PDA

View Full Version : Probido-what can it do for me?

Nano
10-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Well where to start.

As some of you may have been reading in some of my recent threads I've been having minor issues with slow growth and browned out sps. After a few months of playing around with flow/lighting I haven't seen and change. I have noticed that some sps that shouldn't glow under actinics glows quite well in my tank :P so I have come to the conclusion that the zoox they are displaying is more from nutrients then lights and flow as said I have tried to lower and raise the lights, and same with flow. It's just recently that I have been looking into zeo and probido, however after measuring the sump as well as my wallet, zeo is not going to be an option at this time.

I have been reading aquadigitals probido thread and it seems this could be a more tailored to my needs. Anyone have any tips, opinions or experiences with probido? I would like to get this color back and the growth going again. I thought maybe my RO filters were bad, so I bought a tds meter and it comes out clean at 2ppm (at least that's what I think I'm reading) and last time I flushed the filters it was 0 so any help is appreciated as always thanks everyone.

Proteus
10-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Ken I've been using it for over a year. Would not go with out.

It may not seem like you see a difference. But it really does. I've seen tanks that stopped using it and its devastating. For a tank your size it's only 200 bucks a year give or take

I use bioptim and biodigest. Once in a while I use the reef booster. As for strontium and alk I dose seperate. Before us ring I was cleaning every couple days. But after the six weeks you will notice how much less matanince.

cale262
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I used it for a little more than a year before switching to ZEO, worked well for a twice a month dosing system... I still have a unused nano kit if you want to try it, I paid $60, yours for $40, it's six weeks worth for your cube.

Nano
10-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks cale I'll keep it in mind

Nano
10-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Bump for the night owls

reefgirl189
10-05-2012, 02:41 AM
We have used it here for about 9 months now. I've noticed good results and will continue using it.

mr_alberta
10-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Prodibio is a decent ULN system. Its much more forgiving than zeo is, so it is great for people who don't have a lot of time to tweak or space to run the reactor.

Having used it myself for a short while I did notice a slight improvement in colors and growth in my sps corals.

However, if you want the crazy pastel colors and the like, it won't come close to what zeo can do.

However, since you have a mixed type reef, an ULN system may not be for you as some corals need the higher nitrate levels to grow and thrive.

That being said, there are various additives out there you can use without having to go with a full zeo or prodibio system. KZ coral vitalizer, reef fuel, sponge power, etc will still help without using the full system.

Nano
10-05-2012, 03:06 AM
Thanks Harvey, I'm mostly looking to bring the colors up by bringing the zoox down so to speak. I understand (i think) that this means in my case that I need to lower the nutrients? I am slowly getting rid of the softies any way and trying to go full sps with the odd zoa mixed in. I realize zoas like nitrates etc but i have 0 in my system and they still do well.

Do you carry probido and alike in the store Harvey? I may be up on the weekend if your in store?