PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Xenia

Seth
04-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Anyone have any xenia they wanna get rid off?
I would like a piece. :biggrin:

marie
04-18-2004, 05:26 PM
If you wanted to take a trip to powell river I could probably fill your tank with the stuff :rolleyes:

Tropical Paradise
04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
hey Kevin,

take my advice, don't get Xenia...now, if you want some green star polyp....you can have some.. :mrgreen:

Seth
04-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey Tropical Paradise!

I would like some green star polyps too! I'll come over to check out your tank after the 26th when my exams are done!

Get some frags ready for me! :biggrin:

robbyville
04-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Hi Seth,

Do you ever get out to Whistler? If so I have some Xenia for you, I don't think that I'd feel comfortable shipping it though.

Otherwise I can let you know when I next plan on being in Vancouver and could meet you with it. Chances are though that it won't be for a couple of weeks.

Rob

Samw
04-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey Tropical Paradise!

I would like some green star polyps too! I'll come over to check out your tank after the 26th when my exams are done!

Get some frags ready for me! :biggrin:

Seth, are you sure you want these 'weeds'? I thought you have an SPS tank? I wish I never put GSP in my tank. It grows fast and is hard to stop. I'm now having to start placing frogspawn frags strategically on the GSPs to kill it.

Seth
04-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey robbyville
Thanks for the offer but driving up to whislter is a bit too far for me :)
Thanks anyway!

Sam, I need some moving stuff in my tank. Everything is stationary and is getting boring :)
I'll try to isolate the GSP to a rock and let it grow there.
I'll come by tonight, thanks!

Tropical Paradise
04-19-2004, 07:02 AM
I wish I never put GSP in my tank. It grows fast and is hard to stop.

GSP grows fast in my tank and you really have to isolate it from any other corals. IME, I found them to be very posionous. You have to control them before they control everything else.

:mrgreen:

Samw
04-19-2004, 07:25 AM
GSP grows fast in my tank and you really have to isolate it from any other corals. IME, I found them to be very posionous. You have to control them before they control everything else.

:mrgreen:

:smile: That's right. I thought maybe my Alveopora could 'sting' the GSP so I leaned it up against the GSP. But the GSP killed the touching part of the Alveopora. Next up, Frogspawn vs GSP. I hope the Frogspawn can win.