PDA

View Full Version : Reeflo pumps

jagermaier
09-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Does anyone know where to buy seals for the Reeflo Snapper/Dart Hybred pump? My first pump was only 8 months old when the impeller SS seal started to leak then burnt out my pump, I contacted Reeflo and they sent me out a rebuilt pump and after 1 month of use the damn seal is leaking again!! POS!! I really do not want to deal with Reeflo again as it took over 6 weeks for them to send me the POS rebuilt one and then made me send my initial one back at my expense!! I bought it at J&L Aquatics online and they said they do not carry the seals there. Has anyone else had trouble with the seals leaking on their Reeflo pumps?

Sure it comes with a three year warranty, but when it costs $40 to ship the damn thing back every three months...it's useless!!

intarsiabox
09-23-2012, 08:05 PM
I don't have a reeflo pump myself but I'm guessing it is a regular mechanical seal. Pump suppliers carry lots of different seals and could probably match one up for you. I use Superior Pump here in Edmonton, not sure what is around in Calgary though.

Northernseacorals
09-23-2012, 08:48 PM
You can send Brian a email; he should be able to help you out.

Brian Maldonado
MDM, Inc.,
Sales/Tech Support
800.447.8342 Ext: 220
866.425.1346 Fax
brian@mdminc.com
www.mdminc.com

jagermaier
09-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't have a reeflo pump myself but I'm guessing it is a regular mechanical seal. Pump suppliers carry lots of different seals and could probably match one up for you. I use Superior Pump here in Edmonton, not sure what is around in Calgary though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Has anyone bought seals for this pump locally?

jagermaier
09-23-2012, 08:59 PM
You can send Brian a email; he should be able to help you out.

Brian Maldonado
MDM, Inc.,
Sales/Tech Support
800.447.8342 Ext: 220
866.425.1346 Fax
brian@mdminc.com
www.mdminc.com (http://www.mdminc.com)

Thanks, I will see if he can do anything better for me.

bkelly
09-23-2012, 11:55 PM
ive had to get mine through reeflow - they got the blowhole web page and will ship to canada

jagermaier
09-24-2012, 12:04 AM
ive had to get mine through reeflow - they got the blowhole web page and will ship to canada

Did you have the impeller seal prematurely go on you too? How long did it last before you had to replace it?

Cal_stir
09-24-2012, 12:13 AM
It's a common mechanical seal, you should be able to one at an electric motor rebuilder, John Crane sells them, I'm sure there is one in Calgary and probably 1/4 the price, I have 2 reeflo pumps and haven't had a problem with either, sounds like you might be sucking up some grit to fail the seals that quickly.

The Grizz
09-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Send Chris @ Reeflo an email, he will hook you up for sure. Great guy to deal with.

jagermaier
09-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Send Chris @ Reeflo an email, he will hook you up for sure. Great guy to deal with.

Thanks Greg.