PDA

View Full Version : FS armor of god pally's

fishoholic
09-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I have a 20 head frag of armor of god pally's for sale $60 firm. It broke off when I was moving the rock they were on around. People who are from the Edmonton area and have been around for awhile will also know them as the AI power head zoas from AI's old display tank. Local pick up only.

Here's a pic of what they look like

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P6070408.jpg

subman
09-03-2012, 05:07 PM
I'll take them Laurie. I'll pm you later to set up a time to pick up.
Jason

fishoholic
09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
I'll take them Laurie. I'll pm you later to set up a time to pick up.
Jason

Cool sounds good :biggrin: Frag pending to Jason

Proteus
09-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Did the ones from me melt away on you jason

subman
09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
No they are doing great I'm just an addict lol

Proteus
09-03-2012, 06:44 PM
No they are doing great I'm just an addict lol

Haha. Good sorry I couldn't have been fast this morning so u could see what Sheldon has for Sps. It needs a few days as. His water was real cold. But there's a nice purple w green polyps and a blue stag. If your looking for kick ass stuff call Waynemah he's got killer frags that are on the higher end. I know he took 300 bucks off me in about 5 minutes

reefermadness
09-03-2012, 06:56 PM
great price....wish that was around here.

Zoaelite
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM

+1

reefwars
09-03-2012, 07:23 PM

its sad that its not,its virtually in every zoa collectors tank here in alberta,this paly grows incredibly fast almost as fast as mohawks do.

ive grown my colonie from a skin flap twice now lol

fishoholic
09-03-2012, 07:56 PM
its sad that its not,its virtually in every zoa collectors tank here in alberta,this paly grows incredibly fast almost as fast as mohawks do.

ive grown my colonie from a skin flap twice now lol

Actually the ones I have (exact same as the AI powerhead ones) are fairly slow growers, think along the lines of candy apple red zoas. The ones AI had were slow growers as well. Maybe they're not quite the same as the ones you have? I thought they were called armor of god pally's but I think there are different types of them maybe? :noidea: ? The ones I have the pink on them is like a bright neon pink, mine fluoresce beautifully under the lights and glow under actinic's.

fishoholic
09-03-2012, 08:03 PM

+1

Darn I knew I should of asked for more :lol: At least I know they are going to a good home and I must say it was the fastest I believe I've ever sold anything on here.

Proteus
09-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Darn I knew I should of asked for more :lol: At least I know they are going to a good home and I must say it was the fastest I believe I've ever sold anything on here.

Haha. I here u. I sold mine of about 50 heads for $60.

reefwars
09-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Haha. I here u. I sold mine of about 50 heads for $60.

yup thats about the going rate, basically per polyp as 1 or 2 you can get $10/polyp as the colonies get bigger you get less.

finding poeple to sell colonies is tough though.

i bet laurie if you were to frag that colonie into 4 pieces you could get $25 a piece , so $100 in total.

great price you had it for, i knew it would sell fast:)
cheers:)

fishoholic
09-03-2012, 10:38 PM
yup thats about the going rate, basically per polyp as 1 or 2 you can get $10/polyp as the colonies get bigger you get less.

finding poeple to sell colonies is tough though.

i bet laurie if you were to frag that colonie into 4 pieces you could get $25 a piece , so $100 in total.

great price you had it for, i knew it would sell fast:)
cheers:)

Well I have to admit Denny (as much as it pains me to do so) you were right :razz:

I'll admit though I never thought it would sell in 10 minutes :surprise:

reefwars
09-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Well I have to admit Denny (as much as it pains me to do so) you were right :razz:

I'll admit though I never thought it would sell in 10 minutes :surprise:

hands down one of the nicest palys on the go , that color just pops under any lighting.

alot of people in alberta seem to have these now, i can bet you helped spread them i know youve had them for years, i got my first origional frag from you as well:)

i love seeing collector pieces grown and passed around :)

if i was closer i would have grabbed them my self as well lol great deal:)

reefermadness
09-04-2012, 01:40 AM
yup thats about the going rate, basically per polyp as 1 or 2 you can get $10/polyp as the colonies get bigger you get less. People are crazy but that is really crazy. Per polyp you can sell them for $10 but you can only sell a colony of 50 for $60?? That is a HUGE difference.

Stupidity ....but your probably right.

Myka
09-04-2012, 01:54 AM
People are crazy but that is really crazy. Per polyp you can sell them for $10 but you can only sell a colony of 50 for $60?? That is a HUGE difference.

It's very true though, reason being that people don't really think twice about spending $20-30 on a frag, but as soon as you get over $60 people start to balk. Anytime I have something fairly big to sell I will turn it into good-sized frags instead.

reefwars
09-04-2012, 02:16 AM
i hate pp pricing , i dont feel comfortable placing price on individual polyps.

i know its not the same for every province and city but small frags should be more common and cheaper around here:(

reefwars
09-04-2012, 02:19 AM
its my opinion but i also think those who buy single or pp frags of ultra rare stuff should lower their prices when they grow out, some of the prices on stuff is gone ridiculous....same with the names lol

Myka
09-04-2012, 02:25 AM
^ Drives me nuts when reefers ask the same price as retail. Or if the person thinks because Bob's Zoa retails for $25 pp in the USA that his 20 polyp colony is worth $500. :lol:

We in Saskatoon get lots of great 5-20 polyp frags at Bayside Corals for $10-45 usually. 90% of my collection came from Bayside. :D

reefermadness
09-04-2012, 02:26 AM
its my opinion but i also think those who buy single or pp frags of ultra rare stuff should lower their prices when they grow out, some of the prices on stuff is gone ridiculous....same with the names lolBut why expect someone else to dole out the high PP price and than turn around and sell to others for cheaper? I mean generally the price comes down but I hate these expectations......if someone wants it then they should dole out the high PP price...dont expect someone else to do it and that the first chance they get an extra few polyps they should sell for a fraction (unless they want to).

In the end its just the market. If someone grows out a big colony of something locally....odd are the price will go down because the market will be saturated (locally at least). If it doesnt well that just means people are willing to pay.

reefermadness
09-04-2012, 02:32 AM
DP

reefwars
09-04-2012, 02:36 AM
But why expect someone else to dole out the high PP price and than turn around and sell to others for cheaper? I mean generally the price comes down but I hate these expectations......if someone wants it then they should dole out the high PP price...dont expect someone else to do it and that the first chance they get an extra few polyps they should sell for a fraction (unless they want to).

In the end its just the market. If someone grows out a big colony of something locally....odd are the price will go down because the market will be saturated (locally at least). If it doesnt well that just means people are willing to pay.

and thats the other side of it, realistically a high price was paid , so why not also get the same high price , i know totally what your saying about this. with zoanthids this is a hard rule to debate on no doubt.

i pay an expensive amount for pp all the time , its a collection thing to me as i bet it is most(prob same with sps im sure)with alot of collectors.

theres def both sides to it , i just like to see it as a whole cheaper considering how easy alot of them grow:)

reefermadness
09-04-2012, 02:42 AM
and thats the other side of it, realistically a high price was paid , so why not also get the same high price , i know totally what your saying about this. with zoanthids this is a hard rule to debate on no doubt.

i pay an expensive amount for pp all the time , its a collection thing to me as i bet it is most(prob same with sps im sure)with alot of collectors.

theres def both sides to it , i just like to see it as a whole cheaper considering how easy alot of them grow:)I agree. Its nice to share those ones that have done well for less. But for everyone few that have done well there is probably one that hasn't.

I have very rarely asked the same price for something that I have paid once I grow it out.....its almost always a bit less. Even than I say if I was willing to pay x amount for it sure enough someone else is....but I like to make people feel like they are getting a good deal (which I dont feel regularly anyway).

anyway..think this thread has side steped a bit....sorry.

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 04:11 AM
It's very true though, reason being that people don't really think twice about spending $20-30 on a frag, but as soon as you get over $60 people start to balk. Anytime I have something fairly big to sell I will turn it into good-sized frags instead.

That is soooooo true! I was going to ask $80 but figured that was to much and Doug figured $60 was on the high side but I wasn't going to let them go for any less then that. I hate fraging coral which is why I didn't go that route. Although I have had lots of interest, good thing Jason is quick on the draw or I would have a bidding war on my hands.

I agree. Its nice to share those ones that have done well for less. But for everyone few that have done well there is probably one that hasn't.

I have very rarely asked the same price for something that I have paid once I grow it out.....its almost always a bit less. Even than I say if I was willing to pay x amount for it sure enough someone else is....but I like to make people feel like they are getting a good deal (which I dont feel regularly anyway).

anyway..think this thread has side steped a bit....sorry.

No worries, it's not like I've never gone off on a tangent before :lol:

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 04:19 AM
hands down one of the nicest palys on the go , that color just pops under any lighting.

alot of people in alberta seem to have these now, i can bet you helped spread them i know youve had them for years, i got my first origional frag from you as well:)

Are you sure I sold those ones to you??? I don't think I've ever sold any of those pally's before to anyone, They are by far my favorite and I consider them my babies so it would of been like pulling teeth to get a frag from me. Unless when I moved the rock around a piece broke off (which is what happened this time). I think I remember selling you pink pallys that are similar to these but no were near as bright. However I'll be the first to admit I don't always remember things well especially from a few years ago.

reefwars
09-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Are you sure I sold those ones to you??? I don't think I've ever sold any of those pally's before to anyone, They are by far my favorite and I consider them my babies so it would of been like pulling teeth to get a frag from me. Unless when I moved the rock around a piece broke off (which is what happened this time). I think I remember selling you pink pallys that are similar to these but no were near as bright. However I'll be the first to admit I don't always remember things well especially from a few years ago.

yup i also got the bight AI palys too lol :P

reefwars
09-04-2012, 04:26 AM
that pic was your potm wasnt it??

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Denny these pink pally's are the ones I remember selling and they are very fast growers
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/20g%20cube/P7100452-1.jpg

Jason this is a pic of your frag that I just took
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii53/Laurie_Morin/IMGP6407.jpg

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 04:39 AM
that pic was your potm wasnt it??

Yes it was, I forgot about that :lol:

reefwars
09-04-2012, 04:44 AM
Yes it was, I forgot about that :lol:

hahah yup i got both , the pink palys i got with the mantis and the AOG you gave me a small frag :)

reefwars
09-04-2012, 04:50 AM
haha lauries gettin hooked on zooooooos lol i guess with ol zoabe-wan kanobi in the same house hard not to eh:P

subman
09-04-2012, 04:56 AM
Schweeeeeet it looks great Laurie, I'll swing by soon to pick it up

fishytime
09-04-2012, 05:15 AM
i guess with ol zoabe-wan kanobi in the same house hard not to eh:P

thanks Denny....that made me titter:lol:

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 05:16 AM
hahah yup i got both , the pink palys i got with the mantis and the AOG you gave me a small frag :)

Ya managed to talk me into it eh? Now that you mentioned that I do sort of remember, because you bought the rock and the mantis etc. I caved and gave in :lol: For a friend it made sense to do so, besides all the wonderful coral you gave me more then made up for it! PS I LOOOOOVE my Darth mauls

haha lauries gettin hooked on zooooooos lol i guess with ol zoabe-wan kanobi in the same house hard not to eh:P

:lol: So true! Although I've always liked zoas, unfortunately they haven't always like me!

Schweeeeeet it looks great Laurie, I'll swing by soon to pick it up

Cool glad you like them, thought it would be good to share the actual pic of the frag :biggrin:

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 05:19 AM
Wow I/we must talk a lot, the frag sold in 10 minutes and here we are on page 4 :lol: That or there's nothing better to do :razz::lol: BTW how did it get to 11:30pm already!!!!:surprise:

reefwars
09-04-2012, 05:19 AM
PS I LOOOOOVE my Darth mauls

they hate me for some reason lol my last colonie grew to 200 polyps , then after i sold the colonie i kept a frag of 10 polyps , that melted within a month lol

i got that one back now, but i also got another darth maul morph just recently ill bring you up a frag of that one too and you can put them side by side to see if any more morph for you:)

should also mention a friend gave me a single polyp and that too melted lol

fishoholic
09-04-2012, 05:24 AM
they hate me for some reason lol my last colonie grew to 200 polyps , then after i sold the colonie i kept a frag of 10 polyps , that melted within a month lol

should also mention a friend gave me a single polyp and that too melted lol

That sucks :sad:

i got that one back now, but i also got another darth maul morph just recently ill bring you up a frag of that one too and you can put them side by side to see if any more morph for you:)

SWEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!! Score! :cheer2: