PDA

View Full Version : Neon Green trumpet Coral

Beano1169
09-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey all I have had a neon green trumpet in my tank for 2-3 weeks now, it seemed to be doing alright but lately I have been reading that it my be sickly. The feeders arent out very often, and its not super puffed up. Im just kinda concerned because I do love the look of this coral. It has about 6-7 heads on it and they just seem skinny to me, I have been feeding phyto often every 2-3 days for my feather duster, should I increased it?

ScubaSteve
09-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey all I have had a neon green trumpet in my tank for 2-3 weeks now, it seemed to be doing alright but lately I have been reading that it my be sickly. The feeders arent out very often, and its not super puffed up. Im just kinda concerned because I do love the look of this coral. It has about 6-7 heads on it and they just seem skinny to me, I have been feeding phyto often every 2-3 days for my feather duster, should I increased it?

Candy canes tend to prefer meatier food than phyto as they are predatory rather than passive filter feeders. Try chopped mysis shrimp, small pieces of raw prawn, brine shrimp and cyclopeeze. Fauna Marine LLPS pellets work very well as well. You don't have to feed them though they will be healthier if you do. If they are looking irritated and shrunken check to make sure they aren't getting hit with too much flow or too little flow and they are recieving enough light.

Beano1169
09-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Ok thank you very much I have noticed that Since I moved them they have been upset so I will move them back and try some spot feeding. Thanks for the heads up, and it also may be because I did clean my fuge out recently so perhaps my levels are a bit wonky here and there I will test soon too and post an d up date thanks again!