PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! green star polyps issue

acepumping
10-02-2012, 04:10 AM
URGENT!
hey all my parameters are perfectly fine. but my green star polyps will not open.. they were doin so well too
salinty is .025
i recently started dosing with brightwells carbon reef fuel and micro bac 7
cold that be part of the problem???
i dont see any bugs on them.

ScubaSteve
10-02-2012, 04:48 AM
How long ago did you start dosing? What's your dosing schedule?

Sometimes when you are switching over to a bacterial system some corals go through an adjustment period. Just make sure you are starting slow so that you don't drop your levels too fast. Soft corals tend to enjoy nitrates in the water. If you take those nitrates away too fast you can **** them off.

FitoPharmer
10-02-2012, 04:59 AM
How long have they been closed for? I have had GSP and many other corals close up for a month or more with no ill effects.

Northernseacorals
10-02-2012, 05:40 AM
IF your salinity is .025 I'd say you are low mate.

reefwars
10-02-2012, 06:50 AM
How long have they been closed for? I have had GSP and many other corals close up for a month or more with no ill effects.

+1 it does it all the time:)

acepumping
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
hey. i think salinity is pefect 1.025 is ok. i usually have 1.026 but the corals love it better at .025.. as for the nitrates, they were wayy too high so i did a 30% change and continued to dose.
i started dosing 2 weeks ago and they were fine for te first week. my nitrates have not started to drop
yet. i started pellets about 5 days ago and will continue to dose until i see a bit of a change in nitrates with out doing another water change, then i will stop carbon dosing and continue still with microbac 7..
it seems to
me that some diatoms were building on it so i gave a lit scrub on it. i have 4 diff sections of gsp. most r closed acouple are open, thats what disnt make sense. lol
btw, i started at 100 ml of pellets, very slowly going to add. my
net water volume is 65 gal with sump and all.

one thing i dont get is how do you know when your pellets are reducing to smaller amounts haha
when do i add more after they are been eating away

JCharles
10-04-2012, 05:22 PM
hey. i think salinity is pefect 1.025 is ok. i usually have 1.026 but the corals love it better at .025.. as for the nitrates, they were wayy too high so i did a 30% change and continued to dose.
i started dosing 2 weeks ago and they were fine for te first week. my nitrates have not started to drop
yet. i started pellets about 5 days ago and will continue to dose until i see a bit of a change in nitrates with out doing another water change, then i will stop carbon dosing and continue still with microbac 7..
it seems to
me that some diatoms were building on it so i gave a lit scrub on it. i have 4 diff sections of gsp. most r closed acouple are open, thats what disnt make sense. lol
btw, i started at 100 ml of pellets, very slowly going to add. my
net water volume is 65 gal with sump and all.

one thing i dont get is how do you know when your pellets are reducing to smaller amounts haha
when do i add more after they are been eating away

I wouldn't mess with them too much, like above I've had them close up for a while then open up fine.