PDA

View Full Version : Can ICK deveolpe overnight

Basterb
09-09-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm trying to determine if my new Flame Angle has ick or if it's just micro bubbles/sand

I got him last night and he looked great. But his morning I noticed he is covered in white specs. All the other fish are doing great.

There are a lot of specs, so I知 leaning towards bubbles, maybe since the angle is hanging out at the bottom of the sand hiding and not moving around much. I'll have to fix the bubble problem, which really isn't that bad.

I'm not sure how fast ICK can start and spread. IF you tell me it starts with 2 or 3 spots then keeps growing then I値l be feeling better. I値l see if I can get a pic.

windcoast reefs
09-09-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm trying to determine if my new Flame Angle has ick or if it's just micro bubbles/sand

I got him last night and he looked great. But his morning I noticed he is covered in white specs. All the other fish are doing great.

There are a lot of specs, so I知 leaning towards bubbles, maybe since the angle is hanging out at the bottom of the sand hiding and not moving around much. I'll have to fix the bubble problem, which really isn't that bad.

I'm not sure how fast ICK can start and spread. IF you tell me it starts with 2 or 3 spots then keeps growing then I値l be feeling better. I値l see if I can get a pic.

I've had it where a fish is fine the night before to covered In ich the next morning, also I have never had it spread to other fish, a fish gets ich if it's stressed.

But you really want to make sure it's not just bubbles. Catching and treating a fish can be stressful sometimes and make things worse. I would just make sure it's eating, and try adding lots of garlic and vitamins to some Mysis, at least until you know if it's ich or not.

Basterb
09-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Here's the pics i got. Not the clearest.

I guess i can pick one spec on him and see if it moves. ICK shoudl not move right?

I can't see him eating becasue he's still new and hiding.

windcoast reefs
09-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Here's the pics i got. Not the clearest.

I guess i can pick one spec on him and see if it moves. ICK shoudl not move right?

I can't see him eating becasue he's still new and hiding.

It looks like its ich, but I would leave it in the tank. It should recover on its own as lOng as its eating.

Cal_stir
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
+ 1 on the garlic, lots of garlic, fresh garlic in a blender and filter out the juice and add it right to the tank, make the water smell like garlic, and keep the fish eating.

Aquattro
09-09-2012, 03:14 PM
That's ich. For future reference, fish don't really get covered in bubbles :)

I've always had success with garlic in helping a fish get over it, but I just mush fresh garlic into the nori (it's always tangs with me) and let them eat that. I suppose the bath thing would work just as well?

Basterb
09-09-2012, 03:44 PM
It was just bubbles. All gone!

He's swimming around more

Thanks

Cal_stir
09-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Ich has 4 cycles, the cysts falling off the fish is one of the cycles, the ich is going to multiply and come back with a vengance, like Aquattro said, fish don't get bubbles!