PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running an ATI 250i Skimmer???

Spyd
09-07-2012, 01:07 PM
I ordered a Vertex Alpha Cone 200 about 6 months ago... Currently, I am running my new 180G tank off a Vertex IN-180. It was suppose to be temporary for a few months and now they say the Alpha Cone will not be out until Nov / Dec. I have moved all my corals over now into the 180G and my fish bioload is getting heavier by the month. So.... long sotry short, I will need a skimmer sooner than later.

I have researched the ATI Powercone 250i and it looks like a solid skimmer. The controllable pump and the 3000 lph of air are what drew me to it. Has anyone used one of these as it is looking like this is the one I am going to purchase. It fits my sump space without any hacking and slashing of my new baffles which is nice as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Reef Supplies
09-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Vertex supplies have been lacking to say the least! We have been waiting since June for some stuff and your dealer is correct, we are looking at Nov / Dec :cry:

The new ATI skimmer have not made it to our shores yet, so I don’t think anyone has tested them yet. Unless there are some beta testers we don't know of (cough cough).

Ray

The Codfather
09-07-2012, 02:49 PM
These skimmers look sweet. Wish this was an option 6 months ago before I bought my BK.
Tell you what Ray, when you get them in, if you send me one, Ill try it out and let you know.......

Reef Supplies
09-07-2012, 02:56 PM
These skimmers look sweet. Wish this was an option 6 months ago before I bought my BK.
Tell you what Ray, when you get them in, if you send me one, Ill try it out and let you know.......

:smile:

Budget permitted, I think BK's are still.....well, the kings.