PDA

View Full Version : IceCap 660

Jaws
04-18-2004, 07:29 AM
I know that it says on JL's website that you're only supposed to use 4 or less lamps on the IceCap 660 ballast up to four feet each, but could you use six two foot lamps or is that unheard of? I'm just trying to decide whether or not to go with 4 three foot actinics or 6 two foot actinics to simulate dusk and dawn. Any suggestions?

Oh and by the way:

CANUCKS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANUCKS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack
04-18-2004, 07:46 AM
4 bulbs or less up to 16' of bulb for an Icecap 660.

Bryan
04-18-2004, 08:05 AM
Give IceCap a e-mail. I asked them this once and they said they have successfully used up to 20 + feet of bulb on the 660. Do so at your own risk though.

Jaws
04-18-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm still going to be using less than 16 feet of lamps (6 bulbs times two feet each) but i'll be using 6 lamps instead four. Any other comments on if that would not work?