or know about :P ordered 3 acroporas,and recieved 4 ..the one milli is off the hook sexy !!

I guess we can proceed with the order without much tension :) Still keeping my fingers crossed.

dreef
10-27-2012, 05:14 AM
Yes results may vary :) i've had 2 sps alive out of 5... but he's always made good.

mrhasan
10-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Well Burc have sent me pictures of 143 frags (separate pictures) that are available. Since it is not allowed to share over here, I guess you can email me at raiedhasan@gmail.com and I will send the link to you.

Everyone seems a bit off. I was just wondering whether this order is going to get through :)

Seth81
10-28-2012, 05:58 PM
When should we say the cut off is for getting orders in ?

The Grizz
10-28-2012, 06:31 PM
I really don't know why everytime a fragalot thread gets started it goes page after page after page of complaint and this & that. If people want to do a group order let them do it, there's enough info out there for them to be aware.

But on that note, I will add my 2 cents because it's positive. I sent Burc an email today about an order a bunch of us here placed a few months back, there where a few doas & one missing. Burc replied within mins and going to get replacements out shortly.

mrhasan
10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
When should we say the cut off is for getting orders in ?

I wonder that too. Calgary is getting sunnier so I think we should act quickly.

Leach29
10-28-2012, 09:50 PM
I just received email from Burc with my order an he had 7 of 8 things I was looking to get. I am pretty happy with that, so I am good to put I'n the order whenever we decide to do so.

Seth81
10-29-2012, 01:34 AM
I just settled my order with Burc he has some really good stuff.Does anyone have a problem with Wed as the cut off date for a Friday delivery ?

mrhasan
10-29-2012, 01:35 AM
I just settled my order with Burc he has some really good stuff.Does anyone have a problem with Wed as the cut off date for a Friday delivery ?

+1 for me.

strauss
10-29-2012, 04:28 AM
Yeah buddy, sounds good. We just need to hear from Denny

mrhasan
10-29-2012, 04:29 AM
Yeah buddy, sounds good. We just need to hear from Denny

Denny is checking out the pics. He should get back to us shortly.

mrhasan
10-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Just wanted to clear up some confusion that I unintentionally created. Some people email me regarding the pictures and I sent them a link (a public album in photobucket). Some people could see the picture while some were not able to see them. Please do let me know and I will send you a link to download the pictures. I have already replied to those whom I sent the semi-active link.

Just wanted to clear up the confusion. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience. I am still wondering why public album was not being accessible for all. :neutral:

Enigma
10-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Sorry. I'm confused about who is actually managing this. :lol: I think I missed something. Who will be holding the orders and floating the bags? Who is managing the order?

molotov
10-29-2012, 01:19 PM
So yesterday morning I went through all the pictures and placed my portion of the order with Burc. He replied to all my email within about five minutes. It was really very easy. I just looked at the pictures, told him what I would like and paid for it. BAM....done.

He made it so simple, I couldn't imagine it going any easier.

reefwars
10-29-2012, 03:15 PM
hey guys , sorry ive been away all weekend with other matters, i had a look at the list this morning and honestly theres nothing there that i really need.

if you guys want to have it delivered to my house thats fine as im here in the daytimes anyways and everyone knows where i live.

to be honest i dont think ill be ordering anything , i had a look at the pics and ........am i the only one who notices thst these pics are from someone else?? better yet a sponsor here and just got posted this week??

weird......

molotov
10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
OK, here's the deal. I spoke with Denny and Burc. I will be the new (and improved, sorry Denny) resource for this order. I've already placed my order with Burc. I'm also going to hold off on shipping now to accomodate those who are still interested

If you still want in please pm me. The cut off for orders will be FRIDAY NOVEMBER 2ND.

mrhasan
10-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Sorry. I'm confused about who is actually managing this. :lol: I think I missed something. Who will be holding the orders and floating the bags? Who is managing the order?

I just took the liberty of collecting the infos on current stock :)

Molotov will be the host. I guess all the orders can be placed individually by contacting with Burc and afterwards, me or Molotov can contact Burc and let him know we are ready to receive the order :)

strauss
10-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Molotov, where are you located in Calgary? Just curious so I know what I'm getting into. If its a Friday cutoff is this a Saturday delivery? Thanks

Brandon

molotov
10-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Molotov, where are you located in Calgary? Just curious so I know what I'm getting into. If its a Friday cutoff is this a Saturday delivery? Thanks

Brandon

I'm located just west of downtown, right by the Shaganappi golf course so pretty much central for everyone.

The reason why a Friday cutoff is because I don't want this thread to go on forever with no difinative schedule.

We have not yet scheduled a date for delivery. It will most likely NOT be a weekend delivery. If there is a problem with shipping such as a lost package, the shipping company can be resolve it much quicker if there is a full compliment of shipping staff available. It will most likely be a during business hours shipment.

reefwars
10-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm located just west of downtown, right by the Shaganappi golf course so pretty much central for everyone.

The reason why a Friday cutoff is because I don't want this thread to go on forever with no difinative schedule.

We have not yet scheduled a date for delivery. It will most likely NOT be a weekend delivery. If there is a problem with shipping such as a lost package, the shipping company can be resolve it much quicker if there is a full compliment of shipping staff available. It will most likely be a during business hours shipment.

Smart man;) yeah sat shipping is rough both on burcs side and the shipping company.

Mark if I add something ill just piggyback your order if that's ok, ill get a hold of burc today:)

mrhasan
10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Smart man;) yeah sat shipping is rough both on burcs side and the shipping company.

Mark if I add something ill just piggyback your order if that's ok, ill get a hold of burc today:)

Denny IS going to order something; no matter how many times he says he wont! :P

reefwars
10-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Denny IS going to order something; no matter how many times he says he wont! :P

Not unless he has what I want lol I don't do acans anymore, clams are a meal in my tank and the zoos are the same since last order.

I am looking for some stuff though if he has it ill order if not then I have whats in the pics anyways lol

mrhasan
10-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Not unless he has what I want lol I don't do acans anymore, clams are a meal in my tank and the zoos are the same since last order.

I am looking for some stuff though if he has it ill order if not then I have whats in the pics anyways lol

"Clams are a meal in my tank" - :lol:

mrhasan
10-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Placed my order and have sent money to Burc :)

Leach29
10-29-2012, 11:25 PM
I ordered and paid!

Enigma
10-29-2012, 11:43 PM

Just to clarify things as much as possible, will you be receiving the shipment, Mark?

mrhasan
10-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Just to clarify things as much as possible, will you be receiving the shipment, Mark?

Yap he is in charge. He will be sending the final list to Burc too.

Seth81
10-30-2012, 03:09 AM
When you say final list.... you mean of people right not of items correct?

I can't wait to get those Rock flower annenome's :)

mrhasan
10-30-2012, 03:15 AM
When you say final list.... you mean of people right not of items correct?

I can't wait to get those Rock flower annenome's :)

Nop. The list is going to be a spreadsheet where all the individual's name with his/her ordered frags under his/her name are going to be listed. That way, Burc will pack all the items with individual's name labeled on the pack.

Here's what you have to do:

Create a list of your desired frags (from website/picture) and send it to Burc to see whether the items are there (he got the ones in the pictures but not all from the site). Once he replies, pay him though email transfer and send the list to Mark.

Easy :)

Seth81
10-30-2012, 03:57 AM
Ordered and paid for my list... I guess I just gotta get Marks email address. Mark can you PM me your email address?

mrhasan
10-30-2012, 04:00 AM
Ordered and paid for my list... I guess I just gotta get Marks email address. Mark can you PM me your email address?

Just PM him here, will be better since he will have everything in PMs and not scattered between PMs and emails :)

Xadieu
10-31-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm interested in group ordering from fragalot, whoever is putting the order together please someone PM me.

Thanks!

molotov
10-31-2012, 04:32 PM
Just a reminder to those who haven't placed their order. Cut off is noon on Friday. Only 2 days left.

mrhasan
10-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Just a reminder to those who haven't placed their order. Cut off is noon on Friday. Only 2 days left.

How many people is in till now Mark?

molotov
11-01-2012, 03:04 PM
So today and tomorrow left to place your order. Clock is ticking.

Enigma
11-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Have my order in, and have sent EMT. Will follow up with you via PM, Mark.

Borderjumper
11-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Just an FYI I ordered some acans which were delivered today.. Very well packed in a stryofoam box with heat packs. Double bagged and then bagged again. No leakage and they were still warm. And I quite like them!

dreef
11-02-2012, 04:41 AM
You must have some pull Shelley,our group order was supposed to be delivered today.Delayed for a week ?

Littlefishy
11-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Damn I just found this thread! I've spearheaded orders to fragalot in the past and would have been happy to help out again. Too bad, I have been meaning to place an order. Next time I guess!