PDA

View Full Version : will trade pretty zoos for your suncorals!!

reefwars
09-05-2012, 11:50 PM
i will....dendros too...or buy them off you , either way i need suncorals!! :P

Bblinks
09-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I have a fair size colony 15-20 heads.

spit.fire
09-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Ooh ooh take mine

reefwars
09-06-2012, 12:59 AM
if you guys were in calgary id be on it ;P

albert_dao
09-06-2012, 01:20 AM

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4733/img0528o.jpg

Just sayin... :P

reefwars
09-06-2012, 01:25 AM
now thats just not fair lol

reefwars
09-06-2012, 01:26 AM
k im also going to be needing some gorgs to show up alberts dendros:(

fishytime
09-06-2012, 02:44 AM
will someone just give the guy a ride to E-town this w/e!?!?!?......I have a gorg frag I'd be willing to swap.....( have two different kinds of dendro too, but not willing to part with em just yet:wink:)

acepumping
09-06-2012, 04:34 AM
wow, impressive picture,, wish mine would open that big.. i get normal opening.. are those a diff type then the normal shorter tip ones??

albert_dao
09-06-2012, 04:44 AM
Derp, okay, I should clarify: I have no Dendros for sale. Not even frags. Why? Because I'm a bastard like that. That picture is also like a year old and I've long since become bored of/gotten rid of them.

Nizzmo
09-06-2012, 05:15 AM
Sick tank albert

Ginu
09-06-2012, 07:37 AM
Don't mean to hijack the thread but....
I wish I knew how to get them to open up... I have a small cony with about 7 heads and I've never seen them regardless of when i feed...
Any ideas how to make them "happy"?

albert_dao
09-06-2012, 07:46 AM
I wish I knew how to get them to open up... I have a small cony with about 7 heads and I've never seen them regardless of when i feed...

Feed them in a separate container - EVERY DAMN DAY.

Ginu
09-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Never thought of doing that but I just might... I have to win the suncoral battle.

What's best thing to feed them?

blacknife
09-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I had some for a while.. they rarely wanted to open.. i could tell they were shrinking so i started fighting hard. got most of them to open up after a couple weeks of feeding. kept that up for a month or so.. missed a few days as i was to busy with work, and it was back to square one. so i gave them away to someone that could bother to feed them every day heh.

someone with more experience can chime in, but when they were really hurting i would pull them out, or shut all flow off to that tank<20g fuge/fragtank> and make a mix of really thick reef roids, frozen cyclopeze, mushed up mysis, whatever i had from feeding everyone else and pretty much smother all the polyps with it, just leave it sitting where the tentacles will eventually come out. and just leave it until its finished eating, then put it back where it was or turn the flow on again.

other times i would just put a bit of food in the water or on the coral to get them to open up, ie come back in 10-30 mins then feed them then.

once they fatten up all these problems seem to go away, its just when they are really hurting.

Never thought of doing that but I just might... I have to win the suncoral battle.

What's best thing to feed them?

reefwars
09-06-2012, 08:23 AM

yup gotta be fed daily:)

train them , feed them in daylight only.a 2l bottle cut and placed overthem for feeding works well too.

once trained i blow debris around with a turkey baster then ten mins later i got suncorals ready to feed.

reefwars
09-06-2012, 08:27 AM
wow, impressive picture,, wish mine would open that big.. i get normal opening.. are those a diff type then the normal shorter tip ones??

yours dendros too??

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
I have my suncoral in a external breeding box being used to raise some baby Bangaiis. I feed the babies several times a day so the suncorals get fed a lot as well. It's the box that has an air-driven uptake and overflow system by Marina I think.

tang daddy
09-06-2012, 04:28 PM
I have my suncoral in a external breeding box being used to raise some baby Bangaiis. I feed the babies several times a day so the suncorals get fed a lot as well. It's the box that has an air-driven uptake and overflow system by Marina I think.

That's a good idea, but hopefully the suncoral doesn't eat the bangaii babies....

reefwars
09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
still looking for dendros , also looking for nps gorgs and carnations as well.

fishoholic
09-29-2012, 04:54 PM

Crazy stupid amounts of flow also helps. Doug doesn't target feed his but he has a ton of flow in his tank and I notice they are almost always open.

FYI AI has some large black suncorals FS

reefwars
11-08-2012, 04:16 AM
bump!!