PDA

View Full Version : Yellow watchman gobys.

ogopogo
09-28-2012, 05:40 PM
So my YWG let of a clutch of babies last night, I guess they were a mated pair, who knew!
So my question is, how can I keep these alive?
I syphoned out as many as I could, Put them in a 5 gallon tank with an air stone dialed way back, a small heater keeping the tank at 78f.
Planning to do a small maybe 3/4 gallon water change a day, Just take the water from my main tank? Or add straight new water? I would assume from the display tank would be less stressful for them?
Im feeding them live rotifers right now, How often and how much should I be feeding them a day? I put about 3-4 ounces of live rotifers in last night (from a friends culture) and another 3-4 this morning.
And finally, what are the chances I can keep these little fellas alive? They all survived the night so I guess thats a start. The little bit that I found online said if you can make them survive past the 4 day mark you are usually in the clear.
Thanks guys!

Northernseacorals
09-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Congratulations !

I hope you have luck with them :mrgreen:

coolhandgoose
09-28-2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-12/ft/index.php

Some good info which you've probably already read. Sounds like rotifers are too big to feed at first.

Good luck.

ogopogo
09-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah I have read that Rotifers may be to big I hope not its the only live food I have access too. I'll keep posted on how they are doing from what I've read if they survive to day 4 they should be good

ogopogo
10-03-2012, 01:57 AM
A little update on my babies, Today is day 5, I have roughly 20-30 left alive out of the original 300 or so. From all of my readings after about the 4th day is your "safe zone" so I hope that means these last ones will be the troopers that live it out!
I've been keeping the temperature at a steady 78.F
Salinity at 1.025
Feeding 3 times a day of live rotifers
And have been doing daily water changes on the tank with an airstone to keep the water moving but not strong enough that the fish get tossed around in there new tank.

coolhandgoose
10-03-2012, 03:36 AM
That's great news. Post some pics of your progress. :biggrin:

Leah
10-03-2012, 01:40 PM
So exciting! Keep us posted and pics would be awesome. :biggrin: