PDA

View Full Version : LF partner to purchase LED fixture

oyf709
10-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I am looking for someone to join together and purchase a new LED fixture. The company I am dealing with will charge the same shipping regardless if it is 1 fixture or 2 fixtures .

I am thinking about bringing these new model into NA but not very sure its functionality and how well can this unit be match up against all other LED fixtures. So I am thinking about to just get 1 sample unit to test it out. I really don't need 2 of them so my choices are either pay same shipping for just 1 unit as for 2 or try to have someone join in to buy the 2nd one.
Here is some detail of the unit, any input is welcome such as what you think about the PAR reading, functions or if it is worth the MSRP they suggest.
The MSRP for the unit is $790.00 Cdn without tax and if someone want to join in for this purchase, the cost for only this time would be $550 Cdn, it inlcudes the shipping,Duty and tax. I am willing to ship the unit to anywhere in Canada but the shiping from Vancouver and to your location would be extra $25.00 Cdn
Comes with timer , remote hanging bracket and light stand. All controller are built-in and you can link multiple unit with CAT5 cable. It would also comes with 1 year warranty.

PS:I crossed out the model and the company name just base on the forum policy

The LED spec is a bit small even when I am raeding it on my 27" monitor so I will type it out again
Total Watts is 144w
fixture length is 24"
White LED 2*35w
Blue LED 20*3w 450-465NM Bridgelux chip
Blue LED(I think they meant moon light) 4*3w 470-485nm CREE
Violet LED 6*3w
Red LED 3*3w
Geen LED 3*3w
Orange LED 2*3w

Yes the total amount of the LED should comes more than the 144w, I have talked to them and the reason why it is 144w is because their current driver is running a lower current thru so the LEDs are not at max out output. It has the protential to reach 200W in the future but as for now it is only 144w.

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/oyf709/ZP3600-Spec-2.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/oyf709/ZP3600-PAR-2.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/oyf709/ZP3600-Spectrum-1.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww66/oyf709/ZP3600-Timer-1.jpg

Again any input about the light is welcome, I would rather not to spend that money to test it if most ppl think it is not worth it at all. Thank uuuu~~~!!!!:razz:

Psyire
10-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Is this light controllable apart from the timer? ie. customizable?

oyf709
10-12-2012, 02:50 AM
The info I got says it is fully customizable. Here is some side notes from the company.

local area network by one master
control by master
More than 1180000 lighting effects
1.Timer setting
dawn,sunrise,daytime,sunset,nighttime.
2.32 level adjust for led(white,blue,RGB,violet)
3.simulate clouds moving,
4.simulate lightning.
5.RGB
6.DEMO for one day effect.
7.oC/oF temperature show
8.12/24 hour clock

Davidbugera
10-12-2012, 02:01 PM
If u were in Calgary I would be on this like a fat kid on cake

sphelps
10-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Before anyone jumps on this consider the usable amount of LEDs in this fixture, 70W of white along with 50W R-blue and 10W Blue is a poor ratio. You'll run the whites quite low as result using closer to 40W so it's a really a 100W fixture. That's now pretty comparable to the Vega which also uses better LEDs, better optics, can be upgraded, will have local warranty support, better control, and cost less. The fact the fixture may be capable of 200W means nothing, the driver provided is 144W and this company releases new fixtures every couple months to copy the latest and greatest trends, they don't offer upgrade kits.

oyf709
10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
as I mention, whoever want to try it is welcome and I do offer $25 flat shipping to anywhere in Canada. And to be honest, I also have questions about the fixture and that is why I am only wanted one to try it. However, if I get enough fedd back on the fixture is not worth it at all base on the info they posted, will just forward these feed back to the company and ask them adjust watever the MSRP they are asking.

As far as for running at 100w, I am not sure what you mean by that, the total watts comes up to about 200w, and it is already running at 144w, would you mine to explain a bit more? Thank you so much

monocus
10-12-2012, 04:09 PM
i bought a unit thats 3' long using 72 3watt leds for $640 delivered.it has all the same bells and whistles of this unit except for the 1 watt leds,and all the leds are cree.if your ever out my way in burnaby your welcome to come see the unit

sphelps
10-12-2012, 04:24 PM
As far as for running at 100w, I am not sure what you mean by that, the total watts comes up to about 200w, and it is already running at 144w, would you mine to explain a bit more? Thank you so much

The specs are right there on the sheet:

35W x 2 white
2.5W x 20 RB
2.5W x 4 B
1W x 6 V
1W x 3 Red
1W x 3 Green
1W x 2 Orange

= 144W total as also specified. The fact the LEDs can handle more power means nothing since the driver isn't there to back it up. Hence the fixture is 144W not 200W.

Next consider what's actually usable, 70W of white is useless with only 50W RB and 10W blue. Typical ratios for people like to use are 1:2 (white:blue/RB). So with 60W RB+B it's unlikely anyone will run whites more than 30W-40W power. That adds up to 100W max usable power. Didn't count 6W of violet cause that won't do ****, Reds, greens and orange is pure effect.

Looking at Vega it comes with something very close to the right ratio of white:blue and runs around 100W so pretty comparable except it's better in every way and cost less :lol:
That's all I was saying

oyf709
10-12-2012, 04:29 PM
i bought a unit thats 3' long using 72 3watt leds for $640 delivered.it has all the same bells and whistles of this unit except for the 1 watt leds,and all the leds are cree.if your ever out my way in burnaby your welcome to come see the unit

ok, I replied it late and saw ur info Thanks!!!

oyf709
10-12-2012, 04:33 PM
The specs are right there on the sheet:

35W x 2 white
2.5W x 20 RB
2.5W x 4 B
1W x 6 V
1W x 3 Red
1W x 3 Green
1W x 2 Orange

= 144W total as also specified. The fact the LEDs can handle more power means nothing since the driver isn't there to back it up. Hence the fixture is 144W not 200W.

Next consider what's actually usable, 70W of white is useless with only 50W RB and 10W blue. Typical ratios for people like to use are 1:2 (white:blue/RB). So with 60W RB+B it's unlikely anyone will run whites more than 30W-40W power. That adds up to 100W max usable power. Didn't count 6W of violet cause that won't do ****, Reds, greens and orange is pure effect.

Looking at Vega it comes with something very close to the right ratio of white:blue and runs around 100W so pretty comparable except it's better in every way and cost less :lol:
That's all I was saying

oh no don't get me wrong, I am not mad at ppl bashing at the light I am posting lol, that is actually what I want to hear. The reason is the company has set their mind to want ppl here in NA to match the cost in Europe and from waht I kno Italian selling LED fixtures 2x the rate in NA and they complaint about ppl from Italy to shop overseas.

sphelps
10-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm not bashing it, more so saying the pricing is out to lunch. Don't want people here to get suckered into what they may believe to be a good deal.

oyf709
10-12-2012, 05:00 PM
oh no I never said it is a good deal, some people willing to try it and that would be their rights, however, even if someone wanna try it and I see problem in this, I might end up declined this myself. Like I said, I never use this model and the company thinking to sell it like a brand name unit kinda make me feel it might not work out in this market at all. So I am more interest to hear the feed back if it is worth the cost and even the MSRP.

sphelps
10-12-2012, 05:08 PM
So it's not a good deal.... Why on earth would anyone want to try something that is obviously an overpriced knock off of name brand fixtures like AI, Ecotech, & GHL? It makes no sense, "yes I would like to pay more for less".

oyf709
10-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Ya i posted on the forum that they sponsored and listed AI and ecotech as reference. I have been getting some feedback alrdy. And once I have got enough will ask them to check out the forum. As for now, more feed back is welcome.