PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DIY LED Builder, Exchange Services

bomb1977
09-17-2012, 12:30 AM
I'm starting up a tank, I have 2 openings in the top of my tank that are 28"x16" so I'm thinking of making up 2 panels to fit these openings and mount my LED lighting in these.

The problem that I see is LED lighting being way over priced. I'm a retailer of furniture myself and I would love to have the kinds of margins these companies have...

I'm looking for somebody to build me at cost 2 panels that simply have 2 plugs each that I can put into a power bar with timers. One for Daytime light, one for night light. I may decide to use a dimmer set up down the road.

I want to be able to grow anything, so I want a mix of LED's. 3 watt LED's and good high K ratings. I don't want to have to worry about low par readings at the bottom of the tank. The night lights, not as complecated.

What I can offer on top of paying the material costs is you having access to my entire catologue of items at cost. I sell every type of furniture you can imagine along with custom work. I also sell high end beds like Green Sleep and Tempur Pedic. You can buy whatever you need directly from me, for the exact amount I'm invoiced for the product. I'll even let you place multiple orders as you've done me a huge favour.

Yes I can do the job. I'm actually a Tool and Die Maker by trade. But having a young family and a business really leaves me requiring 28 hours a day, not 24. I just don't have time to do it.

I'm looking for 2 panels that are water proof and loaded with 3 watt LED's, I would like a mix of 10k, 15k and 20k whites. For the night lights, blue are perfectly fine. I was thinking 2 panels maybe 24" x 12" that I can centre in the 28"x16" openings. 120 watts per side works for me.

If you build these and you're in Ontario...shoot me a PM. I will pay for any invoice you show me regarding the building of my panel and I will show you the invoice of anything you order from my store at cost.

I'm saving a few hundred bucks, you could save thousands...

Milad
09-17-2012, 12:40 AM
FYI the 10 15 and 20k whites are going to give you a garbage color. You want a mix of 2:1 ratio of royal blue to neutral white CREE XT LEDs

The Grizz
09-17-2012, 01:34 AM
DIY LEDs are pretty easy to do & can be done while your sitting on the couch :biggrin:

This is my build, have a look and if you have any questions just ask.

Enigma
09-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Wow! Smoking' deal you're offering here. Hopefully someone takes you up on it. A few evenings working on your lights could mean a great sleep for the next ten years for the builder.