PDA

View Full Version : some black leopard questions

reefwars
09-13-2012, 05:32 PM
ok, so ive ended up with 2 black leopards both are identical and around an inch or less in size.

i couldnt catch the one from my 90g but when we moved the tank and removed the sand the little guy was found in the grass , ive taken him home but he had nowhere to go but my fragtank which already houses the same identical wrasse, same colors same size....not a good combo.

they dont get along , they dont fight either....the obvious more dominant opne follows the other around and chases him, he does not let up.

it forces the other little girl to either hide aall day or bury its self.

right now i have one in my overflow box and the other is still in the fragtank.

couple questions.

if left alone what do you guys think the outcome will be...stress, possible death?

can a leopard wrasses tell whats sand and whats not??

i mean i can house the little one in my bonsai tank but im worried of him diving for the glass sandbed....ill have a pot of sand for her which shes use to sleeping in, but will she know the sand from the glass??

currently my fragtank is BB and they know where the sand is in there so im kinda thinking they do know, i know when i first introduced the sand pots they scoped them out before bed.

im trying to avoid rehoming her as im having a another fragtank set up with in a week or 2, the the rehoming is only temp.

another option is a couple of weeks in the overflow box where the most live food is anyways, and since the overflow box is see through she sees other fish(including the other wrasse)

my last option is just to rehome him, which is what i will do if it comes down to not being healthy:(

thanks guys and gals:)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, your best bet for keeping the little one alive is to rehome it. They are delicate fish to begin with. Add the stress of bullying or not the right living situation, and they will stop eating and die.

naesco
09-13-2012, 11:06 PM
I agree and re home them immediately as they do not handle stress well.

MarkoD
09-13-2012, 11:15 PM
a water change should fix that right up :razz:

11purewater
09-13-2012, 11:36 PM
agree!

reefwars
09-13-2012, 11:48 PM
a water change fixes everything:P

agreed ,i think one of the leopards is going to be re-homed.

Proteus
09-14-2012, 01:18 AM
a water change should fix that right up :razz:

👍

Snappy
09-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Ok I'll take it.:wink:

reefwars
09-14-2012, 04:11 AM
Ok I'll take it.:wink:

done deal he would do great in your tank:)

let me know when your in the area and hes yours:P