PDA

View Full Version : DIY ATS... Ideas/Thoughts/Pics

Salt2Death
09-12-2012, 11:25 PM
A good friend of mine recommended I look into a Algae Scrubber.... So after a ton of YouTube I turn to you all for advice.
Let Me Know What You Think

Sent Via Pirate Ship.......

reefwars
09-12-2012, 11:35 PM
A good friend of mine recommended I look into a Algae Scrubber.... So after a ton of YouTube I turn to you all for advice.
Let Me Know What You Think

if your wanting to do a ats, theres a awesome forumn dedicated to them called algaescrubber.net

theres also a thread on ats users here on canreef with lots of info just type ats in the search engine:)

Salt2Death
09-12-2012, 11:38 PM
Right on thanx-
But I still would like the thoughts out of this big group. Some huge amounts of knowledge here!

reefwars
09-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Right on thanx-
But I still would like the thoughts out of this big group. Some huge amounts of knowledge here!

like i said a simple search would bring up this thread, there are almost 100 replies of peoples experiences with them.

ill do the work for you and heres the thread:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82248&highlight=algae+scrubbers

if theres not enough info in there then i suggest the first link which is the ultimate ats forumn in north america....lots of experiences there too:)

hth, cheers:)

Salt2Death
09-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Hell yeah found all that big time great....

Need to design and build now!!

daplatapus
09-13-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm right behind ya, been looking into these things as well :D

cale262
09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
I've been looking at them for a while now, but I think I'm going to give an "upflow" design a whirl, sounds like guys are getting bigger bang for the buck and no alk issues.

gregzz4
09-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Hell yeah found all that big time great....

Need to design and build now!!

Paying attention to what others are telling/offering you can make a big difference ... :razz:

Read everything you can find here and stop rushing to find the easy answers ...

Spend the time to read through the threads that others have taken the time to post here and you will be much farther ahead :smile:

Snaz
09-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I built an upflow version for my AIO setting it up in place of the cheato refugium. I had to dismantle because after two weeks I was just starting to get growth but the tank really suffered without the refugium. Zoos melted, GH and skimey algae everywhere.

If I let it complete initial growth I'm sure it would have been successful.