PDA

View Full Version : FS: Purple dottyback

mrhasan
10-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Bought this beauty 2 days back but have been causing havoc in my tank. Killed my wrasse (I was trying to take it out anyway) but he crossed the limit when he kept bullying my firefish. He is currently in a box cage inside my tank. So if anyone wants it, it is yours for $15.

If I can't find any buyer by tomorrow evening, I will be sending it back to LFS since it would be harsh to keep it inside the cage for long.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s522/mrhasan1/2012-10-13180343_zpsf0b4717f.jpg

mrhasan
10-16-2012, 04:37 AM
Bumpy bump!

JTang
10-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Wish you are closer! My 6-line wrasse will take care of him... he killed the last purple dottyback that I put in the tank. Lol

Wheelman76
10-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Wish you are closer! My 6-line wrasse will take care of him... he killed the last purple dottyback that I put in the tank. Lol

So you wish he was closer , so you could buy the fish for $15 , to put it in your tank for your six line to kill? Interesting.....

Davidbugera
10-16-2012, 11:44 AM
So you wish he was closer , so you could buy the fish for $15 , to put it in your tank for your six line to kill? Interesting.....

Survival of the fittest

mrhasan
10-16-2012, 02:51 PM

My six line was taken care of by this. He made the wrasse commit suicide.

mrhasan
10-16-2012, 03:27 PM
FYI. I am located in NW near brentwood mall.

If no one is interested I will send this back to lfs.

mrhasan
10-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Sent back to LFS.

JTang
10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
FYI. I am located in NW near brentwood mall.

If no one is interested I will send this back to lfs.

Oh I thought you are in Calgary!? Was he from JL? I really want to get another one. My 6 line haven't met a tough guy yet... he's the bully in the tank! Haaha!

JTang
10-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Survival of the fittest

You are absolutely right! :wink:

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Oh I thought you are in Calgary!? Was he from JL? I really want to get another one. My 6 line haven't met a tough guy yet... he's the bully in the tank! Haaha!

He was from Ocean Creation in Calgary.

Trust me six line stands no chance to this!!!! My sixline actually started attacking the dotty but well, lets just say, dotty showed him who's the boss now :)

ryanb69
10-17-2012, 12:17 AM
If you liked the color of that the purple dottyback, I would recommend getting an Orchid Dottyback. The only difference in appearance is a black line across the eye. It is a beautiful looking fish and best of all, its peaceful!

blacknife
10-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Dottyback and peacefull used in refrence to eachother? Yeah right

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 12:26 AM
If you liked the color of that the purple dottyback, I would recommend getting an Orchid Dottyback. The only difference in appearance is a black line across the eye. It is a beautiful looking fish and best of all, its peaceful!

Orchids are a bit well-mannered and that's all. Rest depends on the individual personality of the fish :P

JTang
10-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Orchids are a bit well-mannered and that's all. Rest depends on the individual personality of the fish :P

Very true! Every fish is different in personality, just like us humans. :).

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Very true! Every fish is different in personality, just like us humans. :).

Yah. Even a purple dottyback can be more docile than a firefish :P

Madreefer
10-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Yah. Even a purple dottyback can be more docile than a firefish :P
I'm with Blacknife. I wish mine was like that. Mines killed 7 fish now.

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm with Blacknife. I wish mine was like that. Mines killed 7 fish now.

Yet you have it in the tank? :O

Madreefer
10-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Too smart for the various different traps and i've spent hours trying to catch it with a hook. I have a very mature tank and it's not a nano, so not worth it for me to take every rock out of the tank and break all my colonies apart to catch it. Would you do that?

JTang
10-17-2012, 02:37 AM
He was from Ocean Creation in Calgary.

Trust me six line stands no chance to this!!!! My sixline actually started attacking the dotty but well, lets just say, dotty showed him who's the boss now :)

Oh yeah!? The only way to find out is to put them in the ring... Which LFS does he reside in? My 6 lines, 'Bruce', would love to have a little challenge! :lol:

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 02:47 AM
Too smart for the various different traps and i've spent hours trying to catch it with a hook. I have a very mature tank and it's not a nano, so not worth it for me to take every rock out of the tank and break all my colonies apart to catch it. Would you do that?

Never :P Even for my 20 gallon with just 20 pounds of rock, it would be like hell to remove the rockwork let alone be a biggy tank!

My one was way too curious and fell for the bottle trick within like 5mins :P

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Oh yeah!? The only way to find out is to put them in the ring... Which LFS does he reside in? My 6 lines, 'Bruce', would love to have a little challenge! :lol:

If you are so eager for a challenger, why don't you put a lovely yellow frogfish in the tank ;)

You might get some complimentary results alongside too :mrgreen:

JTang
10-17-2012, 03:06 AM
If you are so eager for a challenger, why don't you put a lovely yellow frogfish in the tank ;)

You might get some complimentary results alongside too :mrgreen:

That won't be a challenge then! We all know whats gonna happen... Haaha!

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 03:20 AM
That won't be a challenge then! We all know whats gonna happen... Haaha!

Then perhaps a maroon clown with an anemone :)

Doug
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Would you guys like this moved to the discussion forum? I can separate the buy/sell portion.

Samw
10-17-2012, 04:19 PM

My guess is the fish went back to Ocean Creation in Calgary. You'd have to go to Calgary to get it since OP lives near Brentwood Mall in Calgary. He isn't talking about Brentwood Mall in BC.

JTang
10-17-2012, 04:44 PM
My guess is the fish went back to Ocean Creation in Calgary. You'd have to go to Calgary to get it since OP lives near Brentwood Mall in Calgary. He isn't talking about Brentwood Mall in BC.

Oh I see! I kept thinking about our Brentwood Mall! I was going to make a trip to JL... Lol.

JTang
10-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Would you guys like this moved to the discussion forum? I can separate the buy/sell portion.

Sorry for going off topic. Doesn't matter to me. Its your call, mod.

reefwars
10-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Sorry for going off topic. Doesn't matter to me. Its your call, mod.

i could run to oceans buy the dotty and send it to you for the battle of a lifetime?? huh huh??:):)

mrhasan
10-17-2012, 06:05 PM
i could run to oceans buy the dotty and send it to you for the battle of a lifetime?? huh huh??:):)

They have 3 of those mean machines in stock right now in three different tanks ;)

After all, the more the merrier :D

JTang
10-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Just bought one at J&L (LFS) today. Thanks everyone! :)

mrhasan
10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Just bought one at J&L (LFS) today. Thanks everyone! :)

Don't 4get to grab your camera to record some live action ;)