PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with my Marineland Double Bright LED fixture??

Timbits
09-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Hi all,

For the past few days my Marineland Double Bright LED fixture has been acting strange. It is on a timer and has been working well for the past year or so until a few days ago when it didn't turn on when it's supposed to. Played with the switches and nothing. But then it turned on later the day. and its been doing this for the past few days.

it doesn't turn on when its supposed to but will turn on sometime later during the day and will stay on until the timer goes off.

and its not the timer because i have another light on it and that one is working just fine.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my light? Please help me this is very frustrating. Thanks in advance!

Enigma
09-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry . . . Read your post wrong. Reply deleted.

monocus
09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
easy -it's a marine land.i have better built Chinese leds.sounds like the driver is going.check for stray voltage in your tank or you could have a bad connection to your circuit in the light

Nano
09-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Lol was wondering when some one would say that.
I +1 to that, I havent heard anything good about them and aside from drivers goingyou hear a lot about single or multiple lights going on them or flickering.

cale262
09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Still under warranty, No?

monocus
09-28-2012, 06:54 PM
i have one now(not working-dropped it in my tank during a water change) and i've been thinking about ripping it apart and putting new drivers,leds and a couple of fans-if its worth it.well i might be able to use the adapter for something

Timbits
09-28-2012, 11:59 PM
I think the one year warranty is up :sad:

The LEDs doesn't flicker, all of them work... I never dropped the light it was working perfectly fine then the next day this......

I don't understand what's going on though, the driver still can light up the LEDs and the LEDs all work and don't flicker.

How come it's not lighting up when I want it to? :twised:

monocus
09-29-2012, 12:30 AM
sounds like a loose conection

Timbits
09-29-2012, 01:47 AM
But if it's loose, how come it lights up later without me touching it...

BlueWorldAquatic
09-29-2012, 02:44 AM
it doesn't turn on when its supposed to but will turn on sometime later during the day and will stay on until the timer goes off.

and its not the timer because i have another light on it and that one is working just fine.

has to be timer

if the timer is "off" there is no power going to the outlet. So if the light is "on" when the timer is "off" where is the power coming from?

Timer 100%

is it a mechanical timer or digital one? did you switch the pugs in the outlets?

htfn
09-29-2012, 04:52 AM
I was using digital timer and had a same problem. I switched to pins timer and works fine. I also think that is timer problem.

The Guy
09-29-2012, 07:34 AM
I was using digital timer and had a same problem. I switched to pins timer and works fine. I also think that is timer problem.I agree, get rid of the digital timer, mine messed up and I put a mechanical timer bar on, problem solved.

Timbits
09-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Nono guys sorry my post might have been confusing,

Let me try again,

1.Timer goes on,
2.Light still off.
3.5 hrs later ............ Light goes on
4.Timer turns off
5.Light turns off.

Strange eh? Light was working perfectly fine before and it's NOT the timer, I have another light on the same timer and that ones fine.

And I do have a mechanical timer not digital.

BlueWorldAquatic
09-29-2012, 02:34 PM
have you tested the light in a wall outlet direct, and have it "NOT" go on?

The marineland fixtures are quite simple on the inside, and should not turn on after a few hours, sounds like a loose connection in the switch or where it plugs in.

Also look around for another AC adapter, could possible be that then.

Timbits
09-29-2012, 02:43 PM
have you tested the light in a wall outlet direct, and have it "NOT" go on?

The marineland fixtures are quite simple on the inside, and should not turn on after a few hours, sounds like a loose connection in the switch or where it plugs in.

Also look around for another AC adapter, could possible be that then.

No I haven't :redface: hehe I'll try that later

Can I use any ac adapter?

BlueWorldAquatic
09-29-2012, 03:03 PM
just look on the AC adapter.

It'll tell you what the output is, find one as close as possible to that. Marineland lights usually have a tolerance of +/- 100mA

How long is your LED light?