PDA

View Full Version : Best setting for small nano - MP10WES

FishyFishy!
09-20-2012, 01:31 PM
I just put a MP10WES on my Fluval Edge Nano. Seems cool, but i'm not sure what setting to use. I just put it on about 1/4 power on EcoSmart TSM setting.

Corals were kinda ticked off last night, but we'll see how they are doing this morning. I'm also experiencing no sand storm! whoooo!

So what settings do you use on your Nano's?

Enigma
09-20-2012, 02:12 PM
I use my two mp10s @ 20% in "lagoonal" mode on my 40b. My euphyllias and mushies really object if I go higher than that. I don't have a whole lot of rock in it, and there really aren't any areas with lower flow then the rest of the display. The setting I've got them on keeps food nicely suspended and moving around the tank.

My SPS aren't overly happy with the setting, but they're getting a new tank.

Your setting does sound high, but your corals will let you know if that is really the case.

FishyFishy!
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Yeah they weren't happy last night. Even the polyps on my birdsnest retracted for the remainder of the evening. So we'll see what they look like today.

I mainly bought it because we're upgrading the egde to a 24X24 tank soon here. Thought I would try the MP10 on the wee little guy for a bit.

Proteus
09-20-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm about 20% on my lil cube. Any more and polyps retract

FishyFishy!
09-20-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm about 20% on my lil cube. Any more and polyps retract

Yeah thats what happened the second I put it in there. I'll lower it a little.

It's odd that my hammer coral dosn't seem to be swaying as much as it did with one koralia nano, yet the palys and the birdsnest seem to be ticked off with too much flow.