PDA

View Full Version : LF 1/4" Wide Clear Polypropylene Mesh

Ginu
10-16-2012, 06:50 PM
As title says, for 1/4" wide clear polypropylene mesh preferably from a local member or store to cover my tank as I've already obtain a screen kit and need the mesh.

Any ideas or suggestions where I could get such mesh? I can find some US vendors but nothing in Canada, so far I've tried the hardware stores which all carry something similar but its more for heavy duty/gutter drains and so on.

This is to cover a standard 75g tank

Thanks in advance,

Mandosh
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
I might have some. I bought some to cover my tank, but haven't had time to do doing yet. I'll try and get it done next weekend, and depending on how efficient my material usage is, I might have enought left for a 75. Maybe.

Other than that, BRS is the only place I know you can get it from. Even with shipping, it's not that bad.

tang daddy
10-16-2012, 07:47 PM
I believe Canadian tire sells this mesh but not sure if it's a seasonal thing? Apexifd (Peter) would know, message him!

Ginu
10-16-2012, 08:40 PM
I might have some. I bought some to cover my tank, but haven't had time to do doing yet. I'll try and get it done next weekend, and depending on how efficient my material usage is, I might have enought left for a 75. Maybe.

Other than that, BRS is the only place I know you can get it from. Even with shipping, it's not that bad.

That would be awesome, let me know.

I believe Canadian tire sells this mesh but not sure if it's a seasonal thing? Apexifd (Peter) would know, message him!

Guess I can drop in Canadian Tire and see what they have, I assumed they didn't have any screen as they didn't have screen kits or the shop assistant was clueless...

Mandosh
10-20-2012, 01:10 AM
I managed to save a 36" x ~32" piece. Let me know if you think that will be enough.

Ginu
10-20-2012, 02:43 AM
I managed to save a 36" x ~32" piece. Let me know if you think that will be enough.

Thank you very much, however I already got a decent size from another nice canreef member. ( I will probably have a fair ammount left over as well)

Thanks and I will be busy setting up my screens over the weekend. Need the wrasses to stay in the tank not carpet surf.

Cheers,