PDA

View Full Version : Apex VDM module dead after power outage

Ross
09-06-2012, 05:05 AM
The other day, my power was cut for 54seconds and since then I have been having issues with my Apex lite VDM module.

Everything except my Modular leds came back to life as programmed and without a glitch.

My lights are programmed to ramp up to 65% over 2 hrs and then spend 8hrs at full strength before dimming down to 0% at night.

Since the power outage, the dimming functions are not functioning as they were for 2 months prior.
The drivers are dimming as expected when manipulated via an external source (battery). The vdm module its self seems to be stuck at around 25% and not able to change.

Are these VDM modules prone to failure??
Any tips or hints??

Thanks,

Aquattro
09-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Reboot the main unit? The VDM doesn't store any info, just relays what the control box tells it to do. If a reboot doesn't work, you could try deleting the VDM module and re-adding it, with an update firmware for good measure. If that doesn't work, call Neptune.

Ross
09-06-2012, 06:38 PM
After digging into it more, I had to uninstall the module multiple times.
I have a single eb8, a VDM and the display.
Somehow, it had the display registered 4 times the eb8 twice and the vdm twice.

Once it thinned the list down to the basic's it seems to be back up and running.

Is it common for the unit to auto add modules when power flickers?

MKLKT
09-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Possibly recognized it as a 'new' unit when it power cycled? I know the documentation mentions that ghost modules sometimes appear as they were plugged in during the initial quality control stages.