PDA

View Full Version : frags

danny zubot
04-19-2004, 09:11 PM
I have a small green candy coral and 3 snakeskin corals I wish to trade. Is anyone interested? :lol:

AJ_77
04-19-2004, 09:53 PM
What are you looking to get for yourself, Danny? Never know what might turn up...

danny zubot
04-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Just anything new and exiting! Preferably something that can live in medium light, Mine is lacking at this point.

Quinn
04-19-2004, 10:56 PM
What's a snakeskin coral?

danny zubot
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
Similar to green star polips only the individual tenicle strands are longer, and the average growth rate is faster. They really do a nice job of filtering your water and don't require any fancy lighting. I will be using them in my refugium insted of macro algae. If I had a camera I'd post a pic, sorry!

Bob I
04-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Similar to green star polips only the individual tenicle strands are longer, and the average growth rate is faster. They really do a nice job of filtering your water and don't require any fancy lighting. I will be using them in my refugium insted of macro algae. If I had a camera I'd post a pic, sorry!

Do you have anything in the way of a Latin name for that Snakeskin Coral :question:
I have the odd softie if you want it. I have a couple of Toadstool Leathers, a few zoos, some Brown and some Green Digitata. :mrgreen:

Quinn
04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
A photo or a latin name would be excellent. :smile: I've never heard of a coral that can be used for nutrient export. Where do you buy it, and where did you find out it's useful in such a role?

danny zubot
04-20-2004, 04:27 PM
I can certainly try to find a latin name and/or picture from reef central. Its called snake skin because it will kreep from one rock to the next in strands, making it very easy to frag.My friend bought it at Wai's about 3 months ago, I don't know if its rare or not but I haven't seen it any where else since, it has doubled in size in that time. We discovered its filtering capablilities buy accident really, its just a very good filter feeder, clearing hazy water etc. As for trading, I would really like to try zoos or digita, we should set something up!

AJ_77
04-20-2004, 05:39 PM
Fluorescent green, longer strands than GSP, grows arms instead of a mat? This is the stuff Evan had in his refugium I think; a few of us must have some by now.

Great stuff, I like it a lot. Grows well, easy to frag as you say, and doesn't become a plague like GSP can. It doesn't seem to adhere the same way - you can peel it up and move the whole mass around quite easily. I think Evan had a large octopus of the stuff, must have been around 30cm or so across...

They also had a big chunk of it at Gold a while back, calling it some bizarre name (can't remember). Didn't it pop up on the J&L website lately as well? Anyways, the colour is amazing, and it is superior to GSP.

:biggrin:

Delphinus
04-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Just as an aside, Calfo talks about using aiptasia (even) as a means of nutrient export. I actually want to try this some day.