PDA

View Full Version : did i do wrong?

mytank90
09-22-2012, 08:51 PM
today i was out getting food for my snakes from local pet store when a lady in the store asked me about salt water tanks and if i thought the store was chargeing to much .the store told her and her kids that salt was easy and you could buy everthing including fish on the same day .the store was trying to sell her a 77 gallon tank /light /skimmer/rock /test kits /and over 400.00 in fish all at once .i told her not to get fish but the rest of stuff was ok .the guy in store got mad at me and told me never to return <no prblem >the lady i was talking to ended up leaving with me and not buying .outside i told her to try other places in calgay or try here or kijiji if she still wantd a tank

Coralgurl
09-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I would say that was the best thing you could have done for her and her potential livestock. And if that's how the store treated you I would gladly never return. Good for you for speaking up!

Aquattro
09-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Good job. Bad store.

Myka
09-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I would have done the same thing. Is it a box store? If so, send an email to the company (do it online rather than directly to the local store where they could snuff it out).

Nano
09-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Yup good work. It's people like that, that give the hobby a bad name. Good on you

daniella3d
09-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Best thing to do. Worst place to buy from.

Was it the owner of the store or some employe?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Sleep well my friend for you have saved the lives of $400+ worth of fish & livestock that would have died if you had kept your mouth shut. As the others have stated, send a note to head office explaining what happened.

Ross
09-23-2012, 03:17 AM
Got to love the mentality of some stores.
You did the right thing.

Hopefully this store is one of the ones regularly doing this and not the decent ones sinking to their level to get a big sale.

My "favorite" is one store that has signs all over the place telling of the nitrogen cycle and then completly disregarding telling customers that its not that bad and all live stock can survive it.

mrhasan
09-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Thumbs up for doing the right thing :)