PDA

View Full Version : Finding plumbing parts for aquarium

stellarfly
09-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi felllow reefers,

Went to Home depot the other day looking for PVC pieces trying to find plumbing for the aquarium. I found the section and it had a lot of the pieces that are common such as 90 degree elbows,45's, T-fittings and the such but I could not find things like gate valves, ball valves, connectors and different other fittings to make a durso. Where in Edmonton, AB does everyone get these sort of pieces.

PS. Im trying to avoid interent shopping for a damn gate valve etc!

Any options:cry:

Reef Supplies
09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Not sure what you guys have in Alberta but the stuff we have here at hardware stores does not have the same ID and OD as the PVC reef / aquarium plumbing. You might find odds and ends but actual tubing might be hard to find.

Fortunately I have a solution :mrgreen: I sent you a PM

Ray

11purewater
09-08-2012, 08:24 PM
find a place that specializes in well pumps,or irrigation supply stores

bignose
09-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Red coral, Aquarium illusions, Bartel and Gibson, hot tub specialty stores...

toytech
09-08-2012, 08:47 PM
rona has a better selection of pvc fittings i find ,the home depot by me dosent even have pvc pipe . I got my gate valve at red coral , they have unions and stuff too.

jagermaier
09-08-2012, 10:06 PM
If Edmonton has a Lowes you should check there first as I found here in Calgary they have the best variety and price as far as hardware stores go. Whatever you can't find there, Western Pump (#101, 17860-106a Ave) should have the rest!

asylumdown
09-08-2012, 11:22 PM
In Calgary there's a bunch of plumbing supply specialty stores like Benner or Wolseley Mechanical. I'm sure Edmonton has similar specialty stores, and they usually carry everything you could possibly need to plumb a tank.

dbigdog
09-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Lowes on the outh sde has a good selection