PDA

View Full Version : Good mid sized tank ?

Acipenser
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
yesterday I was at King Ed looking for stuff for my Nano build and made the mistake of going outside where the awesome stuff hides - The local's will know what I am talking about, tanks upon tanks and stands upon stands ! Maybe one day they will have a garage sale ?

Any way I have been planning on setting up a 50G I have had sitting around for a while, when I saw a couple of tanks that I thought would make a decent mid sized setups - everything from the 75g corner drilled to the 120g all 4 footers the other tank I quite thought would be a good reefer was the 30"x30" cube. I have a spot in mind that can accommodate a 6 footer but don't want to get into anything more than a 125g . I am looking to have a softies tank with a few reef safe fish - maybe a couple of pairs of designer clowns .

naesco
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
yesterday I was at King Ed looking for stuff for my Nano build and made the mistake of going outside where the awesome stuff hides - The local's will know what I am talking about, tanks upon tanks and stands upon stands ! Maybe one day they will have a garage sale ?

Any way I have been planning on setting up a 50G I have had sitting around for a while, when I saw a couple of tanks that I thought would make a decent mid sized setups - everything from the 75g corner drilled to the 120g all 4 footers the other tank I quite thought would be a good reefer was the 30"x30" cube. I have a spot in mind that can accommodate a 6 footer but don't want to get into anything more than a 125g . I am looking to have a softies tank with a few reef safe fish - maybe a couple of pairs of designer clowns .

Go with your gut and go for the 6 footer.
With a four footer it will only be a matter of time when you move up anyway. You get to keep more variety of larger fish and you get to keep tangs of course.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I agree. If you're already thinking about upgrading, then skip the expensive middle step and just make the jump. In your heart, you probably know that this is going to happen sooner rather than later so it saves you spending on a 4' upgrade and then having to resell everything that is undersized and won't handle a 6' upgrade. If you weren't already thinking about/talking about your next upgrade, then I would go with a 4' 120g. But since you are already looking ahead, save yourself some time, money & aggravation (from having to sell things off when you upgrade).

Anthony