PDA

View Full Version : This is why I love my tank..

ashr
10-18-2012, 06:59 AM
So I was going to feed my tube anemone some silver side tonight as I have not done so for a couple weeks when my maroon clown swims in and steals the tail end of the silver sider. He than swam over and proceeded to give it to his own anemone.. he tried to spit it out at it a couple a times and then he finally got it near the mouth. I have never seen this before and made me just fall in love with my tank all over haha

I have to say it was one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. I almost got a video of this but no luck.. I think I will try it again!!

Any other great stories to share?

mrhasan
10-18-2012, 07:02 AM
I guess this is the beauty of keeping saltwater tanks; looking at the fishes never gets old. The other day, I introduced a purple dottyback and would not stop harassing the firefish. And to my utter surprise, the clowns became the guardian angles and started blocking the dottyback from attacking. Beauty at its best :)

Northernseacorals
10-18-2012, 07:17 AM
That is special, I enjoy stuff like that.

I've got a White Ray Shrimp Goby that regularly collects up food, turns around and spits it back down the den for the pistol shrimp, I love that.

Rogue951
10-18-2012, 11:22 PM
I noticed the other day my kole tang would wait for the twin spot blenny to go into crevices and cracks it couldn't get to to dig out 2mm pellets and then he'd take it from the blenny. lol.
talk about bullying.

banditpowdercoat
10-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Yup, me too. Last fish I introduced, a NASO Tang. My Foxface was pestering it. And mu Yellow Tang, who was the tank bully, befrended and protected the NASO. Soo cool!

mohammadali
10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
hahahahha nice
last night my percula took out the mysis shrimp from anemone and threw it away cuz they dont like mysis shrimp

HaZRaTTy
10-18-2012, 11:42 PM
When I was having trouble with my calculus homework I would hold up the question and watch my clownfish blow bubbles to the answer smart little dude I tell ya.

ScubaSteve
10-19-2012, 05:13 AM
I've seen maroon clowns in the wild drag injured damsels into their nem while they're still alive and trying to swim away. It blew my mind!