EmilyB
04-20-2004, 07:07 AM
Maybe it's time to recruit some new sponsors to the board... :confused:

LostMind
04-20-2004, 07:19 AM
Pourquoi?

Quinn
04-20-2004, 07:22 AM
"Je pense qu'elle veut dire" that the current sponsor banner (singular) has been there for a long time. :razz:

LostMind
04-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Hmmm.

Are you guys sick of reefcrew banner? :P

There are not many online stores in Canada. We don't have the online following the US does. I doubt we'll get much in the way of sponsors on this board because there are really only a few online suppliers...

Am I incorrect?

EmilyB
04-20-2004, 07:38 AM
:lol:

Actually, isn't it a good thing to sponsor a board when you are actively promoting your sales on here ? :confused:

StirCrazy
04-20-2004, 11:27 AM
:lol:

Actually, isn't it a good thing to sponsor a board when you are actively promoting your sales on here ? :confused:

the problem with sponcers is that Canreef its self is a storefront. not to many people want to sponcer another store. If you look at the boards that run with several sponcers they themselves are in no way a store so it doesent conflict with the sponcers.

Steve

titus
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Hello,

Steve has a good point. Though I wonder how much attention we get from sponsors even if the Store is taken down.

Titus

Aquattro
04-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Though I wonder how much attention we get from sponsors even if the Store is taken down.

Titus

Well, since pretty much every store around has been dragged thru the mud here, I'm not sure they're real interested in sponsoring us. In fact, I bet they would pay to shut us down! :razz:

UnderWorldAquatics
04-20-2004, 05:04 PM
now that sound about right on the money....lol

whaase
04-21-2004, 12:58 AM
Maybe UnderWorldAquatics could sponsor? :biggrin:

Walter

Aquattro
04-21-2004, 01:06 AM
Maybe UnserWorldAquatics could sponsor? :biggrin:

Good idea! We hardly ever say bad things about them!! How about it Kyle? :lol:

StirCrazy
04-21-2004, 02:05 AM

not for at least two weeks now :mrgreen:

Steve

Quinn
04-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Vendors wouldn't have much motivation to pay to advertise. This board isn't big enough for someone to see their ad and not see the review/report threads. Plus they have the Vendor Announcement thread. In other words, any publicity is good publicity. :neutral: Just my opinion.

UnderWorldAquatics
04-21-2004, 03:17 AM

not for at least two weeks now :mrgreen:

Steve

Dammit Steve, you made me spit up my BEER!!!!!!!!!!
I dont like to waste beer......

Actually I have been thinking about doing exactly that, we will actually be advertising on as many forums as possible once the website goes up, we will be pushing the scratchproof acrylic tanks alot, as well as our custom fiberglass work, cylinder tanks will soon be in the homes of the average working joe.... also we have setup a US based warehouse for drygoods, our customers seem to like the prices

theshad
05-02-2004, 03:05 PM
I am glad to see this post. The fact that some of you have noticed that our banner has been running on this board for a while means that you have noticed that we support this board.

I do have to agree with some of the comments about other stores. Reef Crew does not directly compete with the board for sales nor do we compete with other vendors.

Our main reason for becoming a sponsor was simple, we wanted to make sure those in the west know who we are. Secondly although this may not be the biggest board in Canada it serves a very specific market (Western Canada) and we wanted to make sure that we support the hobby and the boards that make this hobby what it is equally.

Maybe it is time for us to change our banner so you have something a bit different to look at.

titus
05-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Hello,

Speaking of the number of online vendors and size of the board, it reminds me of how Bill Gates used to say no PC needs more than a few Ks of RAM.

I remember a few years back when the only online forum around was MOPS (at least they are they only one I can remember), some local reefers said we will not be close to the size of the US boards. Well,.... I agreed and to this date I still do not think we will be super huge given our reefer population size and demographic.

However, there has been no doubt in my mind and to some of us also, that we will grow relatively fast. Given what we have observed, there are now many online vendors and forums that are Canadian based. For example, when I first knew of JL, they were more of a home based business ran by John and Lise. Then Allen joined, and now they are like the de facto standard in Canadian supply. Same applies to various other online retailers. And now even the retail stores are going to the online scene.

And for Canreef, while there has been no increase in business activitiy :eek: we saw our member count and discussion activity multiply fast :lol:. The other day I was talking to a new friend of mine and she said her boyfriend is always on Canreef every day. :mrgreen: So we will never know how big this will get. But the bigger the merrier.

As for the store for Canreef, it doesn't really matter financially speaking weather or not it is there. On an average year, there may be a few orders. After material and various other expenses, I will be suprised that we can break even. But because originally Canreef was started to make calcium reactors, I'd like to see the store be left there in its place. What I actually rather to see is to only list the products here as a manufacturer, and have them sold by real retailers.

Speaking of orders, low volume is always going to be the case for expensive orders such as calcium reactors and custom sumps and the like, and there are absolutely no reason of why the equipment list can not grow and take on the other brand names such as Precision Marine and Lifereef. Having said that, I'd much rather keep the volume low, do a good job of anything made, and spend more time visiting this board and read on the discussions. Don't get me wrong, more orders are always welcome. However, it is not something that I have planned or wanted to spend too much time to make happen.

One thing for sure, some have speculated in the past that Canreef will go under. Well, I didn't think so. And I don't think it'd ever happen. :cool:

Titus