PDA

View Full Version : FS: Huge branching hammer colony.

Rogue951
09-14-2012, 12:47 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/For%20Sale/IMG_0035.jpg

Full tank shot for size comparison.
Big ball in the middle.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk83/Rogue951/For%20Sale/IMG_0043.jpg
Approx 8" x 6" wide, 6" tall,
mini basket ball sized? half a soccer ball?
I'm GUESSING around 100 heads/developing into multi heads.

$200.

camaro7019
09-14-2012, 07:44 AM
if ur willing to let it go for 120 let me know, sorry but thats all i got right now

Rogue951
09-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Hammers average $5 a head in store. you do the math.

reefwars
09-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Hammers average $5 a head in store. you do the math.

i thinnk $200 is a steal id grab it if you were in calgary , good luck with the sale i doubt it will be for sale long:)

MKLKT
09-14-2012, 03:22 PM
i thinnk $200 is a steal id grab it if you were in calgary , good luck with the sale i doubt it will be for sale long:)

Yeah, I dunno what's with all the recent super lowballers from the valley.

reefwars
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I dunno what's with all the recent super lowballers from the valley.

i think its everywhere, i get at least 1 pm a day where someone will offer me next to nothing for frags i have.....i just dont reply back or give them a fake address lol

Rogue951
09-14-2012, 05:55 PM
thanks for restoring some hope in the community haha.
good to know I'm not the only one getting stupid offers.

Aquattro
09-14-2012, 06:09 PM
or give them a fake address lol

lol!! I gotta try that one :)

reefwars
09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
lol!! I gotta try that one :)

lol i think thats gonna be my new way of dealing with it, best is when they call and then i tell them they got the streets and the aves backwards their gonna be really mad lol

and then just for an extra kick when they call a third time ill tell them its sold lol :P

tang daddy
09-14-2012, 08:27 PM
If members want to try and make a lower offer than asking price they should do it through pm.... I think that is the best way to approach this, I understand everyone want a deal however posting an offer where everyone can see is not the best etiquette.

Good luck with the sale, it's a gorgeous show colony!

reefwars
09-14-2012, 08:37 PM
If members want to try and make a lower offer than asking price they should do it through pm.... I think that is the best way to approach this, I understand everyone want a deal however posting an offer where everyone can see is not the best etiquette.

Good luck with the sale, it's a gorgeous show colony!

i completely agree, offers and price discussion should be private through pm,only the seller should be able to post about prices:)

Acipenser
09-14-2012, 11:38 PM
....i just dont reply back or give them a fake address lol

Just give them the Hell's Angel's club house address, tell them not to knock just come straight in .....

Wheelman76
09-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Just give them the Hell's Angel's club house address, tell them not to knock just come straight in .....

Too funny!!!

gregzz4
09-14-2012, 11:48 PM
i completely agree, offers and price discussion should be private through pm,only the seller should be able to post about prices:)
+1
And enough lowballing already :razz:

Rogue951
09-15-2012, 06:44 PM
yes enough of that. lol.
so anyway back to selling the hammer. haha.

bomb1977
09-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Lowballing is part of life. I run a business and people try to negotiate with me all the time.

You have to remember that there is a retail price that a store will charge for something, a cost and a fair number that might be in between.

You're not a store, you don't have overhead. This is your hobby and you're on a website full of fellow people with the same hobby. Why wouldn't you hook them up?

I'm new to salt, but I have been breeding freshwater fish for years and I have given away thousands of fish for free to good homes. I would rather give somebody something knowing that they will look after it and possibly pass it on to the next generation when they multiply than sell it for profit to somebody who is just going to kill it.

Let's face facts, you're selling it because either you don't know how to split it yourself or it has outgrown your tank. Possibly you've become bored with it and want to use that space for something else. So why should you profit from it? You should be happy to get 20 cents on the dollar for it.

Here are a few words to live by from a well established businessman...

"The seller doesn't determine the selling price, the buyer does. Without a buyer there is no sale, without a buyer...your product is only worth what you think it is worth in your own mind, not in reality."

I'm currently building my first salt reef, a 120 with a 90 gallonsump/refuge. I hope that when I get it set up with live rock, lights and powerheads that some local people admire my dedication and help me out with some spare corals and some frags. I will be honored to house their corals in my tank and I will be the first one fragging them for the next new guy in line to help him/her out.

Life isn't all about money, you only care about money when you don't have it. When you have it you can focus on the other things in life that matter a lot more.

You can have my money, my home, my cars, my businesses...But if you try to touch my reputation, you've bitten off more than you can chew.

Rogue951
09-15-2012, 07:49 PM
$5 a head in store, There's in the neighborhood of 100 heads on this, so a "store" would charge $500 and $200 isn't a hook up?

I know very well how to frag my corals I'm just offering up a large piece for those with a larger tank. Not everyone wants to start with a one inch frag.

And by the way. If you're new to salt, you have no reputation here.

bomb1977
09-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I speak of my reputation in life, not my hobby.

I read your other post, you do have some awesome frags...that's for sure.

I was more commenting from the prespective of somebody who runs a couple of businesses and directly to the people who are so against lowballing.

My point really was that you would also try to get the best deal possible, it's just human nature. So why knock somebody else for doing the same? Just seems childish to me.

Comments in general, not really directed at any one person.

My reputation in life is very important to me. I run my companies in a fair and legal manner, I am a family man first and a businessman second. My first hobby is my amateur fighting career, my secondary hobby is fishkeeping.

My reputation (or lack of) on a website, not very important to me.

Nice to meet you, a couple of those zoa's looked amazing :)

Rogue951
09-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Mod's can you please close/delete this thread. I feel it's become unnecessarily cluttered for a sale thread.

Thank you.

Reef_Geek
09-15-2012, 08:34 PM
that's an awesome piece. it's not common to see one that size.

though in this forum, you're not as likely to find the kind of buyer needed for it. Your buyer is someone with a large tank looking for a show piece that they don't need to grow out themselves, and cannot find it in stores this size b/c shipping a large wild-collected piece is not feasible. On this forum, it's mostly more seasoned hobbyists who grow out and collect bits and pieces, or looking for rare frags. You might consider going to a LFS and asking to sell it on consignment. If you're not in a hurry, you could find a buyer in time here, but you're more likely to capture your $200 faster by way of 4-5 frags here imo.

by way of mention... "low balling" is commonly mistakenly used to refer to making a low offer. Making a low offer is simply making a low offer. Fair market value will prevail in the end. Low starting price items sell fast b/c the seller has under priced, high starting price sells slow b/c the seller has over priced... these are obvious. In time, an over priced item (not for its value, but for its value in this particular market) will be succumbed to lower priced offers.

Low balling actually refers to the tactic of the seller offering something for below-fair-market price and gets the buyer to bite, and in the end, gets what they want. Example, intro offers on signing up for internet service that has very low rates for 3 months.