PDA

View Full Version : LF: Wooden Airstones in Calgary

Ross
10-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Has anyone seen wooden air stones for sale around Calgary lately?
I'm looking at DIYing a nano skimmer and need micro bubbles.

riceboy
10-04-2012, 05:12 PM
i think ocean creation had some last time i was there

Enigma
10-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I've seen them at Pisces (I'm incredibly PO'd at them right now, so I hate to direct any business their way). They were in the aisle with the regular air stones and air tubing.

Ross
10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
I've seen them at Pisces (I'm incredibly PO'd at them right now, so I hate to direct any business their way). They were in the aisle with the regular air stones and air tubing.

I try not to support them as much as possible, but they are the only place in Calgary that carries freshwater plants...

Pehaps i'll hit up a windsor plywood and buy some wood and DIY them.

Enigma
10-04-2012, 07:17 PM
I try not to support them as much as possible, but they are the only place in Calgary that carries freshwater plants...

Pehaps i'll hit up a windsor plywood and buy some wood and DIY them.

They're the only place I've been able to find where I can get my dog's food and my bunny's hay. And, they're close to my house.

Here's a little DIY tutorial for making the wooden air stones:
http://benkrasnow.blogspot.ca/2010/05/diy-making-wooden-airstones-for.html

mrhasan
10-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I hate pisces too. They are just awfully lot expensive compared to all others :|

Nate
10-04-2012, 10:30 PM
This is shaping up to be a vendor review... Good bye thread

sphelps
10-04-2012, 10:47 PM
I was starting to like Pisces again as the manager agreed to sell me a 55 gallon tank for a sale price that didn't start until the following week. I thought that was pretty decent of them and then I got home and realized they put a 46 gallon in the car :mad:

Sorry couldn't resist

mrhasan
10-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I was starting to like Pisces again as the manager agreed to sell me a 55 gallon tank for a sale price that didn't start until the following week. I thought that was pretty decent of them and then I got home and realized they put a 46 gallon in the car :mad:

Sorry couldn't resist

:neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral:

jagermaier
10-04-2012, 10:54 PM
How many do you need? I have at least 2 dozen of them.