PDA

View Full Version : Another reef related injury.

Bob I
04-15-2004, 11:57 PM
I my quest to go Doug one better, I picked up an oddball injury today. While moving the contents of the 20H to the new 33G cube, I took the opportunity to remove some of those pesky Red Mushrooms from a rock using a knife. I was not wearing my glasses, and when I attacked a mushroom, it in turn retaliated by squirting me square in the eye. :evil: I figured that could do the eye no good, so I rinsed the eye with copious amounts of water. This of course resulted in an irritated, runny eye that would not stay open. Since my job involves driving, I thought that would be unsafe, and took most of the day off. The first time off in three years BTW. The eye is much better now, and I am continuing with the job of setting up the new tank. :rolleyes: :eek:

LostMind
04-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Hahahha, those pesky mushrooms.

Hope the eye heals up nicely.

UnderWorldAquatics
04-16-2004, 03:35 AM
you should have been wearing saftey glasses like your avatar....

sumpfinfishe
04-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Kyle wrote:you should have been wearing saftey glasses like your avatar....

LMAO :mrgreen:

Son Of Skyline
04-16-2004, 04:04 PM
We should make a show..."When Reef Tanks Attack".

Glad you're ok Bob. Do u think the mushroom juice irritated your eye directly or was it the eye rinsing that did most of the damage?

TANGOMAN
04-17-2004, 12:59 AM
I will consider you for the upcoming apprenticeship program Bob. That story had a very exciting beginning ... I was expecting you to say your reflexes took over and you stabbed yourself or somethin'.
Kari has some dissinfectant that may work... :lol: . It would be difficult to administer by ones self though... :lol: :lol: .
I hope you told the boss; "I won't be coming in today as I'm having a problem with my eye...I just can't see myself coming to work." :rolleyes:

Bob I
04-17-2004, 02:24 AM
We should make a show..."When Reef Tanks Attack".

Glad you're ok Bob. Do u think the mushroom juice irritated your eye directly or was it the eye rinsing that did most of the damage?

My feeling is that it was the eye rinsing that caused the irritation. :redface:

Bob I
04-17-2004, 02:26 AM
I hope you told the boss; "I won't be coming in today as I'm having a problem with my eye...I just can't see myself coming to work." :rolleyes:
:rofl:

Buccaneer
04-17-2004, 03:45 AM
.I just can't see myself coming to work." :rolleyes:

:mrgreen: