PDA

View Full Version : clown host in frogspawn ?

cityreefer
10-06-2012, 02:13 AM
has anyone ever had clown host in frogspawn? anything that would encourage it ?

Reef_Geek
10-06-2012, 02:17 AM
yes, I also have clowns living in my Euphyllia. See thread:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89797

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Personally, I've seen more Euphyllias get damaged from hosting clowns than actually "enjoy" the attention.

I have a pair hosting an Aussie elegance, but its big enough to withstand the constant attention.

rhody605
10-06-2012, 02:31 AM
In my experience, my clowns have destroyed several of my lps. Torch, hammer and a frogspawn. Even though they also host my 10" rbta. They host anything and everything in my tank.

So be careful what you wish for.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daniella3d
10-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Why would you want to do that? corals are not host to fish, it's detrimental to them.

Get your clownfish an anemone, either a bubbletip or a sebea and they will be much happier.

My first clownfish would only host my duncan wich nearly died and I had to sell those clownfish as they would not host anemones.

I then bought a couple of black ice tank raised clownfish and they host my sebae and a bit of time they spend in the duncan but they are gentle with it so it still thrive. They are more and more in the anemone and less in the duncan.

They tried a few time to go in my long tentacles plate coral (very bad) and I had to spook them off and they did not return to it. Hopefull they will stay away from it as they would kill it very quickly.

has anyone ever had clown host in frogspawn? anything that would encourage it ?

cityreefer
10-08-2012, 02:16 AM
thank you for the info i did not know that they could do damage to the coral.