PDA

View Full Version : Calling all fellow canreef members from Edmonton

stellarfly
09-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Hellow fellow reefers,

I realize that this is gonna sound unorthodox so here it goes...
I have been dreaming on starting up a reef tank for as long as I can remember and I have finally gathered enough gear to actually make this happen. I am having a 34 gallon nano cube built as I write this. It's a 20x20x20 inch cube. My one draw back is I have very little handy work when it comes to wood work. I don't own any saws and don't have experience putting a small stand together.

This is my desperate plea to any good hearted fellow woodworker on this site from Edmonton: would anyone be willing to take me under their wing to help me build my plywood stand. I would of course pay for all material needed to screw this stand together. My original idea was to try and build a stand just like the "Elos midi stand". I love the clean lines of these tanks. They're Beautiful.

Anyone willing to help a fellow reefer?

Please PM me if anyone can help.
Ps. I can travel anywhere in town and drive materials to and from.

Simon

cuz
09-12-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm to far away to help so I can only offer advise...

always bait these adds with beer or pizza!!

Nano
09-12-2012, 03:05 AM
I built my stand I'm not from Edmonton but 30 minutes south i could probably do yours as well check out my build thread by clicking the picture in my signature. Then pm me if your interested and let me know what your thinking exactly, the go from there :) beer and pizza is welcome ;)

Nano
09-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Also I don't want to "volunteer" anyone but MarkoD and The grizz both dabble in this as well

scubadawg
09-12-2012, 03:18 AM
I been trying to find a stand for a 90 gallon tank that I just purchased, if I can't find 1 in a week or so, I will end up, building my own, so if you want, we can build both stands as a project together, this will be a wood stand

Grizz will doing a steel stand for my 180 gallon

Yung

whipper
09-16-2012, 11:11 PM
I have the tools, can help or build for you