PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer help

Oilers
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I came back from my vacation and found that my skimmer is not working as it has the last couple months. I just bought it a couple months ago and it was working flawlessly. It is a Vertex Alpha Cone 170. Right now, the pump is still pumping but it's not foaming nor collecting waste. The water level is stuck at about half way no matter which way I turn the knob. Can you tell what's wrong with it and how to fix it? Thanks.

fishytime
09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I will ask the obvious questions..... have you cleaned the air intake recently?....if its clogged then the pump wont produce bubbles.....or it could be that the pump is clogged or needs cleaning.....

Nano
09-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Tagging along, I'm having similar issues, I modded the airline then it worked for a few days better then ever before, now I have the same problem, low water level in the body, lots of bubbles no skimming tho. Not even reaching the neck today. Mind you mines a different skimmer but could be similar issues.

Edit mine was just cleaned this weekend passed too, so it could be part of it, but could be more.

Good luck with your skimming issues OP I hope yours and mine get sorted :P