PDA

View Full Version : LF: Berghia Nudibranch

born
09-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Really need one of these guys, corals are getting stung in hard to reach spots.
If anyone knows of someone in calgary, let me know! thanks

born
12-18-2012, 03:49 AM
Bump, anyone have any for the xmas/boxing day?

Northernseacorals
12-18-2012, 03:53 AM
If you end up having some shipped to you, make sure yo order extra because the little critters do not travel well.

:wink:

born
12-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Ya thats what Red Coral Edmonton told me:cry:

Northernseacorals
12-18-2012, 04:06 AM
Ya thats what Red Coral Edmonton told me:cry:

This company will ship to Calgary direct, however you will probably need to get a couple other people interested to help cover the shipping cost.

http://www.saltyunderground.com/index.php?cPath=6&osCsid=7c4ac19a8c7852d56468c22326491063

born
12-18-2012, 04:20 AM
hmm maybe ill gauge some interest, I just dont know if I'd have the time to be in charge of a group buy

Northernseacorals
12-18-2012, 04:21 AM
hmm maybe ill gauge some interest, I just dont know if I'd have the time to be in charge of a group buy

Understandable, however you know there is an option now.

Midway
12-18-2012, 05:05 AM
Hi, i got a bunch of them from someone close to Edmonton. Don't really remember his handle here, but he breeds them. Maybe someone else remember who this guy is. I got a bunch of them like a said before, i put some in my refugium and some in my display. I had a really bad aptasia problem but really don't know who got rid of them, if it were the nudi or the copper band i had too. Well what i noticed that the copper band refused to eat once the aptasia was gone but i never saw him eating aptasia, maybe he ate them at night or in fact were the nudis that got rid of them.

Anyways, the copper band ended up dead after that cause like i said he refused to eat anything once the aptasia was gone. I think i have an email from this guy some where, i'll try to find it if i can.

FYI, even if you put some of those guys in your tank, but the way, how big is your tank? It'll take some time, sometimes months for them to start getting rid of them depending on your tank size and these guys need to breed first in order to attack the aptasia properly.

reefwars
12-18-2012, 05:10 AM
themaster

he breeds them for years, hes outside edmonton his name is erik , great guy to deal with:)

Midway
12-18-2012, 05:15 AM
There you go Denny you got it, that's the guy.

born
12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
ya I think I pm'd themaster before but he didnt have any ready. I debated a copperband but wasn't sure if I should do it since i've heard the may or may not be reef safe? And I didnt wanna push my tanks fish population too high or get another "big" fish. But if I can find a small one and then just sell him after I get rid of this problem.

My tank is 125G, and its a big aiptasia problem. The calculator for berg's said I'd need about 10 berghia to get rid of the problem.

monocus
12-18-2012, 06:11 PM
you could probably get away with 6 berghia.all they do is eat and breed so your population would grow over the next few months

Midway
12-18-2012, 08:22 PM
The copper band i had was very reef safe. I never saw him picking on any corals. Well in my case and already heard that those guys when they eat aptasia they usually don't eat anything else. in my case, I think that was true. After all the aptasia was gone (and i had a lot) this guy never eat anything, even when the aptasia was in the tank, he never ate any food the other fish were going crazy for it.